Drunk

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drunk

Chapter 18

 

Yul wake up to a delicious smell. He jumped from his bed and went to the kitchen. He felt really pump up. Something that he hadn’t felt for months. He kissed his mother’s cheek who was preparing the breakfast.

“Good morning, umma.”

“Wow. Wow. What’s wrong with you, Yul?” Her mother startled at the kiss.

Yul grinned that made his mother chuckled. “Here, eat your breakfast.”

“Yes, umma.” He was ready to ‘attack’ his breakfast when his hand was slapped by Mrs. Kwon.

He made an ‘ouch’ sound.

“What do I tell you about washing your hand before eat?!” She scolded her.

Yul grinned and ran before he got scolded again.

“I’m clean,” he said after washing his hand.

“You look different today.” Mrs. Kwon smiled.

“I’m hungry, umma.”

“And more lively too, Yul.”

“Isn’t it good?”

Mrs. Kwon chuckled. “Of course, Yul. Of course. Umma miss this version of you.” She patted his shoulder.

Yul smiled. He too.

“Umma,” he called.

“Yes?”

“Can you move your control session schedule to the afternoon?”

“Why Yul? If you’re busy, then I can go home alone.”

“No, umma. Don’t ever dare to do that again. I will go with you,” he said strictly. “So can you move it, please? I have something to do between your schedules,” he softened this time.

Mrs. Kwon looked at her son. “Do you have work? I noticed you’ve been home late 2 times already this week.”

“Err…I just have something to do, umma.”

“Do you see someone new then?” she asked skeptically.

“No, umma. No. It’s not like that,” Yul laughed nervously.

“Oh, really? Is anything happened then?”

“Nothing happened, umma. Don’t worry. I swear nothing happened,” he smiled to convince her.

“Okay, I’ll ask the hospital. But promise me you won’t do something crazy,” Mrs. Kwon said. She looked at her son caringly.

“Thank you, umma. I promise.”

“Oh Yul,” Mrs. Jung called her son again.

“Yes umma?”

“Can you drive me first before you go to work?”

Yul tilted his head. “Where, umma?”

“To mujigae home.”

“Isn’t that a foster home?” Yul asked.

His mother nodded. “I don’t have anything to do and I’m getting bored. So I want to lend some of my energy to help the unfortunate kids.”

Yul stared at his mother for a while before wrapped her in a big hug. “I love you, umma,” he said with a slightly hoarse voice.

“Hey hey, don’t worry. Umma will be okay.” Mrs. Jung the back of his son.

“I know, umma. I’m just really proud and happy to have a mother like you,” Yul let go his mother and smiled sincerely to her.

Mrs. Jung smiled back in reply. “So can you?”

“Of course, umma,” Yul’s smile was getting louder. “I’ll go shower then.” He stole a peck on her cheek before ran to his room.

Mrs. Kwon only shook her head looking at her silly son.

***

A black van stopped in front of a big building and a girl stepped out from the car. Yoona got inside the building and went ahead to the music room. She would do practicing for her new song project with Yul’s team.

Arriving at the room, she was welcomed by the composer and his team. She smiled and greeted them one by one before heading to her place so they could start the warm up first. Yul and the other musicians prepared themselves on their respective places.

“Ready, everyone?”

The others nodded in response to Yul’s question.

“Okay, one, two, three.”

The music played after Yul’s cue.

After getting warm up, they continued to practice Yoona’s new song. Yoona was ready with the lyrics on the stand and headphones on the head.

“On my count, one, two, three.” Yul pointed at the keyboardist to start the song. He flicked his fingers to count the rhythm before giving cue on the vocalist. He mouthed ‘get in’ to her.

Yoona herself had anticipated the upcoming verse and started to sing out the lyrics she had studied over with the right tones.

“Okay. Once again.”

Yul said after they finished singing for the first time. With the cue from Yul, Yoona and others started the song again.

After satisfied with the practice and having a little bit rest, Yul and Yoona proceeded to the recording room. There, they were welcomed by Kim Jaewon again.

“Yul, Yoona!! My favorite hoobaes.”

The older man greeted both of them with a hug.

“Have you prepared everything, hyung?”

“Of course,” Jaewon nodded. “Everything is already set. You can get inside.” He gestured at the young woman.

Yoona nodded and got inside.

“How is she doing, Yul?” asked Jaewon.

“She is doing well, hyung. I hope the result will be good,” answered Yul with a hint of hope and belief.

“I believe she can do it.”

“I hope so,” Yul smiled as he put the headphones.

“Yoona, can you hear me?” Jaewon called from the microphone.

“Yes, oppa,” answered her.

“Okay. Can we start?”

Yoona nodded and got ready in her place.

The recording took two hours until they decided to have a lunch first. They went to the café not far from SM building.

 

 

“How is she now?”

Yoona was telling about her dog named Mona she had in her childhood.

“She is already old now, about 12 years old.”

“Oh right.”

“I wish I can see her again, maybe after all the recording.”

“Yeah, you should take a rest, Yoona. You’ve been working too hard,” said Yul before taking a bite of his lunch.

The young girl chuckled hearing that. “I’ve heard it a lot, oppa.” She paused after realizing what she said. “Umm, can I call you oppa?” she asked cautiously.

“Of course. You can call me anything,” said Yul while flashing a smile.

“That’s a relief,” replied Yoona with a chuckle.

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter