Witnessing

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Witnessing

Chapter 19

 

“Well done.” A man behind the glass gave thumbs up and waited at his chair.

Yul responded with a smile and removed the earphone from his head before quitting the recording room. He headed to the man on the seat. The man looked satisfied with the recording result and welcomed Yul with smile.

“How is it, hyung?” Yul sat on the chair next to his hyung.

“Awesome, Yul. Honestly, it’s beyond my expectation.”

“Ah you must be joking, hyung,” said Yul as he punched the older man’s arm playfully.

Kim Jaewon laughed at his hoobae. “I’m not kidding, Yul. The outcome is amazing.”

“Really, hyung?” Yul could hardly believe it. It was his first own recording. Of course, he had done recording before, but it was only for demo song. This one was different. It was for his own song. He sang it and it would be released under his name.

After recording some demo songs for other artists, it was lead to interest from the directors to hear Yul sang his own song. They decided to touch up his sing ability a bit before allowing him to get a full access to sing his very first OST song.

“Yes. You never fail to amaze me, Yul.” He patted the younger man shoulder. “It’s really nice working with you.”

“Me too, hyung. You’re my favorite sunbae.” Yul grinned that resulted in laughter from the producer.

“Are you trying to up on me?”

Yul immediately waved his hands rejectingly. “Of course not, hyung. I’m sincere. You know. I’ve been really unsociable in the past, but you always understand me. I’m thankful and sorry too for that.”

“Aah. That’s true. You’re really a jerk, Yul.”

“Hyung….” Yul was shocked at the remark but Jaewon immediately laughed after seeing Yul’s reaction.

“Just kidding, Yul. Your attitude is not a big problem for me. But I don’t know how about your other co-workers.” He shrugged.

“I think they’re kinda get pissed by me.”

“You should apologize then.”

“Yeah, I know, hyung. Sorry for making a lot of problems,” Yul showed a sad smile.

“No, no. Who said you make a lot of problems. Instead, you bring a new refreshing melody to this company, Yul. Everyone knows that.”

“Why are you always exaggerating, hyung?”

“Why are you never believing in me, Yul?”

They both stared at each other before burst into laughter not long after.

“But I’m serious, Yul. If no one ever complained about your cold attitude, then the only reason is your talent.” Jaewon looked serious again.

“I’m not that great, hyung,” Yul said shyly.

“You’re great, Yul. Even amazing. Just look at your last five composed songs. I know those aren’t the single songs, but they’re doing well in market. That means people like your songs, Yul. Not to mention all of us here too. Even some singers have stated about wanting to work with you. If you’re not a great musician, I don’t know anymore what it is.”

“Thanks, hyung.”

“Very welcome, Yul,” Jaewon side-hugged the taller man. “So tell me why are you changing now? Is anything happened? You look warmer and brighter nowadays. Not that I don’t like it, I like it instead. I’m just curious.”

Yul laughed. “Nothing particular, hyung. I just find my happiness back,” he smiled.

“Wow. Who is this lucky girl?”

“My soul mate,” Yul answered confidently.

“Alright, alright. If you don’t want to tell her identity, it’s okay.” Jaewon moved away from his hoobae. “I hope you two long last,” he patted Yul’s shoulder for the last time before focused back on the song in front of him. “Now let’s hear your recording together.” He handed the earphone to the man next to him.

“Okay.”

Yul took the earphone and put it on his head. The voice of him started to play. It somehow sent a goose bumps to him. He couldn’t believe that it was indeed his voice. He would release his own songs. That was beyond amazing for Yul. He had never imagined to be able to experience it. Being a composer itself was already awesome, and now he would be a singer too, even more under a big company like SM Entertainment.

He felt really happy. Happy to have his love back. Happy to get one step closer to his dream.

***

He looked through the documents on his hand. He skimmed through it fast and closed it after only two minutes checking on the file given by his subordinate. He looked at the man in suite with his unreadable expression.

“When did these happen?”

“The first one is from last Wednesday. Second one is last Saturday. And the last is today, Sir.”

On the first photo was shown a man and a woman in front of a car. They were really close, the man’s hand was pinned the woman to the car. The second one was a man in hotel uniform was helped another man walked through the hotel lobby. There was a woman following behind them. And the last one shown a couple was walking on the amusement park with a wide smile plastered on both of their face.

He massaged his own temple as he was listening to the explanation. “Okay then.”

The man in suite looked hesitate. “Should I do something, Sir?”

“No. Just make sure she is safe.” He answered.

“Alright, Sir.” The suited man bowed before gesturing himself to leave the room.

He laid back again on the bed and stared at the white ceiling. A bundle of thought already invaded his mind, dominated by the bad things happened in the past. He closed his eyes slowly and trying to sleep without realizing a warm tears had already escaped from his eyes.

***

“Hey Soonkyu, finally you’re here.”

“Yah, Kim Taeng! Do you want to die?!” Sunny yelled at the person in front of her. He immediately burst into laughter.

“Stop laughing you midget!”

“Don’t call me like that!” He stopped from his laugh for a while and shouted back at his best friend before laughed again.

“You call for it,” Sunny said while crossing her arms.

“Alright alright. Miss Sunny. I surrender.” Taeng put his hands in the air.

“Good boy.” Sunny patted Taeng’s head.

“Ssuhh, what are you doing?” Taeng shoved away Sunny’s hand. “You think I’m a dog?” Taeng looked sharp at the shorter woman that just grinned away.

“Cute puppy,” the woman merong-ed at him.

“As long as I’m cute then,” he laughed. “Why are you taking so long? I’ve been fossilized waiting for you here.”

“Hah.” She jeered at him. “It’s not even that long, Taeng.”

“I’m boring you know.”

“Okay, okay. Sorry for that. I have to handle one of my artist first.”

“My busy buddy.”

“Look at who’s talking,” Sunny pinched his arms that got a loud “ouch” from the victim. “You’re harder to find than a needle in a pile of straws.”

“But I’m here for you, right?” Taeng smiled with a smug face.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Sunny laughed her unique laughter. “Let’s go, Taeng. I’m already hungry.”

“Yes, ma’am. Let’s go!”

Taeng and Sunny drove to their usual Japanese restaurant not far from Sunny’s working place. They hardly met again after Taeng married to Sica. He was busy managing a lot of matter as his preparation to become the next CEO. Mostly after working he would head straight home and wait for his wife who her whereabout was always unknown.

On the other hand, Sunny had been busier too. It was the busiest time in the year for music industry so there were a lot of things to handle by Sunny. So meeting each other was practically a rare thing for both of them.

“I really miss having sushi with you, Taeng. Let me count. It’s already six years since the last time we eat here.” Sunny said as they both headed to the restaurant. It was on the 6th floor so they were going to use the lift.

“Yeah. It’s been a long time.” Taeng said as they entered the lift.

“Good that you’re back to Korea, Taeng.”

“I feel much happier in Korea to be honest. I’m kinda lonely out there in other’s country. It’s hard to find a friend like you there.”

Sunny laughed. “Oww Kim Taeng,” she nudged the man. “I’m one of a kind you know. There is only one me. It’s impossible to find another me.”

Taeng joined the laugh. “I can’t deny that. Glad to have a best friend like you.”

“Aww Taeng, why are you so sweet now?” Sunny already attacked Taeng on cheek.

“Yah, Sunny! Don’t touch me,” Taeng jerked away.

“So shy,” Sunny laughed again but soon stopped when she heard her phone rang at the time the lift had dinged. They both exited the cubicle as Sunny looked at the the caller’s ID.

“Ah sorry, Taeng. Can you go first? I have something to handle first,” Sunny said with an apologetic face.

“Okay, I’ll wait inside then,” Taeng smiled and patted the woman’s shoulder before heading to the restaurant.

Sunny answered the call and went to one of the alley. She sometimes nodded and sometimes massaged her own chin while walking back and forth in that empty alley. As a director in a large company like SM, Sunny had to handle a lot of things, not just in her working hours, but also in her free time.

 “Okay. Okay. Let’s talk about it again in the office, Minsuk-ssi. I’m meeting friend, now.” She finally said after a couple of arguments with the person on the other line.

Sunny didn’t think about it any longer. She had been used with this kind of situation and she came here to relax with her best friend so no need to think about her job for now. She walked to the restaurant and tried to find the short man.

She was expecting him to sit next to the window because it had always been his favorite place but to her surprise, she saw him standing still not far from the receptionist table.

“Taeng?” Sunny immediately approached the man after he was caught in her sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter