Break Up

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Break Up

Chapter 10

 

“Let’s break up, Yul” Sica said as soon as she could. She didn’t want to delay it any longer or she would change her mind soon. She looked straight forward, not focusing on Yul, but tried to pretend it.

“Wh-what are you talking about, Sica? It’s not funny,” Yul tried to relax although his heart was beating so fast right there.

“Let’s end this relationship, Yul.”

Yul couldn’t see anything in her eyes. Was she serious or not, he couldn’t tell. It was empty. Even her voice sounded like a robot. No emotion. No feeling.

“It’s not funny, Sica. Stop joking. I have a good news for you.” Yul talked as relax as possible. He didn’t want his anxiousness taking over him.

“I’m serious.”

“SM bought my song, Sica. And they’re going to recruit me,” Yul said as enthusiastically as he could, but failed. At least he tried to be.

“Yul,” Sica now put her attention to him, her eyes stared at him.

But Yul didn’t bother her words. He kept telling her about the news he had been wanting to tell her since he was successful making the deal.

“Yul.”

“Yul.”

“Yul…”

“Yul……”

“Kwon Yul.”

“Kwon Yul…”

Although Sica had called his name several times, Yul still ignored her and continued his story about his new job.

“Kwon Yul! Listen to me!” Sica finally raised her voice. Fortunately the café was not crowded so only few heads looked at them.

Yul stopped. He shocked at her raising voice. He was trying to deny the reality. He asked himself what he did wrong that made Sica want to break up with him. He couldn’t understand. Honestly, he didn’t want to understand either.

“Please, Yul. Listen to me. I want a break.” She softened her voice.

“Okay, okay. A break. How long? A week? A month? A year? Huh? How long do you need?” Yul spoke so fast. He was panic.

Sica controlled her composure. She took a deep breath before speaking again. “No, Yul,” she shook her head. “It’s the end.”

Is this? Is this the end?

“So..so…” Yul gritted his teeth, fingers clasping at each other. “This is real?” His voice was almost cracking. He could feel blood was rushing through his vessels and his chest were pumping up and down quickly and continuously.

Sica only nodded weakly.

Yul looked at her hands on the table. He wanted to take her hands but before he could touch her, she had pulled her hands under the table. Yul heaved a sigh.

“But why Sica? I think we’re fine?” Yul looked at her girlfriend, or soon-to-be-ex, solemnly. But the latter wasn’t looking at him. She just looked down, staring at her own hands on her lap.

“I’m sorry, Yul… I know it’s so sudden and hard for you. But..” she looked hesitate. “But it’s the only thing I can do right now.”

“Sica..”

“Just let me go, Yul. Please.” Sica lifted her head. “Forget me. I’m really sorry.” She took her belongings and stood up, going to leave soon. But then she looked back at him. “Give my last regard to your mother. I do love her.” After said that, she walked away. The door’s bell can be heard jingling far from the seated man.

Yul was leaning weakly there expressionless. He couldn’t believe she left him like that. After all these years. After everything they went through together. Without reason or explanation.

His hands were supporting his now bowing head. Tears started to build up in his eyes. Hot tears on his eyelids. Nothing can stop the liquid from falling to his cheeks anymore. It poured down. An evidence of his sadness because of the breaking heart.

He was crying silently there when he saw someone stretched arm in front of him, with a handkerchief on the hand.

“Here.”

***

After leaving the café, Sica was picked up by a black car.

“Come in.” A deep voice said from the open window.

Sica exhaled deeply but still following his order. She sat on the back seat.

“How is it?” He asked coldly.

“It’s over.” Sica answered as cold as him. “Are you happy, now?”

The man didn’t answer.

Sica snorted and rolled her eyes. “Always ruin my life.”

“It’s for your own good. And him too.”

“Whatever. I don’t care whatever your reason is. Just don’t meddle in my life anymore.” Sica talked fiercely although now her heart was breaking into pieces. But her anger towards him was pilled up into a big hot ball that could blow up at any time soon.

She looked out the window. She didn’t want to talk about it any longer. What she had done just now was really hard for her. It breaks her heart to do so. Finally, finally, she had to say goodbye to her love. She had to end up her relationship with the one she really care. The person she depended herself on. The man she wanted to spend her life with. But now it was just a story merely. No more. No more love. No more Yul.

***

“Thank you,” Taeng said to the girl behind the cashier. He took two cups on the wooden table carefully. He watched the steam from the hot beverages swirl in solemn motions. As the steam was drifting away from the coffee, so was his mind. His foots were taking step by step but his mind wasn’t completely in focus.

The conversation from yesterday was still so vivid in his mind. It was only guilt there. All he could feel was guilt.

***

Taeng could feel the tensing atmosphere inside the room a second he opened the door. One was standing with a furious expression on the face and the other person was sitting on the sofa calmly. There wasn’t any trace of annoyance or guilt or any other emotions on the latter’s face. He turned his head when he heard the sound of opening door.

“Ah, Taeng. I’ve been waiting for you.”

Taeng nodded and sit across him.

“Can you sit too, Sica?” Mr. Jung said to the woman next to Taeng. She was still standing there, probably was controlling her uprising breath.

“Sica…” Taeng took her hand and led her to sit. Thankfully she complied and took a sit. He looked at still angry Sica. He had never saw her like that, not even on her worst scolding at him. It’s already scary to look at her. He didn’t understand how the old man could act so calm in front of her.

“What do you want to tell me, Sir?” Taeng turned his head back at his boss, or the father of the girl he couldn’t define their relationship yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter