Another Chance

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another Chance

Chapter 15

 

The room was lighted bright and clear, showing a lot of music equipments ranging from mixers to subwoofers. All of it was showed through the large clear window on the right side that was connected to the editing room.

Behind the big glass could be seen a tall and slender girl in a simple white striped shirt and pair of denim jeans standing in the middle of the recording room, in front of the mic. A black headphone was fixed on her shiny brown hair that draped just a little bit longer than her shoulders. was opened in synchronous movement as her body, especially her head, followed the rhythm of the background music blasted from the headphone she wore.

A man was observing her from the next room while his ears were covered with earphones which the singer’s voice was audible. He listened to it with a serious expression and examined each tone that was formed by her voice box.

A sound of knocking door dispersed his concentration. He averted his head towards the door and found a smiling man in a blue shirt coming inside the room. He gave a slight smile to the man before returning his concentration back to the voice played on the earphones.

The new incoming man took another earphones and put it on. He pulled another chair and sat on it. Just like the man next to him, he listened to the voice carefully.

After about two minutes, the girl inside the recording room had finished singing and put down her headphone. She looked at the large window only to get thumbs up from the older man on the room next door. She smiled genuinely to the man and leaving the recording room.

“Her raw voice is really nice,” the younger man commented.

The other man nodded. “Hear it for the first time?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah. Only have heard the touched up one. No wonder she is really doing well.”

“One of the best we have,” answered the older man before he turned around and saw the appearance of the singer girl. He got up and welcomed her in a hug.

“This one is far much better than before. Great job,” he patted the girl’s back.

“Thank you, Jaewon oppa,” said her as she pulled from the hug. Her eyes was landed on the man that was sitting comfortably on the chair with a smile plastered on his face behind Jaewon.

Jaewon noticed her gaze at his hoobae. “Ah, introduce our greatest composer of all time, Kwon Yul,” he gestured like Yul was some kind of rare and valuable item on an expo.

Yul laughed from behind at his sunbae’s behavior.

“Hello, I’m Kwon Yul. Nice to finally meet you, Yoona-ssi.”  He offered his hand as he standing up.

The singer girl welcomed his hand with pleasure and smiled afterwards. “Nice to meet you too, Kwon Yul-ssi. I’m Im Yoona.”

He let go his hand. “Just call me Yul.”

“Call me Yoona then.” The girl replied happily.

“He comes here today to hear your recording, Yoona,” Jaewon told the girl.

“I want to know your voice first, before we work together,” Yul added.

“Oh, right. Manager Oppa has told me about it. I think I won’t meet you until three.”

“I know I know. I just need to know your voice before we discuss your new song,” answered Yul.

“Then how if we listen to my recording now?” Yoona suggested.

“Good idea,” Jaewon talked. “Here. Here,” he gave each of them one headset. After that, he replayed the song Yoona just sang a moment ago and put the headset on himself.

The melodious voice of the young girl started to play. Yul closed his eyes and carefully examined the voice he heard through the headphone.

It was one type of pop song that really easy listening and would immediately captivate your mind the first time you hear it. And Yoona’s voice that was so soft yet so strong and full of happiness made the song really enjoyable to hear.

Yul’s mouth simultaneously moved as he was singing the song softly.

“It’s so good,” Yul commented after the song ended. “You only need to sing the bridge part much stronger and it will be perfect.”

Jaewon nodded agreeing Yul’s comment. “Yep. The other part is already perfect.”

“Okay, we can finish it today, oppa.” Yoona answered, not forget to give a smile.

“Alright, alright. You always work hard, Yoona,” Jaewon patted her shoulder. “You can rest first. You’ve been recording since morning.”

“How if we have a lunch first?” Yul gave suggestion. “It’s already lunch time.”

Yul looked at Jaewon to see him nodding and then shifted his gaze to Yoona, waiting for her answer.

“I’ll tell manager oppa, first,” she smiled before reaching for her phone.

At lunch, Yul got to know more about Yoona. His hyung, Kim Jaewon, had been working a couple of times with her and told about her a lot, more than what Yoona said herself. Yul just chuckled or laughed every time Jaewon talked about Yoona. His hyung looked really enthusiastic discussing about the singer.

Im Yoona is a young female singer debuted about three years ago when she was only 19 years old. Being a solo female singer in Korean music industry nowadays wasn’t easy at all. People preferred a group of bunch people with powerful dance moves and pretty face.

Yoona was a different case. Although she was singing as a solo, but she had more than enough to support her career as a singer until now. A cheerful and captivating voice, a powerful dance, an undeniable pretty face, she had it all. Each of her songs did quite well on chart. Moreover, her latest song succeeded to get the first place on multiple music charts. Her popularity was rising continuously with each songs released.

Being under the spotlight wasn’t easy at all. She had to meet up everyone’s expectation even on her worst days or else a lot of bad and malicious comments would be spread. The fear of her private life was exposed to public grew tremendously year by year. Living in a spotlight meant to let your privacy invaded and your times dictated. So little autonomy.

But, Yoona liked her career. Entertainment world is indeed cruel yet she was determined to go through this all if it meant she could fulfill the dream she had since her childhood.

After the lunch, they continued their work on the song and discussed it a little bit before deciding that everything had been perfect. A little touch up on the background music and then the song would be ready to add up in the album.

Yoona’s work didn’t stop there. She still had to discuss her new song with Yul and the team. This time, Yoona would sing a ballad one. Yoona rarely sang ballad song but the agency believed she could pull it off too. So Yul’s team was chosen on this one. They were the best on this field of genre.

Yul and his team had prepared a song titled Wings. They discussed the song with Yoona, telling her everything she needed to know to sing it perfectly. Especially the meaning behind the song so she could get the emotions well and delivered it smoothly to the song.

“You gave me wings and taught me to fly?” Yoona asked about the lyric.

“Yes, that’s the symbol how your dear one not only stopping you from giving up or picking you up when you’re down, but to the extent where they give you the wings so you can fly higher and higher. Being much better than you already are,” he explained.

Yoona nodded along. She continued hearing the explanation and she would occasionally asked question if she felt something was missing.

After discussing and listening to the demo songs, again was sung by Yul, for about two hours, Yul interrupted.

“I think today’s meeting is enough.”

“Wow. This is fast, Yul. You usually keep us longer in this room,” one of his co-worker said jokingly.

“Yeah, I know I know. I need to go soon,” Yul answered lightly.

“Meeting your girl?” another one chirped teasingly.

Yul laughed. “I just have something to do.”

“Oh, Yul oppa has a girlfriend?” Yoona asked innocently.

“He has, Yoona. But he always keep his girlfriend to himself. Never telling us w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter