Breaking The News

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breaking The News

Chapter 9

 

“Hyung!” A young man shouted right at brown haired man’s ear in front of him. He had called him gently for several times but he didn’t give response at all. The man was sitting on the chair, his body was leaning on the wall next to him with eyes closed. The young man wasn’t sure whether he was sleeping or not, but he had to be awake soon. They would perform soon.

“Yah! Dae-woong!” He finally opened his eyes and yelled back by reflex. “Why are you so loud?”

“You wouldn’t wake up,” the man called Dae-woong replied frankly. He was Yul’s bandmate. “Get ready, Hyung. We will perform in five minutes.”

Yul stretched his back and went to the restroom. It was that time of the week again, time to perform at the café along with his bandmates. Actually, Yul was always energetic to be here, able to let out his feeling through music, do something he loves to do. Today was just not like it.

Since four months ago, Yul could feel something was different. Jessica. She was somehow different. Their third anniversary date was basically failed. He had waited for three hours at the café but yet she hadn’t come. So after the café had closed, he thought he would wait outside, but his mother called and he needed to go back soon. He never knew if Sica came or not. He didn’t ask either. He would like it if Sica explained first, but she never did. So that day never came up into their conversation ever again.

That was not a big problem for Yul. Yul never complained about little things like that. He loved his girlfriend too much to bicker at something insignificant. Aside from it, what bothered his mind was her smile.

One thing that she really loved about Jessica Jung is her angelic smile. If her death glare could freeze someone, her smile was more than that, it could melt the whole north pole. Of course Yul was exaggerating but to his imagination, it was true. Her smile could brighten up his worst day into a hopeful one, turned his tired soul into a full spirit one, calmed his burning heart into a cool and rational mind.

Now it wasn’t like this. She could try to cover it. She was able to act like nothing happened in front of him. But she couldn’t keep pretending her smile. She was smiling, but her heart was not. Yul knew it. He noticed, although Sica was smiling to him, her eyes were never did. There was only a sorrow look, a tired soul inside her body.

Yul had tried to talk it up to her, but she always changed the topic. Or if he kept persisting she used the same reasons, work and work. But he knew it was not. It was more than just a work problem.

It happened again today. Before going to the café today Yul met Sica in his house. Sica would still pay a visit to his mother regularly between her busy schedules. It was time for Yul to go and Sica eventually drove him here. Like usual, Yul would bid goodbye before he left. There. He saw it, that sorrow look when she curved .

Yul washed his face with the fresh water. He looked at his reflection on the mirror. Yul asked himself whether he had done something wrong to her, or if he hurt her heart but he couldn’t find the answer. Sica didn’t give the answer either. That somehow stressed him. He couldn’t bear to see her struggle like that anymore.

He performed with his bandmates afterwards. They were playing some popular songs and Yul’s own composed song. They always saved their special song for the last performance. Frequent customers at the café loved them, proven by those familiar face who always came on this day at this particular hour. There is also times when some girls asked to take a photo with them. Although they were not famous, but Yul and his bandmates enjoyed their work there.

“That was our performance for today, thank you for your attention,” Yul closed their performance. Audience were applauding them, liking their performance. Yul took his guitar and walked down the stage.

“Yul!”

It was a familiar voice.

***

“I don’t know this café has good food,” Sunny said as she took a bite of her food.

“I’m a regular here before I went abroad. Just get a chance to bring you here,” Sooyoung replied.

“No wonder you look close with the old man.”

Sooyoung laughed. “Yeah, he is the owner too. Ahjussi gave me some inspiration about my recipes.”

“Did he?”

He nodded. “He was a good cook.”

“I can tell.” Sunny sipped her drink. “I like this song.” Sunny hummed the melody. How easily it got through her mind. The melody was so easy to listen and also addictive. “But I never hear it, have you?”

Sooyoung nodded. “I have.”

“Really? Whose song?”

“His, the vocalist,” Sooyoung pointed at the singer on the stage.

“Own composing?” Sunny looked interested. She put her attention on the performing band. “Raw but so appealing.”

“Yes. That’s also the reason I bring you here. I know you’ll be interested.”

“Nicely done, Soo. So nice,” she pinched his cheeks and grinned.

“Thank you, but not for the pinch.”

Sunny just let her unique laugh out. “Do you know him by any chance? Maybe I can talk about this song?”

“You’re really interested, aren’t you?”

“So much. I can waste an artwork, Soo. World has to hear it,” Sunny said with a lot of spirit.

“Alright alright. He is Yul, Sunny. My best friend,” Sooyoung smiled.

“Ahh. So this is Yul.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter