Old Friend

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Old Friend

Chapter 3

 

“Let her in,” Taeng said to his secretary from the receiver.

A short girl in a neat and well-made suit came in. She had her blonde hair cut short and a fair skin. Taeng approached the shorter girl and hugged her. “Finally I see you again, Soonkyu.”

The girl let go the hug and hit him on the shoulder. “Yah, don’t call me like that. I’m Sunny. S-U-N-N-Y!” she protested.

Taeng laughed. “Okay okay, Sunny bunny.” He went to sit on the couch, the latter followed behind.

“I can’t believe you, Kim Taeng. How could you not tell me you’re already in Seoul? I wouldn’t know anything if I didn’t hear about your promotion.”

“Sorry. There are a lot of things to handle here,” he grinned innocently. “I will buy you a dinner.” He smiled.

“Alright. You owe me a dinner then.” Sunny leaned on the couch and looked around the room. The room was located on the 9th floor at main tower of Jeguk Corp. and it faced the center of Seoul city. It was organized neatly and there were some pictures hanging on the wall, mainly were Taeng’s photograph.

“Are you still doing photography?”

“Yes. Can’t let go my old hobby after all. Anyway, do you remember about what I told you last year, about that beautiful girl I met at the park?”

“Hmm,” she tried to remember. “That one you captured with crying child?”

“Yes, she is.”

“Oh. Yes, I remember. Why?”

“I met her last night.” He grinned like a child.

“Really?” Her eyes widened in surprises. “Wow, that’s really a surprise, Taeng. Is she a Korean?”

He nodded. “As far as I know, yes. And we also had a dinner,” he smiled.

“That’s fast, Taeng. I don’t know you’re such an aggressive and quick gentleman,” she chuckled.

“I don’t know either,” Taeng laughed at her words. “And the most surprising part is she is the oldest daughter of this company owner.”

“Unbelievable. You surprised me a lot in one moment Kim Taeng,” she laughed.

“I can’t quite believe it myself actually.”

“Is she nice?” Sunny voiced her curiosity. She already knew that this girl was beautiful from what Taeng had told her also the photo he showed before, so it was important to know whether she was good for him or not. After all, she really cared about him. She had known him since they were in high school and they had gone a lot for their friendship to last this long. She understood him really well, also about his love life.

Taeng didn’t have a lot of relationship before, he only had one girlfriend when he was in university. They were happy and didn’t have much conflicts in their relationship. But they decided to break up in the end. They just knew they had their own pathway so the relationship just end like that. And Taeng hadn’t have any girl he interested in after that except this girl he saw at the park a year ago.

“Of course she is. And although she is a little bit quiet but once she speaks, her voice really knocks off,” Taeng reminisced about last night dinner. Although he didn’t get a good treatment from her, but he believed the woman had a good heart inside. The last night behavior must have its own reason. Unfriendly treatment aside, he felt really happy to finally meet her and had the chance to introduce himself to her. It was one of the great, if it wasn’t the best, night for him after a long time.

“It’s good then. And what is her name anyway?”

“Jessica. Jessica Jung.” His lips curved upward upon saying the name. And for the first time in his life, he knew it. He knew, that he was in love with that person, Jessica Jung.

***

“He is so annoying, Hyo. He didn’t stop bothering me all the time,” Jessica complained at Hyoyeon. They had been busy lately and hadn’t have time to catch up on each other, so she decided to just have a dinner with Hyoyeon first. They were talking about Jessica’s last week dinner.

“Did he? I think he is a nice guy,” Hyoyeon replied.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “That’s all people say.”

“He’s our prime minister’s son, right? Did you meet Mr. Kim?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Yes, I met him. His wife too.”

“Oh. What else about him? There must be a reason why your father chooses him.”

“He’s really my father’s type, Hyo. He is young, smart and polite. And his family has position. That’s all.”

“Is he handsome?”

“Huh? Do you like him?” she raised one of her eyebrows.

“What? I’m just asking. Don’t make such a ridiculous guess.” Hyoyeon laughed.

Jessica laughed too. “Not as handsome as Yul, of course.”

“Whipped girlfriend,” Hyoyeon shook her head.

Jessica only grinned at the remark. After last week dinner, she had promised to enjoy every chance she still had with Yul. She knew there wasn’t much time left for them.

"Jessica?"

Jessica turned her head upon hearing her name being called. "Oh, Sooyoung,” she smiled. “How have you been?" She asked the tall man.

"Good. And you?" The man approached her.

"Me too. And how many times I've told you to just call me Sica?" She threw a sharp glance at him.

He grinned. "Sorry, Sica."

"That's better. So what are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for my girlfriend," he smiled.

"Oh, do you want to join us?" Jessica offered.

"Is it okay?" He hesitated.

"Of course it is. Right, Hyo?" She asked for Hyoyeon's permission. The latter only nodded while sipping her juice.

"Okay then." He took a seat next to Jessica.

"Are you Sica's friend?" Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon. "I'm Choi Sooyoung," he offered his hand.

Hyoyeon shook it. "Yes. I'm Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon."

"Kim Hyoyeon? I think I've heard your name somewhere." He tried to remember.

Hyoyeon laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter