Somehow I Can't Become Honest...

Lovely Complex

Jun.K laid back on the couch as he had a can of beer in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. The announcer’s voice rang from the TV, “Ultima-runner is in the lead, with Diabolos following in a close second. All horses have now entered the final furlong!”

Leaning closer, his interest piqued. “Hm?”

“Never-quest has caught up with the lead! Never-quest is fast! He’s taken over the lead!”

Crushing the empty can in his hand, he watched intensely. “Yes! Come on! Come on!”


“GO FOR IT! YEAH!” Jun.K’s voice echoed outside of the dorm.

Sweat drops formed on Wooyoung’s and IU’s forehead as they approached the building. Wooyoung sighed at his hyung’s voice. “What now?”


“…” A sweat drop formed on Jun.K’s forehead as he watched another horse win the race. He threw his betting tickets in the air, as he collapsed back onto the couch. “No! He couldn’t keep it up to the end!”

Chansung took a peek at the TV then looked at Jun.K. “Did you lose again?”

“Excuse me, but you’re drinking beer and listening to horse racing on a Sunday afternoon?” Junho appeared from behind Chansung, and smirked with a tease. “It’s not really commendable for a young man.”

Jun.K glared at Junho. “Let me be! I’ll spend my days off the way I want to.” Sighing, he stretched his arms to the back of his head. “You do have a point though; beer and horses. But it’s not like there’s anything interesting going on…”

Junho chuckled while Chansung’s face brightened as he saw who was coming in. “We’re back!” IU smile. “What’s the occasion with all the noise?”

Wooyoung walked up behind her, as he laughed. “Betting on horses again? I bet you lost too.”

“How’d practice go?” Jun.K asked.

IU flashed a peace sign and a bright smile. “Smooth.”

“We’re going up to work on composing now,” Wooyoung announced as he and IU headed up the stairs.

Jun.K’s eyes widened. “You’re going to work again after practice? Geez~” He watched them go up and out of his sight. Sighing, he placed his hands in his pockets. “They really do nothing else. I can’t go through with that.” After a moment’s pause, he looked up the stairs in thought. Wait a minute… Are they working all the time? I would’ve had a nervous breakdown by now with all that work. And they’re alone “working”? Maybe there’s more to the story…?!


In his bedroom, Jun.K kneeled beside the wall. “IU’s room is next door. I should’ve thought of this earlier.” Placing a cup on the wall, he  placed his ear on it and began to get giddy. “Just maybe they’re using their ‘aloneness’ to do something else to blow stress. Huh?” Not hearing anything, he arched an eyebrow. “Why are they so quiet?” His eyes widened as he imagined the two making out and getting steamy. He drilled a small hole in the wall. “Omigod! This is incredible! They’ve taken their relationship a lot further than I expected them to! I gotta get this on film and on video too!” Breathing heavily, he peered through the hole like a ert. Let’s see! Hmm?

IU and Wooyoung sat silently on opposite sides of the table, scribbling away on their respective pieces of paper. Tapping her pencil on the table, she rested her chin on her hand. “Hey Wooyoung? Would it sound good if it was sung like this?” She hummed a short tune.

“Hmm…” After a short pause, Wooyoung hummed a slightly different version of the tune. “How about that?”

“Whaa~ I like it,” she marveled and quickly began to make the changes on her composition notebook.

Huh? A sweat drop formed on Jun.K’s forehead. “They really are working. Seems like they aren’t getting any then.”

Wooyoung yawned. Stretching, he grumbled, “I can’t concentrate at all. I should’ve gotten some sleep yesterday.”

IU looked up at him. “You were up all night? Why not take a nap?”

“Yeah, I think I will.” Taking the pillow that she was handing him, he laid down. “Wake me up in one hour?”

“Ne.”

Hmm, he’s going to sleep just like that? In the same room as IU? Jun.K smirked. “He’s positively got some confidence in her…”

“What’s up hyung?” Taecyeon asked as he looked at Jun.K stuck to his wall.

“Whoa! Taecyeon! Don’t sneak up on me like that!” Jun.K jumped back from fright, revealing the peep-hole.

Taecyeon chuckled. “What are you peeping at?”

“Shh! It’s just getting interesting; don’t blow the cover.” As the two tried to take a peek through the small hole, Jun.K explained the current situation, “The pabo is working and Wooyoung is sleeping. Just watch and see.” IU scribbled away on her notebook as Wooyoung laid on the floor. Her pencil stopped, as she took small glances at him until her eyes steadied on him. Her cheeks slowly turned pink. Jun.K snickered, “He he he, IU can’t take her mind off Wooyoung. She’s a girl, after all.”

“This is boring,” Taecyeon sighed.

Jun.K drilled a new hole for Taecyeon while keeping his eye on his hole. “Have some patience. Oh! Is she making her move?” IU carefully crawled towards Wooyoung’s side.

“Move? Where’s she going?” Taecyeon asked, taking a peek through the new hole.

“Shh! Quiet now.” Jun.K stifled his giggle as IU sat next to Wooyoung and watched him sleep. “She’s contemplating what to do.”

“What’s she thinking about?”

Jun.K smirked. “The proverbial angel and devil are struggling it out. Huh? Ahh!” His eyes widened, as IU’s cheeks were bright pink as she placed both hands on the floor with Wooyoung now underneath her. Trembling, she gulped as she looked down at his lips.

“Kiss him? Is she going to kiss him?” Taecyeon watched with earnest.

“Yeah, let the devil take over!” Jun.K cheered.

Sighing, IU sat back up and turned away. She shook her head. Taecyeon tilted his head. “Huh? She quit?”

“Bwo?!?” Jun.K got riled up. “You’re going to stop after coming this far? Don’t be so spineless!… ?!!!” He gasped as IU continued where she left off; she turned back around and slowly inched towards the sleeping Wooyoung. As she eyed his lips, she shut her eyes and slowly leaned in.

“Yesss!” Jun.K and Taecyeon cheered at the sight.

“I’m awake,” Wooyoung bluntly said, as his eyes shot open.

IU’s eyes widened, as she backed away from him. “Omo?!”

“Byuntae!” He stretched her cheeks out hard and quickly let go.

“Ouch!” She pouted as she rubbed her cheeks.

“And…” He stomped towards the wall.

“Huh?” Jun.K and Taecyeon stayed still from shock at the sudden turn of events. Wooyoung stuck his finger through both of the holes, successfully poking their eyes. “Guaaa! My eye! My eye!” they both cried.


“Peeping is criminal activity, I hope you’re aware of that,” Wooyoung scolded as he covered the holes with small pieces of wood.

Taecyeon and Jun.K sat in IU’s room, while IU was beside Wooyoung, holding onto the nails for him. Jun.K chuckled nervously. “Well, the decision was a result of a long and winding train of thought…”

“Geez, you’re never up to any good when you’re bored.”

“Hey, that’s rude.” Jun.K pouted. “I was only going to tape your love scene so you two could see it too.”

Wooyoung sighed as he put his tools away. “That’s what I mean by no good.”

Jun.K smiled to IU. “I’m sure IU wouldn’t mind?”

She giggled shyly. “Well, uhh, umm…”

“I do!” Wooyoung yelled. “And you!” He glared at her. “You tried to take advantage of me while I was asleep! You’re low!”

Taecyeon laughed, as IU quickly rubbed her hands together. “Mianhe! It was a spur-of-the-moment thing!” Remembering the moment, she fidgeted with her fingers as she looked down at them. “I mean, you looked so cute asleep and all… I couldn’t resist…”

“Wha…” Wooyoung’s cheeks turned bright pink.

Eh? Jun.K smirked, noticing it.

Wooyoung pinched her cheeks. “What kind of talk is that? I won’t help you work if you say something like that again!”

“Mianhe!” she cried in his grasp.

Taecyeon chuckled. “IU, you byuntae.”

“You should just go out with IU,” Jun.K said.

Wooyoung’s eyes shot open, letting go of her cheeks. “Wha?!”

“You like her, don’t you?” Jun.K asked as he teasingly poked Wooyoung’s shoulder.

“Oh, so you do?” Taecyeon asked, with a sparkle of interest in his eye.

“Ani!” Wooyoung retorted.

“Then you don’t like her?” Taecyeon put Wooyoung in a headlock.

Wooyoung struggled to break free. “It’s not that I don’t like her, it’s just that… Anyway, who cares?”

Jun.K sighed. “Just come clean!” He slammed both hands on the table. “The reason why you’re always working together is because you like her!”

“It’s not like that,” Wooyoung said as he broke free from Taecyeon's grasp. Wooyoung slammed both hands on his table as well. “Really! There’s nothing going on between us, so will you stop?”

“Do you have to put it in my face like that?” IU sighed in the background.

Jun.K broke out in cold sweat, slightly getting frightened by Wooyoung. Jun.K backed away, as he forced a chuckle. “Take a joke, Wooyoung.”

“You know.” Wooyoung crossed his arms. “You’re always poking your nose in other people’s business. But what about yourself?” Wooyoung glared at Jun.K.

“Huh?” Jun.K’s eyes widened, as his cheeks turned pink. "Me?"

“Ne, what about you?” IU asked with curiosity building up in her. She smiled and asked eagerly. “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“I thought you drink and gamble because you don’t have a girlfriend,” Taecyeon joined in.

Wooyoung smirked. “Looks like you’ve got to worry about yourself instead of others.”

“Wahh?” Jun.K forced a laugh. “Nevermind stuff about me.”

“Ani,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Ack!”

“You’re hiding something, hyung.” Wooyoung stood behind IU and placed both hands on her shoulders. “Isn’t it that you like IU? I mean you’re always bugging her.”

“Jinjja?” Her cheeks turned bright pink as she looked up at Wooyoung with wide eyes. “He likes me?”

Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched. “You’re so gullible it’s almost unbelievable.”

“Ne.” Jun.K’s cheeks turned pink, as he averted his eyes.

Everyone’s jaws dropped, as silence fell in the room. Clearning his throat, Wooyoung broke the silence, “Umm, hyung?”

“Jun.K-ssi?” A sweat drop formed on IU’s forehead.

“Don’t look at me!” Jun.K turned away from IU all shy.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead as well. “Hyung? You…?”

“Oh well,” Jun.K sighed. “I can’t hide it forever. I might as well fess up.” Putting on a small smile, he looked at IU. “Ever since I first laid eyes on you, IU, I’ve totally fallen in love with you.” Walking towards her, he grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. She turned bright pink, as she stayed frozen.

Wooyoung forced out a laugh. “You’re kidding, right?”

Jun.K embraced the still frozen IU, and smiled at Wooyoung. “I’m glad there’s nothing between IU and you.”

Wooyoung clenched his hands into fists at the sight, as his smile faltered. “Umm, uhh…”

Pulling away from her, Jun.K took off her glasses, and smiled at her. “Now I don’t have to feel bad for what I’m about to do…”

As he slowly leaned towards her, he placed a hand on the side of her face to direct her face in his direction. Still shocked from everything, she stayed still as she watched the lips approach her.

“A… ANI!!” Wooyoung yelled.

“Omo?” IU passed out as Jun.K hit a pressure point.

“Huh?” Wooyoung’s eyes widened.

“I lied.” Jun.K laughed. “I pulled your leg.”

Wooyoung’s cheeks turned bright pink. “Wha…”

“So why can’t I kiss IU?” Jun.K poked Wooyoung’s arm teasingly once again.

“Umm…” Wooyoung became flustered.

“Why not, Wooyoungie?” Taecyeon teased as well. “Why not?”

“Umm, well I didn’t… H- Hyung!!”

Jun.K stopped Wooyoung with his finger. “You see? Being frank helps sometimes. Bye now!” He said happily as he dragged Taecyeon out the room with him.

Regaining consciousness, IU sat up. In a daze, she looked up at a bright pink Wooyoung standing beside her and looking back at her. Kneeling down next to her, he pinched her cheeks. “I deny it! I totally and absolutely deny it!”

“What's happening?!” she cried.


“He he he,” Jun.K snickered as he plopped down on the couch and opened a can of beer. “A drink always tastes better after a good deed."

[A/N: Thank you so much to everyone's condolences and support during my absence. It's been a tough year so far for me, especially with losses in my life. I'm just grateful that I have all of you and this story to come back to; to just take a break from reality. Here's a very long overdue update as thanks. I love you all!]