Finding Solace

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N  Hello I'm back again. Still rooting for any of the pairing? Let's see where this story goes :)  
And thank you everyone who read and gave comment on the last chapter. It means a lot, so I'll try my best to finish this story.

 

Finding Solace

Chapter 43

 

Jessica parked her car in front of the house, realizing it had been quite some time since her last visit. As she gazed at the familiar facade, memories flooded her mind, mostly pleasant ones. However, her current state of anxiety overshadowed the comfort the house once provided.

Taking a few deep breaths, Jessica attempted to calm herself. The idea of telling Yul about her pregnancy had been a constant battle within her heart. A part of her believed he deserved to know about the child they had conceived out of love - even though it was unexpected - yet another part hesitated, overwhelmed by the fear of rejection and the potential burden it might place on him.

Since their painful breakup, Jessica had made a promise to herself not to burden Yul with her troubles again. She wanted to respect his space and give him the chance to move on and find happiness. The last thing she desired was to disrupt his life, stirring up old wounds and reopening the pain they had both endured.

The future of their relationship also clouded her mind with uncertainty. What would happen to them once she revealed the news? It was a complex situation. She didn't dare to rekindle her relationship with Yul again, knowing she had hurt him deeply. Moreover, even though she had already asked for a divorce from Taeng, she didn't want to hurt Taeng again, as it would be unfair to him.

In addition to the uncertainty, Jessica found herself unsure of her own feelings. Love had always defined her connection with Yul, but since starting anew with Taeng, her emotions had become muddled. 

She did love Taeng.

She knew it was real.

But how much can someone’s heart take?

Was she gradually giving Yul's place to Taeng, or was Taeng merely carving his own space in her life? 

These questions remained unanswered.

Amidst her contemplation, a song on the radio caught her attention. The voice resonated in her mind like a familiar melody, every inflection and subtle intonation known to her. It was a voice that could calm her racing heart and bring solace to her troubled soul. Its comforting warmth wrapped around her like a cozy blanket on a cold winter's night. She adored the way it effortlessly conveyed emotions, painting vivid pictures with its cadence and rhythm.

Soon, another familiar voice joined in—a young woman's voice with a natural sweetness to its tone, belonging to Im Yoona. As Jessica listened, her heart ached with bittersweet anticipation. Note by note, their voices intertwined in perfect harmony.

As the song came to an end, Jessica found herself captivated by its melody, stirring a whirlwind of emotions deep within her. Intrigued, she decided to search for the song online, eager to learn more about its origin. Swiftly typing the song's title into the search bar, she watched the music video that appeared on her screen, immersing herself in the visuals and unfolding narrative.

The music video transported Jessica to a world filled with vibrant colors, breathtaking landscapes, and scenes of love and happiness. The undeniable chemistry between the singers, their palpable connection, evoked a pang of nostalgia within her. Watching them share stolen glances and moments of laughter, Jessica couldn't deny the truth—their happiness was real, vividly captured in the frames of the music video. It brought her a sense of contentment to witness their joy, but it also brought a poignant realization.

She came to understand that she could no longer be the source of Yul's happiness. Deep down, she knew she couldn't fulfill that role in his life anymore. The conflicting emotions overwhelmed her, making her more hesitant to proceed with revealing the news to him.

Lost in her thoughts and the music video, Jessica's reverie was abruptly interrupted by a knock on her car window. Startled, she dropped her phone, and her gaze met Yul's outside the car. Nervousness washed over her, but she quickly composed herself, running her fingers through her hair before lowering the window.

"Hi," she greeted him, her voice slightly shaky.

Yul looked at her with curiosity, clearly wondering why she was there. His eyes searched for an explanation, and Jessica struggled to find the right words to approach the conversation.

"What brings you here, Sica?" Yul asked, his voice tinged with genuine interest.

Jessica hesitated, her uncertainty mounting as she debated whether to reveal the news. Before she could make up her mind, her phone began ringing, startling her once again. Glancing at the caller ID, her expression froze in shock and disbelief, leaving Yul increasingly perplexed by the sudden change in her demeanor.

"Sorry," she stammered, her voice trembling as she answered the call. The information she received caused her face to pale, her body to tense, and her mind to go blank.

Concern etched on his face, Yul watched her closely. "Sica, are you okay?" he asked, unable to comprehend the sudden shift in events.

"I'm sorry, I have to go now," she managed to utter, her voice quivering with a mixture of anxiety and urgency. Hastily closing the window, she fumbled to start the car, her mind overwhelmed by a whirlwind of emotions. With an apologetic look on her face, she swiftly drove away, leaving Yul standing there, perplexed and wondering about the reasons behind her abrupt departure and her initial visit to his house.

***

Jessica sat by her father's bedside, her heart heavy with sorrow and disbelief. The news had come as a devastating blow – her father had made the difficult decision to order a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) and expressed his wish to be taken out of the hospital. He refused any aggressive medical interventions and wished to pass away naturally. It was an unimaginable reality, one that Jessica struggled to accept.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at her father, his weakened form lying in the hospital bed. She couldn't bear the thought of losing him, of letting him slip away without a fight. Yet, his eyes pleaded with her, his voice filled with a fragile longing.

"Dad, please reconsider," Jessica whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "We can find other options, other treatments. We can't just give up."

Her father weakly reached out his hand, his touch feeble but filled with warmth. "Sooyeon-ah," he whispered hoarsely, his voice trembling with fragility. "All I want is to spend my remaining days with both you and Soojung. To cherish the time we have left together."

Jessica's heart shattered at his words, realizing the depth of her father’s longing to create precious memories with her and her sister. She looked over at Krystal, who stood silently by their father's bedside, her eyes red from crying. The unspoken understanding between the sisters was palpable – they were both grappling with the same heartbreaking decision.

Their father's request was a plea for peace, for the comfort of knowing his final moments would be spent surrounded by the love of his daughters. And though it tore at their hearts, Jessica and Krystal knew they had to grant his wish.

With tears streaming down her face, Jessica nodded, her voice filled with a mixture of pain and resignation. "Okay, Dad. We'll honor your wish. We'll be here for you."

Krystal nodded in agreement, her voice trembling as she added, "We love you, Dad. We'll make the most of the time we have together."

***

Jessica sat alone in her room, her heart heavy with an overwhelming mix of guilt, sadness, and despair. The weight of her crumbling relationship with Taeng and the impending loss of her father suffocated her, leaving her feeling broken and lost. Tears streamed down her face, staining her cheeks as she allowed her emotions to consume her.

Suddenly, the sound of approaching footsteps reached Jessica's ears. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked up, surprised to see Taeng standing before her, a conflicted expression on his face. Her breath caught in , unsure of how to react. She had hurt him deeply, and she understood if he wanted to keep his distance.

To her surprise, Taeng's expression softened as he approached her cautiously. He could see the anguish in her eyes, the turmoil of emotions that engulfed her. Without a word, he sat down beside her, offering his silent support, despite the distance he created between them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter