Chuseok

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow, it's been a very long hiatus. Sorry about that. This chapter is not too long, but Taengsic for all of you. Hope I can update again asap. :) Also, I made some changes in past chapters, but don't worry it won't affect the storyline, it's just some stupid mistakes I made XD

 

Chuseok

Chapter 29

 

 

“Here, Umma,” the brown haired woman handed a plate of rice cakes to the older woman.

“Thanks, Sica,” Mrs. Kim took the plate and put it on the table. She then continued preparing another foods on the table.

“What else can I help, Umma?”

She looked at the table for awhile before turning to Jessica. “Can you bring some soju here? It’s on the fridge.”

“Okay, Umma. We’ll be right back.” She walked away after getting a nod from her mother-in-law.

It was the night before Chuseok. Taeng and Jessica were visiting Taeng’s parent to celebrate the night there. The Kims were gathering there because Taeng’s father was the oldest in the family so he was hosting the celebration for the family. As the in law, Jessica was also invited.

Jessica was trying her best to offer any help as it was the first time she participated in Kim family’s big day. She went to the kitchen and took some soju as requested then put it on the tray.

“Need help?”

She met the short man on her way out from the kitchen. “It’s okay, I can handle it,” she smiled before she continued to walk.

“Let me help, I don’t have anything to do anyway.” The man quickly took the tray from her and gave a grin when Jessica looked at him.

“Thank you.”

Taeng smiled as a reply. “So, does Umma give you any trouble?”

Jessica chuckled. “Of course not, Taeng. Umma is very kind to me. I’m happy to help.”

“Just wanna make sure,” he grinned again.

Jessica chuckled and shook her head. “You are grinning too much for your age.”

“Smiling and laughing is good for health, you know,” Taeng laughed.

“Too much smiling and laughing is not good for your mental health,” bantered Jessica.

Taeng laughed again. “It’s not, if there is a good reason behind it,” he smiled while saying so which made the woman raised her eyebrow. “You are my reason,” he whispered, gave her a quick peck on cheek and walked away leaving the perplexed woman behind.

The gesture made Jessica’s heart pounded faster and stood glued on her place. Lately it had always been like that. Taeng loved to do small yet sweet things like that which eliciting reactions contrary to her consent. Just like what happened in the morning. She loved how he could ease her with his words and act of understanding. His childish side was adorable too. Her jaw was still a little bit hurt from all the laughing. And then things went out of her control. Her body reacted involuntarily.

It was nice of course and she was happy. She would be lying if she said otherwise. It just surprised her that everything went on so smooth with Taeng. Moreover in such a short amount of time. Nevertheless, it was already her decision to open her heart for Taeng so she chose to just enjoy every moment and followed her heart.

Jessica paced herself to catch up with her husband. “Hey,” She took some bottles of soju from the tray and helped him put it on the table.

“I thought you’ll be rooted there all day,” he teased as he also put the soju bottle on another table.

“It’s unfair. You’ve been stealing pecks from me all day,” she pouted.

Taeng put the last bottle and looked at the woman. He smiled before stealing another peck from her. Jessica was caught off guard and immediately pinched the man on arm after realizing what he had done.

“Taeng!” she hissed, not wanna make a scene around Taeng’s big family.

The man laughed and wrapped his arm around Jessica’s shoulder. “If you feel it’s so unfair, then you can steal pecks from me too. I don’t mind,” he grinned in the end.

“I…” the brunette’s cheek turned red. “That’s not what I mean.”

Taeng chuckled. “I’m suggesting nice solution, ain’t I?”

Jessica let herself go and faced the smiling man. “So much for your nice solution,” she pinched the man once again which got a quiet ‘auch’ from the latter. “Just don’t do it now.”

“Why? You don’t like it?” The smile on his face disappeared, replaced by a frown. “If you don’t like it, I’ll stop. I’m sorry. You must be feeling so bothered. Moreover we just start over weeks ago and it must be hard for you to adapt with everything. Sorry, I’m so insensitive. I didn’t think far away. I just thought it’s nice way to show you how much you mean to me and—“ He was saying it so fast, possibly only in one breath, but then was stopped midsentence by a quick peck on his lips. It made his mouth hung open and eyes widened after the kiss.

“It’s not like that, Taeng. I’m not bothered and thank you for the gesture,” she put one hand on his cheek. After not getting any answer from the surprised man, Jessica continued, “I only ask you to tone it down while we’re here. Your relatives are here.”

Taeng took the hand on his cheek and her other hand then holding it altogether. “Let them see it. Let them know that I love you. I’d even let the world knows,” said him straight into her eyes.

A smile spread on Jessica’s face. “I don’t know what to say right now.”

“I’m okay with a ‘thank you’,” the same smile appeared on the black haired man.

“Thank you.”

“My pleasure. So can I give you a kiss now?”

Jessica chuckled and shook her head.

“But why? I thought you’re okay with it.”

“Let’s don’t do it here. There are elders and children here. Let’s give them some privacy. Also I don’t want them to think that we’re like a teenager who can’t control our hormone. Okay?”

Taeng looked around and indeed there were his relatives everywhere, from elders to children. He sheepishly grinned. “Okay then. I’ll save it for later,” he winked and got another chuckle from the woman.

“Taeng, Sica.” Mrs. Kim approached them. “Are you done with the soju?”

“Yes, Umma. We’re done here,” answered her daughter-in-law.

“Let’s have dinner first then. Can you help call everyone?”

“Okay, Umma,” said them in unison.

The dinner went by and soon followed by adults talk and children playing. In between, one of the elder wanted to sing a folksong so Taeng offered to play guitar for them. Jessica didn’t know Taeng could play instrument and a little bit surprised. But by then, she was already used to get many surprises from the man.

She enjoyed the gathering. Kim family was nice, warm and welcoming. She also learned that Taeng was loved in his family despite he was only an adopted son. She could guess the reason though. The man knew how to captivate people’s heart with his sincerity and wittiness.

As the night got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter