Reunion

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys!!! I'm back. Sorry again for very long hiatus. I don't even realize it's been so long since I last write. I'm a bit anxious posting this up. Hope it won't let you down. Anyway, enjoy!!

Reunion

Chapter 30

 

Kwon family house had been busy since the morning. Mrs. Kwon and Yul held a memorial service in honor of their ancestors. They represented some foods –freshly harvested rice, alcohol and songpyeon or rice cakes– and prayed for them. After that the mother and the son sat down together around the table to enjoy delicious food prepared by the woman. It had been only two of them during the Charye for the past years since Mr. Kwon died but they’d still do it anyway.

Later that morning, they went to visit the ancestral graves. They did the tradition, removing the weeds that have grown around the graves in the summer season. Yul did most of the job because he didn’t want to make his mother tired. After make sure everything had been cleared, Yul and her mother paid some respects to the ancestors.

There were a lot of other families who also did this Beolcho and Seongmyo tradition during Chuseok. The ancestral graves were so crowded with them who wanted to fulfill their familial duties. And in that sea of people, it was not uncommon to meet people you knew.

Yul and his mother just finished around eleven and decided to rest a bit there before going back home. When they were heading to the resting area, the woman saw some familiar faces and immediately approached them. Yul was startled by the sudden change of direction from his mother. He got even more surprised when he realized who his mother was approaching.

“Yul, come here. Why are you just standing there?”

With heavy steps, the man reluctantly dragged himself towards his mother direction. He immediately welcomed by a warm greeting from the older man. “Long time no see, Yul. It’s great to see you again.”

“Nice to meet you too, Ahjussi.” Although he said so, his face didn’t show a bright expression like it was supposed to be. Instead it was tense. Mainly due to the man standing next to Mr. Choi.

It was his long friend. The man who had been by his side through thick and thin and also the man he had a fight with a few months ago.

After that moment, he always felt guilty thinking about his friend. He realized his act that day was ruthless and emotionally-driven. It was all his fault for not listening the words from his friend but knocking him down instead. He should have think clearer. Yet he was so blinded with his love -or like Sooyoung said, obsession- towards Jessica.

The guilty man actually wanted to apologize to his friend, but he was too ashamed of what he did. Now that the chance was present itself, Yul should have done it before the damage was too big to be mended. After all, he loved his best friend and he didn’t want to lose him because of what happened.

“Can we talk?” Yul finally uttered. Much to Yul’s relief, the tall man nodded and walked away from the parents. The shorter man followed him behind.

“I’m sorry,” Yul didn’t waste any more time to tell it to the man in front of him. He knew it had to be done and the soon he let it out, the soon the burden on his shoulder would get lifted. “I know I’m a jerk. Sorry for punching you and mad at you.”

“Yes, you’re a real jerk. Good you know that.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. And before you said I’ve told you so, yes you’re right. I was so blinded.”

Sooyoung looked at the dejected man and immediately grabbed his shoulder. “Yah you stupid jerk! I wish you’re getting smarter sooner. Of course you’re forgiven. And I’m sorry for what happened to you and Sica.”

“Thanks, Soo. I’m really sorry though.”

“It’s okay, bro.”

Yul pulled his best friend into a bro hug to convey his gratitude feeling. His mouth curved a smile and his brown orb eyes got teary but he held it. After what he did, Sooyoung still kindly accepted him back. He was really blessed to have such a great friend.

Sooyoung patted the back of the tanned man. “I’m happy you’re back, Yul.” On his face was shown a smile mirrored the one on the other man’s face. They maybe not talked it directly, but in their heart they knew they loved each other.

“So how are you doing these days?” Sooyoung asked after they had let go of each other.

“I’m fine. My work keeps my mind away.” Yul walked to the nearest bench. “Mostly.”

“It will pass. Don’t worry.” Sooyoung took a seat next to him and patted him on the shoulder. He knew it must be still hard for him even though he said he was fine. He knew how much the man loved his ex-girlfriend and their situation wasn’t exactly nice when they were apart either. “You can always call me or come to my place if you need a friend.”

“Yeah, Soo. Thanks.” Yuri smiled.

“Anyway, I’ve heard your song. It’s daebak, Yul. As expected of Kwon Yul. I was getting teary when I heard it for the first time.”

Yul laughed. “You’re always exaggerating, but still, thank you.”

“I’m not. I’ve known how much you’ve dreamed of this. To have your own song. I’m so happy for you, you know.”

“You’re right. It’s hard to believe.”

“Yet you did it, Yul. You did it.”

***

After driving his mother home, Yul went back to SM. He preferred to busy himself with work than let his mind wander to one certain person. There were some songs he need to refine too. Being a perfect self, he couldn’t feel relief if his work hasn’t finished perfectly.

He was working on one of the song when a knocked on the door was heard followed by a familiar voice. “Oppa? Are you here?”

“Yoona? Why are you here?” asked Yul after he let the girl inside.

“I was stopping by and I heard you came,” she said casually before handing out the album on her hand. “I want to give you this. I’ve promised you.” A bright smile shown on her beautiful face.

“Thank you, Yoona. You don’t have to do this actually.”

“It’s okay, Oppa. I’ve promised and I’m happy to give you this. You’ve helped me a lot with this album.”

“It’s my job,” Yul smiled. “Besides, you’ve worked hard for it too. You do a great job on this album.”

“Thank you, Oppa.”

Yul looked at the album and opened it, scanning the photo album inside. “You look pretty too here. This nature concept really suits you.” He didn’t notice the blush on the singer’s cheeks because of his compliment.

“Aah…thank you, Oppa,” Yoona chuckled. “It’s also a fun time when I shot it. The place is so beautiful. I wish I could go back there again someday.” The girl continued talking about her times in New Zealand. She was so happy talking about it with Yul and didn’t realize it was already her time to go that her manager had to call her.

“I’m sorry, Oppa,” she said as soon as she got into the car.

“What are you doing though?”

“Ah. I gave my album to Yul Oppa.”

“And?”

“And?”

“There must be something else, doesn’t it?”

“We were just talking.”

The man looked at the artist from the rear mirror and raised his brows.

“About my photo-shoot.”

“That’s it.”

“Yeah, you know how excited I could be,” Yoona laughed groggily.

“It’s not the first time you’ve been like this.”

Truthfully, Yoona knew it too. She was too comfortable with the presence of the older man and she didn’t want to part with him soon either. She like to be there with him. Talking to him, listening to his witty reply or seeing his smile.

“I promise I won’t do it again.”

The manager looked skeptically at the singer. “What’s your relationship with him, Yoona?”

“We’re just colleagues, dongsaeng oppa.”

The manager still didn’t look away.

“Really, Oppa. You have to believe me. There’s nothing more between me and him.”

He sighed. “You have to be careful, Yoona. You know how this entertainment world works.”

“Yeah, Oppa. I know.” She looked outside the window. “I’ll be more careful.”

Yoona liked her career. She had been dreaming of being a singer since she was little. Singing brought her joy. She wanted to share the happiness to others through her songs. She liked it. But being under the spotlight wasn’t easy at all. She had to meet up everyone’s expectation even on her worst days or else a lot of bad and malicious comments would be spread. And the fear of her private life was exposed to public grew tremendously year by year. Living in a spotlight meant to have so little privacy. She hated this.

All these years, she had been so cautious not to do anything reckless that could ruin her career. Yet this time was different. She just wanted to meet him, to talk with him, to see him. Was it too much to ask? Couldn’t she do all of these freely?

She sighed, already knew the answer. It was always the same: she couldn’t.

She knew it was safe as long as they remained as dongsa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter