The Brokenhearted

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Brokenhearted

Chapter 11

 

 “Here.” An arm was stretched in front of the man with a handkerchief on the hand.

The man slowly lifted up his head and looked at the person before taking the square fabric.

“How can you be here?” Yul asked through his sniffing.

“Just passing by this café and wanted to try the food but eventually saw you’re crying alone here.” The blonde woman answered nonchalantly.

“Sorry.”

Hyoyeon only sshed and waved her hand. “Not a big problem.”

Yul smiled bitterly.

“Is it Sica?” Hyoyeon finally asked. If Yul was crying, it could only be two reasons, his mother or his girlfriend. She suspected it to be the last choice.

“We’re breaking up.”

Hyoyeon gasped at the news. She didn’t expect Sica to finally give in to her father, neither this fast.

“I’m sorry, Yul,” Hyoyeon said apologetically.

“…”

“I’ll try to talk to her. Maybe I can do something.” Hyoyeon offered.

But Yul shook his head weakly. “Thanks, Hyo but I don’t think it will change anything.”

“At least you should try something, Yul. Did she tell you her reason?”

“No. She left me just like that,” he said bitterly.

“Don’t you want to know the reason?”

“I don’t know,” he said weakly. “I was probably too boring for her. Or too clingy? I don’t know. She once said that I was too predictable. Well, maybe those are the reasons why she can so easily end our relationship.”

“No, Yul. How could she break up with her boyfriend for years only because you’re predictable? It’s nonsense. I swear it’s not like that,” said the blonde woman.

“Do you know something?”

But the woman shook her head regretfully. “She never tells me the details. But if I knew, I shouldn’t tell you either. It’s her job. Or your job to find out from her by yourself.”

“So, you won’t tell me?”

“I’m afraid so, Yul,” Hyoyeon said gently.

Yul took a few minutes to think before asking another question. “Should I ask her?”

“Which one do you prefer? Being sad without knowing in uncertainty? Or finding the reason?”

***

After his conversation with Hyoyeon, Yul tried calling but his calls were rejected or ignored. His messages never got the reply. As every minute passed, his sinking feeling grew worse. His heart ached.

By sunset, he couldn’t take it anymore and was planning to go to her house to meet her but realized that he couldn’t. He would never can touch the house. He was forbidden there.

Feeling desperate, he painfully dragged himself home for the night. He decided to try meeting her again the next day. He went to her office in hope to meet her. He stayed there from morning until night but there was no sign of Sica.

He came again the next day and the day after that. He also tried to visit the usual river but Sica was nowhere to be found and his calls and messages were never answered.

The last drop finally came on the fourth day after nearly neglecting everything in his search of the woman, he went to her house. Upon arriving at the gate, the security had forbidden him to enter.

“Yah, let me go. I have something to talk to her,” Yul tried to escape from the big guys.

“We’re warned not to let you in,” one of the security said.

“Why?!! I’m not a criminal. Just let me in!!” He shouted at them.

“We’re sorry. But you can’t enter whatever your reason is.”

Yul felt helpless. He tried to run through the security guys but it was useless too. They even threatened to call the police if he didn’t want to go soon.

From afar, there was someone watching from a white sedan. After lot of considerations, she finally stepped on the throttle and stopped in front of the big house. She opened the window on passenger seat.

Yul noticed the upcoming light from the car and shocked at her sudden appearance.

“Come in,” Sica said.

“What are you doing there?” She asked after Yul got inside the car.

“I want to meet you. Why don’t you answer my calls?” Yul asked back.

“I was busy,” she lied, halfly. She was busy in fact, or to be exact, trying to make herself busy. Her job can ease her pain from being apart from him. At least she didn’t have to deal with her heartache for the entire day. So she did everything she could find, even the slightest things that usually done by her assistants. But actually it wasn’t the main reason she ignored him.

She could not face him. He would be demanding for her reason, when in fact the only reason she had would only hurt him even more. She could not tell him.

When she saw him in front of her house, she knew she couldn’t avoid him anymore before he did something crazy that could hurt himself.

Sica stopped her car on the road side.

“What do you want to know?” Sica asked.

“Your reason, Sica.”

“Is it important?”

Yul looked with disbelief on her. “You asked me to let you go without explaining anything. Do you think I can do it? Do you think I will do it?”

Sica nodded.

“Wh—what?!” he shouted in disbelief.

“I beg you, Yul. Please,” her voice was shivering now. “It’s not easy for me too. But I have to. For your--.”

“Don’t say it. Don’t say like you know what is the best for me!!” Yul exploded.

“I’m doing what is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter