When the Cherry Blossoms Bloom

Lovely Complex

The sun shone on 2PM’s dorm as cherry blossom petals flew with the slight breeze. The front door opened, and everyone stepped inside. “We’re back!”

“Well since you’re still our manager...” With a big smile on his face, Jun.K patted IU’s back. “Work hard!”

IU’s eyes widened as she looked at him. “Bwo?”

Taecyeon began to drag her away. “IU, go and cook some rice ok!”

A sweat drop formed on Nichkhun’s forehead as he watched the three of them. He turned his focus on Wooyoung. “So what are you gonna do now?”

“I…” Wooyoung thought for a bit. Suddenly hit with realization, he placed a hand on Nichkhun’s shoulder and looked at him. “What date is it today?”

“21st,” Taecyeon responded.

“Bwo?” Wooyoung stood in shock.

Honestly thinking that Wooyoung didn’t hear the first time, Chansung happily responded, “It’s March 21st.”

IU looked at him in concern. “What’s wrong, Wooyoung-oppa?… Omo…” Her smile faltered as she realized what the date was.

“Today…” Wooyoung looked shocked. “… I'm supposed to be at a music show…”

Chansung’s eyes widened. “Bwoyo?”

“What time is it right now? Waa~ You're totally late! What kind of manager am I?!” IU began to panic.

“Pabo!” Grabbing onto her wrist, Wooyoung began to run out the door. “Kanda!”


“Aigoo… It already started…” IU said as she and Wooyoung ran towards the venue amongst the falling cherry blossom petals.

Once they reached the place, Jr waved at Wooyoung. “Ah hyung!” Wooyoung placed both hands on his knees as he began to pant. While he caught his breath, Jr nudged him with his elbow. “You have guts coming late to a music show with your new girlfriend.” He smirked while pointing at IU who was promptly wearing her thick glasses and twin-braids as she stood at the back near the door.

Wooyoung glared. “Shut up. It’s not like that.”

Jr tilted his head in confusion. “Then why is she here? It’s not like she debuted yet, especially looking like that.”

Wooyoung stood straight and looked at Jr with a serious face. “Is there something with how she looks? I think she's beautiful.” Once the announcer introduced him, he walked out on stage leaving behind a very confused and baffled Jr.

Jr looked at IU while he muttered to himself. “What did I do?”

She just tilted her head as she untied her braids, confused why Jr was looking at her suddenly. Aish forget it. I better get ready for my performance.


Once Wooyoung finished his performance, he hung with Got7 at the waiting room and watched the rest of the performances. Jr sat on the couch. “So you made your solo debut, what are you gonna do about that love of yours… What was her name?” Placing a finger on his temple, he began to try to remember.

Wooyoung sighed, “Tiffany.”

Jr snapped his fingers. “Ne, her.”

“Tiffany has been traveling for 2 years now.” He forced out a small smile. “Besides, I failed my debut and I don’t know how to face her.”

“That’s too bad… You worked so hard!” Standing from his seat, he patted Wooyoung's shoulder on his way out. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick. I'll be back."

Wooyoung sighed again.

"Oh!" Jackson exclaimed at the tv, making Wooyoung look at it. "It's IU! She's so amazing!!'

JB nodded. "I know! Just that she debuted at a time when mostly boy groups are making their comeback. Those girls can be really mean..."

Wooyoung's hands slowly turned into fists as he continued to watch her performance.


After the show was over, IU and Wooyoung walked back to the dorms. They could already see the front door.

“Omo, such a strong wind!” The turtle was lying down on IU’s shoulder, and she held him down so he wouldn’t fly away. The sudden gust of wind made the cherry blossoms swirl around the two. Wooyoung just continued to walk in a daze. IU tilted her head in confusion. What’s the matter with him? He seems lonely… Catching up to him, she yelled, “Yah, Wooyoung! You don’t look cheerful, what’s the matter?”

“BS!” He clicked his tongue as he looked back at her. “I’m alright!” He turned back around and walked inside the dorms, leaving her behind.

She just stood there from the sudden rudeness. “What’s the matter with him?”

“He really seems uncheerful…” Jun.K popped up next to IU, and the rest of the members seemed to come out of nowhere as well. “What’s wrong with him?”

IU jumped from the sudden appearance of everyone. “Jun.K, when did you come?! All of you-“

“Maybe he’s hungry?” Taecyeon said.

“Is it because he spent a lot on the vacation…” Chansung wondered aloud.

Junho wondered aloud as well, “Ani, he once said that he got fat because of stressing about his debut, so I think he’s thinking of how to lose the fat…”

IU forced a giggle as a sweat drop formed on her forehead. I don’t think it’s because of any of those reasons…

“Didn’t he look better after the vacation though?” Nichkhun asked.

IU nodded her head. “Maja.” She pouted.


Wooyoung was looking at a photo of his younger self. “It already has been 2 years… I was so happy when she called me the night before the debut, but we didn’t talk about anything important…” He placed the photo in-between pages of a journal, and laid his head on his desk. “That was really rude of me earlier…” His cheeks slightly turned pink. “I wonder what that pabo is doing now?”


IU paced around the dorm as her turtle followed. “Hmm… He’s making me worry.” He is a bit uncheerful… “Bwo? She walked down the stairs and something caught her eye. “Jun.K, what are you doing?”

"Annyeong manager, come and help us!” He winked at her while he carried a big straw mat. “We’re preparing for the spring festival.”


“So we do this every year?” IU said as she spread a blanket on the grass.

Jun.K nodded. “Yup, we have a beautiful view of sakura blossoms here!”

“Is our Wooyoungie still uncheerful?” Taecyeon asked.

IU solemnly nodded. From that, Jun.K clapped his hands. “Then we’ll just celebrate and cheer him up a bit!”

“Good idea,” Chansung agreed.

Taecyeon raised his hand. “I’m in!”

Junho nodded. “Ok.”

“Manager, go to Nichkhun’s and get some drinks and then come back okay?” Jun.K demanded.

“Oh, ne.” She smiled and ran off.


“Spring festival, not bad…” Nichkhun smiled. “I’ll join after I turn off the lights to the tea shop. Take the soju with you.” He placed the bottles in the box of drinks IU was carrying.

“Waaaa!” She yelped from the sudden increase of weight.

“Don’t forget to save some for me!” He waved at her as she walked away with a laugh.

As she walked up the stairs, she began to take in the view. “The sakura blossoms are really beautiful here… Omo!” Stumbling on her feet, two beer cans fell.

“Wah?!” After catching the cans, a young woman with long black hair straightened her posture and smiled at IU. “What beautiful sakura blossoms.”

“Bwo?” IU tilted her head in confusion, wondering who she was.

“Take this back.” The woman placed the two cans in the box. “You should be more careful.”

“Ne…”

“Manager!” Taecyeon’s voice could be heard from the top of the stairs. “What took you so long?”

Facing up, she yelled. “Coming!” She turned to face back at the lady. “Thank you miss- Bwo?” Not seeing the woman from sight, she tilted her head. Strange…


“Hyung, dinner is ready!” Chansung called out.

“Ne!” As Wooyoung walked out of the dorms, his eyes widened. He saw lanterns hung up in-between the trees and everyone sitting on the blanket. “Bwo?” He smiled. “That’s right. I forgot all about this.”

“Wooyoungie, hurry and come!” Jun.K waved at him.

With his mouth full, Taecyeon added, “We already started eating!”

“Wooyoungie, you don’t look happy!” Jun.K approached Wooyoung.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead as he can clearly smell the alcohol from his hyung. “Bwo?”

“I mean not like that you’re usually happy, but you always have that complacent look on your face! Uncheerful Wooyoungie is like having soju without a snack.”

“If you don’t have money!” Taecyeon ran over to Wooyoung and acted like he was pulling money out of the inside of a trench coat. “We can discuss about that! I have a lot of money you know…”

Wooyoungie looked at him in shock. “What’s this all about?”

“Hyung!” Chansung ran over as well carrying different trays of food. “I made a lot of dishes! Try it to cheer you up!”

Junho came up with a jar filled with dark liquid. “If you’re concerned about your weight, I brought our family secret medicine that can make you lose 10kg in just three days! I’ll give it to you.”

Feeling overwhelmed, Wooyoung backed up. “What?… Wait a minute…”

IU laughed. “Everyone is so caring… They’re all worried about you, Wooyoung.”

“I guess you’re right…” Wooyoung smiled which slowly turned into a laugh. “Thank you guys. I’m alright now. Thank you.”

Jun.K handed him a can of beer. “Alright! Wooyoungie is happy now, so let’s start the party!” He raised his can of beer and chugged it down.

“Assa!” Everyone cheered.

IU giggled nervously. “You’re all drunk already…”

As the night continued, Wooyoung and IU sat next to each other, watching everyone with their own drunk antics.

“We were worried about you…” IU said as she looked at Wooyoung while she sipped on her juice.

He gave her a small smile. “Mian… Anyway… It would be useless to worry about me…”

She tilted her head. “Bwo?”

“I want to cherish this moment forever. I don’t want to think about the future and just enjoy now. A failed debut doesn’t mean the end of the world.”

“I agree! Out of everyone, I can relate to that the most!” She nodded rapidly, making his eyes widen from the sudden enthusiasm. “If you need to talk about something, talk to me. I’m good at helping people.”

Chuckling, he responded, “Thank you. By the way..." He lifted his hand and placed it on top of her head, and began petting her. As he gently her hair, he praised her with a smile. "Good job on your performance today."

Her eyes widened as her cheeks turned bright pink.

Finally arriving, Nichkhun watched the two from afar and smiled. "How romantic."