Date

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date

Chapter 7

 

Sica was lying on her spacious bed. She stretched her arms out and stared the ceiling above her. It’s been a restless day for her. She had to check up a lot of things for next week company’s latest line fashion show. And her boss didn’t make it any easier for her. It’s rare for Sica to get scold from her, and today was her unlucky day to get one. It was part of her fault too actually because she couldn’t focus. Yeah, thanks to a lot of pressure she got lately.

Her eyes felt so heavy and started to lose her consciousness when she felt the vibration from her phone. Sica lazily searched for her phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Unnie!” Krystal spoke enthusiastically from the other line.

“Woah, Soojungie. What’s up?”

“Nothing, unnie. I just wanna hear your voice. You promise to call me, but you never did.”

Sica giggled knowing her sister’s reason. “Sorry, Soojung-ah. Get stuck with pile of works. What are you doing now? Are you in the dorm now?”

And so the conversation went for hours as they were talking about significant to random things. They were clearly missed each other and didn’t want to end the conversation, not until the younger girl felt sleepy.

Sica could hear Krystal were yawning on the other side.

“You should go to sleep now, Soojung-ah.”

“Ah, unnie. I still have a lot to tell you,” Krystal sulked.

“Next time, Soojung-ah. I will call you again tomorrow,” Sica tried to persuade her. She already felt sleepy and tired too actually but talking to her sister gave her some new energy.

“Okay then. Don’t forget, unnie.”

“Yes, my sweetheart. I won’t.”

“Ah, unnie. There is one more thing I want to ask you,” Krystal said.

“And what is that?”

“Are you still mad at Dad?”

Silence.

“Unnie?”

“Hmm?”

“Yah, listen to me, unnie. I can tell there is something between you and Dad. Especially from our last dinner.”

Sica hesitated.

“Unnie?”

“Yeah, you’re right, Soojung-ah,” Sica answered unenthusiastically.

“Why, unnie? You’ve always been daddy’s favorite daughter.”

Sica huffed. “Complicated, Soojung-ah. Complicated.”

“I have all night to hear your story, unnie.” But her body seemed to betray her. Sica could hear her yawning again.

“Let’s talk about it next time. You really have to sleep, Soojung-ah.”

“Unnie!”

“No, Soojung. Let’s sleep.” Sica used her authority as the older one.

Krystal heaved a defeated sigh. “Okay. But promise me you will talk about this.”

“I promise. Next time.”

“See you then, unnie. Love you,” Krsytal said.

“Love you too, Soojung-ah,” Sica ended the conversation and put her phone on the table lamp beside the bed.

Krystal’s question brought the memory about her father. It had been almost 7 years since her talk with him about Sica’s decision to continue her study in New York. But they were still occasionally talk to each other or sometimes her father would pay a visit to her in New York. She wasn’t this mad at him because at that time she understood she had to pay the price to reach her dream. And up ‘til that moment she hadn’t known love. She hadn’t had love, someone she loved so dearly. So their relationship wasn’t as bad as now and Krystal wasn’t suspicious at all.

And all the chaos between her father and she started after Krystal joined as SM trainee so she didn’t know much about situation at home. And Sica herself didn’t want to bother her little sister. She knew her demand as a singer trainee was so high, she couldn’t add more burden to her anymore. That’s why she pretend as nothing had happened. But in fact, her sister finally could sense something was wrong.

After all, you couldn’t lie for too long. Especially to your dear one.

***

“Okay, thank you everyone. Let’s call an end for this meeting. You all can go now.” Sica ended the last meeting for next week fashion show. Her staff gave a bow to her before leaving the room. Sica was the last to leave the room.

Sica lifted her right hand and check on her watch. It was already time to go. She would have a date with Yul soon. She went to her room to pick up her belongings.

“You’re finally here.” She was greeted by deep voice.

Sica didn’t expect him to come and was shocked for a second. But she ignored him and went to her desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter