Fallen Pieces

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fallen Pieces

Chapter 24

 

There was only silence, like it used to be. Just Taeng there, walking slowly between the grass. It made him remember about more than ten years ago, when he came to this place for the first time. Deserted and quiet.

He stopped when he saw the familiar tombstone. Although the place was so dead, but it was different around the stone. There was grass growing neatly around it. No weed interrupted. Not even a trash. There was none of it. Not at all. Also the tombstone was already different from the first one. It had been changed into a more beautiful and strong stone, the marmer. Also, it was surrounded by flower arrangements, made it look more beautiful.

He kneeled and put a hand bouquet in front of it. A white rose that he bought on his way there. "Here I bring your favorite flower for you again today."

Taeng slowly sat next to the grave. He cleaned up the last resting place of the person who meant so much for him. The person who made him who he was today.

"How are you today? I hope you're okay," he smiled. "I know you'll be okay, because he is right beside you now, isn't he?"

Taeng looked at the blue sky above him. "You know, I really miss you. They say I have everything right now, but is it really like it? It would be much better if you're next to me right now," he sighed.

"I know it was impossible for you to be here, but can you give me strength again for this time?" He smiled sadly.

"You said I have to be courageous and kind. I’ve tried to do it so far. But it seems like I can never be courageous in front of her," he stopped looking at the sky and dropped his head low.

"I love her so much. And sadly, she doesn't feel the same way. Yet I'm still lingering around her. I am such a fool, ain't I?"

A tear dropped down, rolling on his cheek. He really missed her. And he really needed her this time. To hold her tight and unite all of his broken pieces. To give him strength for any possible outcomes that laid ahead of him. To face his future, the future of the life of his love.

“Umma…did I make the right decision?”

***

Taeng parked his car in front of a house, not so small, not so big, just like an ordinary houses in the busy city. He stepped out of the car and rang the bell.

After the third bell, the door was opened. It revealed a middle-aged woman, wearing her apron.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kwon.” Taeng greeted politely.

“Good morning,” she tilted her head, asking for his name.

“Oh, I’m sorry. It’s Kim Taeng,” he smiled.

“Ah good morning, Kim Taeng-ssi. May I help you?” said her.

“I’m here to see your son, Kwon Yul-ssi. Can I meet him?”

After waiting inside, Taeng finally could meet the man that had captivated his wife’s heart. In a more proper way this time. Their two encounters before weren’t exactly a good time to know each other. And this time, Taeng would want to make everything clear. About they three. They were heading to the nearest café and decided to have their talk there.

“What do you want from me?” Yul asked defensively.

“Relax, Kwon Yul-ssi. I’m here to talk.” Taeng answered lightly. He had prepared himself for this meeting with his ‘rival’. Looking at the man right there with a calm expression wasn’t easy for Taeng. He really wanted to punch him or at least yell at him for whatever he had done with his wife. But Taeng know it better that fighting wouldn’t solve anything. And he didn’t like it either. So he came with a prepared heart. Trying to control his emotion as much as possible and appear calm in front of Kwon Yul.

“A talk?” Yul didn’t let down her defense yet. He couldn’t believe the man would just want a talk that easy.

“Yes, Yul-ssi. Just a talk. Between two men.” Taeng controlled his emotion really good. He was undeterred.

Yul observed the short man’s expression. There was no sign of bad intention at all. “Hemm, if you said so. Okay then. And you can drop the formality.”

Taeng nodded.

“What do you want to talk about then?” Yul asked.

“It’s about Sica.”

Yul didn’t surprise to hear that. It was already expected anyway. What else would make the man come all the way to his house.

Yul cleared his throat. “If it’s about the last week, then I’m sorry. I---“ he was cut in.

“No. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“So?”

Taeng took a deep breath before facing Yul. “Do you really love her?”

“Huh?” Yul was shocked by the question. Why would he want to know that?

“Just answer me, Kwon Yul. I need to know. Do you really love her or not?” Taeng asked again with so much determination in his eyes.

“Of course I love her.”

Taeng looked at the tanned man. He tried to find sincerity in his eyes, whether he really told the truth.

“If you really love her, then I’m willing to let go,” Taeng tried to say it as calm as possible, although inside it broke his heart to say it.

“What? Are you crazy?”

“Well, maybe I’m crazy. I’m crazy enough to love her.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. But I can’t do that right now. Her father won’t take the news easily. It will worsen his condition.”

“When then?”

“After his condition gets better.”

“And you sure about this?” Yul asked again.

“If it’s for her happiness then I’m willing to let her go.”

“For her happiness, huh?”

“Yes.”

“Then why are you staying in the first place?”

“She asked me to stay. So I stay.”

“She did that?”

Taeng nodded. “She was so desperate after breaking up with you at that time.”

“Oh gosh.”

“So Kwon Yul,” Taeng called. “Will you promise me to take care of her?”

“Wait,” Yul said.

“What else?”

“Do you love her?”

“More than I love myself.”

“Are you sure you’re willing to let go your love?”

“I will do anything to ensure her happiness, Kwon Yul. Even if it means letting her go.”

Yul thought for a while.

“What if we leave the decision to her? After all it must be her decision to choose us.” Yul suggested.

“Leave it to her? Does it really matter?”

“It does. It is her life. She needs a chance to choose too.”

“If you say so.”

“And I don’t want her to be mine just because you give up her to me.”

“Alright then.”

“I’ll talk to her.”

“We’ll wait her decision then.”

“Yeah.”

***

"Will you divorce him?"

It struck Sica like a lightning bolt. She could hardly believe it, that Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter