Approaching

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Approaching

Chapter 4

 

“Yes, come in.” Jessica said as she was busy sketching over the paper.

“Hey,” Taeng smiled at her.

Jessica looked once but then continued her work. “What are you doing here?” she asked coldly.

“Just wanna see you,” he said bluntly. Jessica snorted, clearly showing her displeasure. “Also want to take you out on lunch. We haven’t seen each other since last week dinner,” he added.

“I don’t expect to see you anyway,” Jessica said flatly.

“At least I want to,” he kept it cool.

She just rolled her eyes as a reply.

“I’ll wait until you finish your work.” Taeng sat at the sofa, lie down on it.

Jessica stopped her work and looked at him. “I’m busy and I don’t want to have lunch with you. So it’s better for you to leave.” Her face showed her annoyance towards him.

“You’re really cute I have to say.” Taeng chuckled at the sight. “But I said I would wait. So you can just ignore me until you finish your work.” He smiled again.

Jessica sighed and didn’t say anything further. She continued her sketch. He would go soon anyway, she thought.

It had passed an hour and Taeng hadn’t given any sign to leave soon. He was pleasingly observing the girl doing her work. For him, it was nice spending time here watching the girl he loves. He spent his last hour staring at the girl, smiling to himself and thanking god for this rare moment. But it was different for the opposite, it was so uncomfortable for Jessica. She finally put her pencil out of frustration.

“Can you stop looking at me, Kim Taeng-ssi? I don’t like it.” She glared at him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just can’t resist it,” he grinned. “But I don’t have anything to do so that’s the best thing to do here.”

“There is one better choice, Kim Taeng-ssi. You can leave this place now.”

“Just call me Taeng. I’ve told you so. And that’s harsh, Jessica. How can you say it to someone who already drive all the way here and waited for an hour?”

“I don’t care. I just want you to go now.” She tried to be calm.

“I don’t have a reason to,” he replied nonchalantly, making her sigh dejectedly.

“Don’t you have to work? How can a head manager leave the office so easily?”

“My project has done so I have a free day today.”

She sighed. “What do you want?”

“I just want a lunch, Jessica,” he smiled.

“I told you I’m bu---“

“That’s why I’m waiting right now,” he cut in. “I won’t leave until you finish your work,” he said firmly.

Oh god, she groaned at herself.

“Can’t you just go? It’s really hard for me to work right now.”

He thought for a while. “How about a dinner then? I will go if you agree,” he insisted.

Jessica didn’t like the idea but it was better than he disturbing her all day. She finally nodded.

“Okay,” Taeng said in joyful. “See you tonight, Jessica.”

***

 “Do you want something to drink? Some iced tea?” Sooyoung offered from the kitchen to Sunny who was visiting his apartment. The woman nodded and sat in the kitchen.

“Here it is,” he put the drink and took a seat across from her.

“Can I ask you something, Soo?”

“Anything you want. What is it?”

“It’s about your friend. We met her a couple days ago.”

“Jessica?”

“Yes.”

“Why? Are you jealous?” he .

She pinched him on arms. “Ouch,” he groaned.

“Is her family name Jung?”

“Yes. Her name is Jessica Jung,” he said as he rubbed his arm. “It’s hurt you know.”

“That’s for teasing me,” she stuck her tongue out. “Do you know her well?”

“Hmm, sort of. We’ve known each other long enough.”

“How is she?”

“She is nice but doesn’t really get along with someone she barely knows, but nonetheless she has always been kind to me. Why are you so curious about her anyway?” Sooyoung looked at his girlfriend.

“I have heard her somewhere. Just curious,” she grinned.

“It almost likely. Her family owns Jeguk Corp.”

“Jeguk Corp.?”

He nodded.

She remembered Taeng said she was the oldest daughter of his boss. You’re really high class, Taeng, chasing after the daughter of your company. “And how do you know her? Is she your high school or college friend? “

“Neither. My friend introduced her to me. She is his girlfriend.”

Her eyes widened at his word. It really shocked her. Jessica Jung has a boyfriend?

“Really?”

“Yup,” he nodded. “Her boyfriend was my high school friend. They’ve been together for 3 years now.”

Sunny didn’t know how to respond. The news would break Taeng’s heart and she didn’t like it. But what was she supposed to do? She also didn’t want Taeng went out with someone else’s girl. It wasn’t good for him.

“Sunny?”

“Ye—ss?” she stuttered.

“Anything wrong?”

“No,” she shook her head. “I just zoned out a bit,” she smiled.

“Do you want some pasta?” he went to the kitchen and took out some ingredients.

“Let’s cook together,” she suggested and approached him.

Whatever she would do later, she wanted to focus on present. Sooyoung had brought a fresh air into Sunny’s boring life.

The first time she met him in French, she never expected she would fall in love with him. He was so different to her. He’s always cheerful and very open compared to her who tend to be secretive, not that she didn’t want to share, but she liked to keep about herself. But he understood him in his own way, and his cheerful personality could take away all stress she got from her work as an executive music director. Sunny knew, her life complete, as long as she be with him.

***

Jessica was still working on her sketch that was disturbed before by unwanted guest when a delivery man brought some foods to her office. She really had no idea what is it, she didn’t order anything. But the delivery man insisted the address indeed her office and it had been paid anyway. She finally accepted it and put it on the table. It was when her phone rang.

One incoming message from unknown number.

Don’t miss your lunch. You need to eat so you can concentrate on your work. Good luck on your sketch. Fighting! J

Kim Taeng

She looked at the food for seconds but decided to ignore it and continued her work instead.

“I don’t ask him anyway,” Jessica reasoned and then paused when she realized something. “But how did he get my number?”

***

“Okay, thank you,” Taeng dismissed the waiter.

“I always like food here. Their salmon pasta tastes the best.” He looked at the girl sitting in front of him. Smile had never left his face since she agreed to go having a dinner together.

Jessica didn’t respond anything. She wasn’t interested and didn’t care at all. She only watched at the window boringly. At least, the restaurant gave a nice view, she thought.

“I used to eat here before I went abroad. I hope their food still taste the same.”

There was lack of response from the other person. Taeng knew she wasn’t in mood to talk any longer so he stopped talking instead. The next minutes was filled with silence until the waiter brought their orders.

“So how’s your work? Have you done the sketch?” Taeng started the conversation again.

Jessica ignored him again.

But Taeng didn’t give up. “How about your lunch? Did you like it, Sica?”

Jessica stopped her eating and stared at him. “Why do you call me like that?” Her voice was really cold.

“Don’t you like to be called like that?”

“Who says that?” Jessica didn’t stop staring at him. “And how did you get my number?” Her gaze just got fiercer.

Taeng smiled. “Sorry if I got it without your permission, but I have to find it by myself. Because you never answered me every time I asked,” he said truthfully.

“I should have seen it,” Jessica replied indifferently.

“It’s the only way I can get to know you better by now.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter