Congratulations on Your Debut?

Lovely Complex

IU sat still in the waiting room, looking off into the distance. Taecyeon waved his hands frantically in front of her face, made funny faces, anything to get a reaction from her, but she continued to sit still with her face frozen. Sighing he shook his head and walked out of her room. "No reaction from her at all... Boring~"

Crossing his arms, Nichkhun leaned against the wall. "It's been two hours and she's still like that."

"Yah..." Jun.K nudged Wooyoung. "What happened?"

Wooyoung sighed, trying to put his earpiece on. "How should I know? After we went inside the JYPE building, she just went into that phase. No matter what I said, she wouldn't respond."

"But in the morning, she seemed so energetic." Jun.K grinned at Wooyoung, instigating him. "Did you say something bad to her?"

Shocked, he yelled, "I didn't say anything!" After a moment, he sighed again and looked at IU's door with concern.

~*~

"... He already promised with someone..." She muttered under her breath. "Someone... Who could it be?" Wooyoung-oppa... Ani, Wooyoung wasn't the guy from my memory, so in other words, he has nothing to do with me... I'm just like an outsider to him... She let out a weak laugh. Closing her eyes, she sighed and slouched in her seat.

"Yah..."

She opened her eyes slowly in a daze to see who was calling her.

"What's the matter with you?"

Her eyes widened and her cheeks turned pink as she saw Wooyoung's face looking down at her... and his luscious lips so close to hers. She shut her eyes closed and curled up in a ball. "... Heart beat rising," she muttered.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung's forehead. "Listen to me! Today is our debut stage! We should be getting ready now!"

"You don't have to worry about me..."

"What are you saying? Let's go. You need to get up."

"Forget it. I don't have anything to do with you."

"What are you talking about?" After a moment of silence, IU peered up from her ball to see if he was still there. Smiling, he extended his hand out to her. "Kaja."

~*~

The two looked at the door that leads to the stage. "It's finally time." Wooyoung clenched his hands into a fist. "Let's go in together."

He quickly grabbed onto IU as he knew she would've tried to escape... which she tried to. She began to panic. "It's better if I don't look! I'm getting too nervous!"

"Everyone gets nervous... I'm nervuos too."

She stopped and looked at him. He looked straight at the door with a determined look, but she could feel from the hand that's still grabbing her that he's slightly shaking.

"Ready?" He looked at her. "Set." Opening the door, they both walked in together.

~*~

"Aish!" Wooyoung punched the wall right when he got off stage. "I practiced so hard for this day..." He was so disappointed in himself. In the middle of his performance, he slipped as he was performing an intricate footwork sequence. He slipped again at the end of his performance. What started out as a charismatic performance became heartbreaking as his confidence dropped throughout. All that hard work he put for this very stage. He wanted it to be perfect. He wanted to show that he can do well on his own...

The door opened, interrupting his thoughts. Oh shoot! IU's performance ended! He quickly slapped on a face and rushed to her. "Congratulations. Starting today, you're now an idol." Before he even finished, she walked past him. "Bwo?"

~*~

As they walked to the bus, Wooyoung walked ahead while IU quickly followed after him, trying desperately to catch up to him... Or that's how it usually was. At the bus stop, Wooyoung retrieved a can from the vending machine. When he looked up, IU kept walking away. "IU... Do you want some coffee?" He rushed next to her. She's acting weird. Why isn't she saying anything? Is she trying to figure out a way to console my failure? Is she disappointed in me too especially knowing how much she looked up to me? He muttered under his breath, "If she's upset about my failure, I'll just let it go." He rushed next to her and smiled. "Come on. You can at least be happy about your debut stage. I might be happier too!"

"Wooyoung." She finally spoke but she didn't slow down nor turned to look at him. "Don't follow me."

"Bwo?" His eyes widened. "What do you mean?" He started to get irritated as he matched his pace with hers. "Wait up! Just because you had your successful debut and I did bad doesn't mean you have to be so cold towards me!" She starting running away, and he ran after her. "Yah! Wait, IU!"

"Why are you following me?!"

"Because! Just because you finally had your debut, that doesn't mean you can just disregard my existence after all I did to help you!"

"It's not like that!"

"It's not like what?"

"Don't follow me anyways! Waa!" She tripped and landed on the ground.

He walked towards her, trying to catch his breath. "Knowing how clumsy you are, I knew this would happen. I'm just surprised that it took longer than I expected." He crouched next to her. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"Don't get near me!" Her back was still turned against him.

"Huh?" Grabbing her shoulder, he turned her around. "Are you hurt?"

"Dont... Don't look at me!"

"Bwo?" His eyes widened once he finally saw her face. Tears streamed down her cheeks as their eyes finally met. "A- Are you crying?"

"A girl called me a pig..." Her voice cracked. "Once she started, all of them began chanting it..." Her tears couldn't stop flowing. "The 3-minute song felt so long. I thought that, even though I wasn't popular, they would listen to my song... But they didn't!" Wooyoung pulled her towards his chest, knowing that his shirt was now stained with tears. She muttered one last time before she cried her heart out, "But they didn't..."

~*~

"Ever since I debuted..." Wooyoung muttered in his cup, but it quickly turned into a yell. "Ever since I debuted! All I did was study music!"

After IU calmed down, the two decided to go sit at the small tent from the food truck and drink.

"I didn't hang out with friends and I didn't have any girlfriends." He hung his head low. "Just like a loser."

"I should be crying..." IU sighed. "I thought you were the guy from my promise... well right until the few hours before my debut..."

"What?" He puffed his cheeks. "You want to blame me now? That's your own fault! Besides, the person I made my promise with is beautiful you can't compare!"

"Hmph! So!" She sat up straight and glared at him. "You tried because of some girl! That's kinda embarrassing."

"Tsk. Didn't you do it because of a guy? Not to mention one from 2007. You're really idiotic."

They both grabbed their shots of soju and drank it all. In unison, they finished it and slammed their cups on the table.

"Bwo?" IU leaned towards Wooyoung, pointing her finger at him. "You violent boy! You're always picking on me!"

He stood up from his seat and leaned towards her as well. "Don't be obnoxious. You're always the one asking to get hit! Looking at you makes me uneasy!" He began to pour himself another shot. "You're not only slow, but also stupid. Plus you're 6 years younger. You're like a child! You shouldn't even be drinking!" He downed another shot of soju.

"You idiot!" She pinched both of his cheeks roughly just as he'd always done to her. "I know looking at me makes me uneasy! I learned that very well today from the crowd!" She began to tear up again. "I hate looking at you too! I don't want to see your face again!" And with that, she walked away, leaving him there shocked and drunk.

~*~

IU walked away. She walked around aimlessly until the sun came up. She ended up at the train station. I think... I'm kind of tired... She put her glasses away. I should... go travel somewhere far away...

~*~

"Mmm..." Nichkhun rubbed his eyes open. Everyone was scattered in the room still sleeping. He looked at the sign and all the decorations that was put up for celebrating their debut. "Wooyoung and IU sure are slow..."

[Author's Note: DOUBLE UPDATE!! I realize I always do this everytime I haven't updated in a while to make it up to you all... and then I disappear and not update in a while... heh sorry. But I based their debut stages on their real experiences... like what actually happened during their real solo debut stages. Hoped you enjoyed it!]