Don't Cry, Chansung~ie!

Lovely Complex

"Daebak... Delicious!" Jun.K looked at the dinner table adorned with steaming, appetizing food. Glancing at IU and Wooyoung, he muttered under his breath, "Unlike a certain someone's cooking."

Wooyoung's eyebrow twitched. "Who is that certain someone you're referring to, hyung?"

IU giggled, "Our food always tastes better than it looks though." Wooyoung glared at her for not wanting to be put on the same standards as her.

"Great, Chansungie," Nichkhun quickly changed the subject. "Let's dig in!"

"Gomawoyo..." Chansung smiled.

"What should we do this weekend?" Jun.K asked while happily taking another bite of his food.

"You're always bored," Wooyoung responded.

"Yah! I'm busy composing music for our next comeback which isn't until next year. Don't treat me like a pabo."

"Chansungie, what are you doing this Sunday?" Taecyeon asked.

Chansung's eyes widened from the question. "Me? I..." He put his bowl of rice down as he began to fidget with his fingers.

Noticing this, Junho asked, "What's wrong, Chansungie? You actually stopped eating."

Quickly picking his bowl up again, he ate a mouthful of rice and chuckled. "Oh nothing much." He watched the others while they conversed amongst themselves.

"Are you 'studying' with IU, again?" Jun.K teased Wooyoung.

Wooyoung's cheeks turned pink. "Stop saying that! It's not like I want to."

"I have to do an event in Japan," Junho replied to Taecyeon's question earlier.

Taecyeon smiled. "Nado."

Once Chansung's eyes landed on IU, she looked back at him and smiled. He quickly looked away and continued eating, making her sigh.

~*~

"Chansung-ssi doesn't really talk to me." Sighing, IU walked down the hallway. She closed her eyes and crossed her arms, getting deep into her thoughts. I wonder if he still doesn't trust me?

Walking down the same hallway towards IU's direction, Chansung carried folded laundry so high that it blocked his field of vision.

"Omo!" IU exclaimed, as the two eventually bumped into each other. Sitting on the floor, she saw all his clothes scattered. "Mianheyo! I wasn't looking, Chansung-ssi."

He looked at her in shock. "M- Manager..."

"I- I'll pick it up!" She quickly scrambled to pick up all the clothes.

He quickly picked up the clothes as well. "N- No thanks!" Amidst the chaos, she accidentally grabbed his hand. His eyes widened as his cheeks slowly turned pink.

Noticing his reaction, she smiled nervously. "Ch- Chansung-ssi..."

Quickly picking everything up, he ran away. "I have to go."

Stunned by how quickly he left, she sighed. Chansung-ssi must hate me... "Bwo? What's this?" She saw something scrunched into a ball. Picking it up, the object lost its form, making her cheeks instantly turn bright pink. B- Bwo?! Ch- Ch- Ch- Chansung's un- underwear? With her heart beating quickly, she muttered under her breath, "Otteoke?"

Swinging an arm around over her shoulder, Taecyeon happily asked, "What are you babbling about, IU?"

"Wah!" She quickly turned around and hid the item behind her.

Junho walked towards them, as Taecyeon continued to converse with the manager. "I just saw Chansungie running by. He looks pretty depressed... Do you know why?"

"M- M-" She waved one hand in front of her, as she forced a nervous laugh. "Mollayo! It's not my fault!"

"Jinjja~?" Junho asked slowly, yet hauntingly, as he pinched her cheek hard.

Scared, she nodded frantically. "Jinjjayo!"

~*~

At a secluded teashop, where there are always never customers, Nichkhun worked. IU and Wooyoung sat down at a table. Wooyoung asked accusingly, "Did you make Chansungie sad?"

"A- Aniyo!" IU denied.

"Hyung! Why don't you teach her a lesson! You're too nice to her!" Wooyoung yelled, as Nichkhun came by the table to serve them their tea.

Placing two cups on the table, Nichkhun smiled. "You're here to compose music, right?" With that, he walked away to leave the two to bicker.

"What did you do this time?! Chansungie is just our innocent maknae! Even though he comes off as strong and looks mature, he's actually quiet, shy and is emotionally frail! He probably got shocked meeting a girl like you!" Taking a sip of tea, he muttered, "Chansungie has been pretty quiet recently..." He glared at her. "It must be you fault."

Shocked by the accusation, all IU could do was laugh. "Why would it be my fault?"

Drying some cups clean, Nichkhun added into the conversation, "It tends to be hard to regain his trust. I mean, he did believe that you weren't erted." He chuckled.

She pouted. "Otteoke?"

"Molla," he smiled and handed him a folder. "Here, take this."

"What's this?" she asked, skimming through the papers.

"2PM's basic info. A manager should have this, maja?"

"Omo?" IU's eyes stopped at Chansung's profile. "I- Is that why?"

Curious, Wooyoung began to look at it too. Noticing what she was staring at, he sighed, "Pabo."

"Who's a pabo?!" She stood up from her seat as she slammed her hands on the table. "You probably didn't know either, so who are you calling a pabo!"

Standing up as well, he retorted, "The pabo who can't find the beat in music!"

"Oh well..." A sweatdrop formed on Nichkhun's forehead, as he chuckled. "Looks like they're getting along just fine."

~*~

In his room, Chansung stared at the calendar on his desk. Sighing, he rested his head. I guess everyone already forgot about today... He decided to head outside.

"Omo!" IU stood there shocked once he opened the door.

"M- Mian," he quickly apologized as he quickly walked past her.

"Wait, Chansung-ssi!" she called after him.

"I have to do my laundry!"

"But you just did it last night!"

~*~

Chansung stood on the roof of the building. Leaning against the rail, he watched the sun set.

"Chansung-ssi! I finally found you." IU sighed in relief as she walked towards him. She gave him a small smile. "You'll catch a cold if you stay out here."

He looked over his shoulder at her. "M- Manager..."

Just as he was about to walk past her again, she quickly grabbed his wrist with both of her hands, using all of her might to stop him from leaving. Shutting her eyes tight, she announced, "Saengil chukahae, Chansung-ssi!"

"Bwo?" Chansung turned around and his cheeks turned bright pink.

"SAENGIL CHUKAHAE!" all of the members popped up and greeted happily.

"E- Everyone is here?" Chansung looked at everyone in shock.

Jun.K smiled. "Surprised?"

"Who would have thought that you would know his birthday." Junho crossed his arms as he stood next to IU.

IU smiled at him. Is this his way of praising me?

Nichkhun ruffled her hair. "Good job, IU."

"Saengil chukahae!" Taecyeon shouted again as he used a popper.

"Everyone..." Smiling brightly at everyone, tears began to well in Chansung's eyes. "Gomawoyo."

"She was the one that cleared all our schedules and dragged everyone here," Wooyoung smiled, pointing at IU. "She really tried her best."

Chansung looked at her, shocked by the news.

Feeling bashful, she waved her hands as she giggled. "Aigoo~ It was nothing."

Wooyoung nudged her arm. "Pali! Hurry up and apologize!"

She bowed 90 degrees. "Mianheyo, Chansung-ssi." Standing up straight, she smiled at him warmly. "I'm sorry for my indecent actions from the past. I'll try my hardest to change to make it up for you." She raised a fist up. "So cheer up!"

Chansung smiled brightly. "I will, IU."

"Oh yeah! I bought you a birthday present." Rummaging through her bag, she took out the gift and handed it to him. Everyone's eyes instantly widened once they saw IU's hand also holding onto Chansung's underwear. Seeing the article of clothing in her hands, Chansung's cheeks turned bright pink. Quickly grabbing everything from her hands, he ran away.

"Huh? Chansungie!" Taecyeon ran after him

"You..." IU froze as she felt a killing aura around her. She looked at Wooyoung, cracking his knuckles. "You pabo! You made Chansungie sad again!"

"I'll make your cheeks numb!" Junho got ready to pinch her.

Jun.K reached for her ear. "Get out of here!"

"AIEEE~!" IU screamed in pain.

Nichkhun chuckled as a sweatdrop formed on his forehead. "It's gotten quite lively here."

[Author's Note: I agree with Nichkhun ^^ Here, we learn what kind of character Chansung is: He's a sensitive baby that should be protected at all cost despite his muscular build and mature face! Feel free to subscribe or comment! Hoped you enjoy this chapter :D]