Bonding

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonding

Chapter 5

 

“Unnie!!” Jessica immediately welcomed by her sister as soon as she got home. She hugged her tightly.

Jessica hugged her back.

“I miss you, Unnie. Why are you home so late?” she whined.

Sica chuckled. “I’m sorry, my cute baby. I miss you too,” she smiled. Sica walked to her bedroom while Krystal was following her behind.

Sica put her bag and sat on the bed. She patted the space next to her. Krystal followed her.

“Did you go on a date with Yul oppa?” Krystal asked.

Sica nodded. “And why haven’t you gone to bed?” Sica asked back.

“I have some days off and want to spend it with you. But apparently you were too busy dating with your boyfriend,” she pouted.

Sica smiled. “Oww, I’m sorry, Soojung-ah. I also want to spend my day with you. Why don’t you tell me you’re back?”

“I planned to surprise you,” she grinned.

“Naughty girl,” Sica laughed. “Let’s go shopping tomorrow,” she suggested.

“Yes, Unnie!” Krystal replied enthusiastically.

“Hmm, how is your work, Soojung?”

“Promotion time just off this week. That’s why they give days off to us. But we will have new songs to learn next week.”

“Already?”

“Yes,” the younger woman smiled subtly.

“Don’t overwork your body, okay? Watch your health,” Sica looked at her sister worriedly.

“Don’t worry, unnie. I love my job too. I’m happy doing this. So no matter how tiring it is, I would never feel tired,” Krystal assured her sister.

“Okay, I trust you my little baby,” she smiled. “I will go shower first. You should go to sleep,” Sica stood up and headed to her wardrobe.

“I’ll wait for you, unnie. There are so many things I wanna tell you,” she insisted.

“Okay, don’t fall asleep then.”

“I won’t,” Krystal smiled and lay down on bed.

Sica went for a warm shower. But when she came out from the bathroom, she found her little sister had already asleep in her bed. She approached her.

“You must be really tired.” Sica looked at her sister’s face. She took the blanket and put it over her. She caressed her face tenderly.

“Sleep tight, Soojung-ah.”

Sica always treasured Krystal so much, she loved her sister more than herself. Krystal was the most precious thing her mother left to her in this world. Her mother died when Krystal was still too young and Sica had been taking care of her since then. That’s why they were really close although they had 5 years age difference.

It broke her heart a bit when she decided to join the training 6 years ago. It made her sister would rarely be home again in order to reach her dream as a singer. Also it meant her sister would soon leave the house if she was chosen to debut in a girl group. Every members of girl group needed to live in a dorm. It’s a well known fact. But she finally willingly let her go, because she didn’t want to be an obstacle to her little sister’s dream. Instead she became a great supporter of her little sister. And now she’s really proud of her. She had debuted in a girl group called f(x) and people’s reaction to them was really good. People were anticipating them.

“I’ll always take care of you, my little sister. Unnie loves you,” she kissed her cheek lightly and smiled.

***

Krystal and Sica had been going together since morning. They spent times together like sisters would have. They hadn’t spent a lot of time together lately. Krystal was busy promoting her group’s first mini album that really doing well in the market and Sica was busy on the latest fashion product’s launching.

They arrived home when it was already twilight, hands full with shop bags. They were laughing together when Krystal saw her father.

“Dad!” she ran and hugged him.

Mr. Jung chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Ow, my little daughter. Dad miss you so much.” He smiled.

“I miss you too, Dad. How are you? You weren’t home last night.”

“I’m sorry. That’s why Dad want to have a dinner out with you now.”

“Really?” her eyes sparkling. “Perfect. We haven’t had anything too.” Krystal turned around. “Unnie will come too, right?” she asked Sica.

Sica didn’t immediately answered. She didn’t want to be with him but it would disappoint her sister if she refused to go.

"Yes, you should join too, Sica," Mr. Jung smiled. HE. SMILED. AT. HER. That was sure a very rare scene for Jessica nowadays.

Sica awkwardly smiled. "Of course, Soojung-ah. I'll go."

***

"I'll miss you, unnie," Krystal hugged Sica. It was already time for her to go back. Her manager had come to fetch her.

Sica patted her back. "Me too, Soojung-ah. Take care, okay?" She pulled away.

"Don't worry unnie. Members always take care of me,” she convinced. "Promise me you'll come visit sometimes."

Sica nodded.

"Please take care of her, oppa," she said to manager oppa.

"Yes, Sica. Sorry, we have to leave now."

"Bye unnie," Krystal hugged her one last time and entered the car.

Sica waved and watched the car drove away.

After Krystal had gone, Sica went inside the house and headed to her room to throw herself lying on the bed. She closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind. But memory from early dinner couldn’t leave her mind.

She knew her father didn’t care about her anymore. It was okay for her to be ignored by him or if he was cold to her. She could accept it. But looking how warm and affectionate he was to Krystal at the dinner a while ago was hard for her. She couldn’t deny that some parts of her heart was jealous, wanting his attention too.

The woman finally decided to call her boyfriend and had a night walk together instead of sulking up alone in her bedroom at night thinking about her father.

***

It was a good night to walk out the town, enjoying the night scenery or may be going out on a date. Taeng took the first option. He hadn’t enjoyed the fresh night air near the river lately. The night wind breezed his hair away as he walked alone along the river bank.

He stopped at one side and looked at the flowing water in front of him. The clear water reflected the beauty of the night sky. The light of the moon and all stars alongside it was beautiful at that night for Taeng.

Click. Click.

The sound came as the shut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter