Foolish Love

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Foolish Love

Chapter 22

 

“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!”

Taeng hit the steer of his car several time out of frustration. He lost track of Sica’s white sedan after trying to follow her a couple kilometers. The woman unexpectedly could escape from Taeng’s tailing that now made Taeng really frustrated.

Taeng never liked to fight with anyone. Not to mention his beloved one. But it seemed that he was losing his control back then at home.

In front of Jessica Jung, Kim Taeng was only a mere man, not his usual perfect being seen by, mostly, everyone. His good looking face could not win the heart of hers. His smart brain didn’t impressed the already smart woman. His successful life was nothing compared to the wealth owned by Jung’s family. His status as the son of prime minister could neither give any effect on his love life, as love could not be forced even by the one who was in charge. Kim Taeng was imperfect in the eyes of Jessica Jung.

Yet, Taeng didn’t want to give up to win the heart of the cold woman.

At first.

But then, a reality hit him. He was actually going to marry someone else’s girlfriend. Sica herself said they already broke up, but deep down Taeng knew they were breaking up because of him.

Although, he loved the woman a lot, but nothing compared to the pain of seeing your love hurt because of yourself. He knew the pain so well. He didn’t need to experience it twice to understand how much the pain was. So he wanted to give up, he was willing to let go his love.

But then he was asked to stay, to be on her side, without any guarantee to be loved back.

Kim Taeng was a foolish human. A foolish man with a pure heart.

He decided to fulfill a very cruel and selfish wish of hers.

He was ready to shoulder the unbearable pain he would get once he tied the knot with the woman. He could let himself suffer, he would bear all the pain, solely for the happiness of the woman he loved. It was okay for him as long it could lessen the pain she felt.

So he stayed for her sake, on her request.

During their marriage, Taeng didn’t demand anything from her. He understood their marriage was far from the love foundation. So he knew his position.

He tried to understand every cold treatments given by his wife. He also didn’t stop to take care of her, despite the ignorance or rejection he got.

For the happiness of his love, he was constantly bearing the pain of bitter love.

But even so, he could never make Sica happy, genuinely happy.

Then the feeling of joy suddenly radiated from the woman one day. And the feeling kept up for quite sometimes. Taeng felt really grateful inside his heart. His wife could finally be happy again, despite any reason behind it.

Taeng thought he could bear everything. But witnessing his own wife with another man laughing happily and being so close with each other was really painful that he couldn’t bear anymore.

He escaped from the scene immediately because he knew he wouldn’t be able to control himself anymore if he was there any longer. He calmed himself overnight and didn’t come back to home. After he thought he had felt better, he decided to go home.

But he was wrong. He wasn’t ready yet. The pain he had borne all these times gradually filling up his heart and triggered the anger. As a result, he was fighting with Sica. And now, the latter ran away.

All night he spent to search the woman, but the result was null. His subordinates hadn’t told him anything either. So he decided to go home. Maybe she would be there.

But as expected, the house was empty.

Taeng could only hope his subordinates would find her immediately while waiting in worry. He really didn’t want anything happened to Sica. An angry person could do anything terrible. He hoped she would be alright.

***

“Hello?”

“I’ve found Mrs. Jung’s location, Sir.”

Taeng quickly stood up from the sofa. He had been waiting for this news all night. “Where is it?”

After hearing the location, Taeng didn’t wanna waste any time, ended the phone call and quickly sped up to the mentioned destination.

Around half past five he arrived at the hotel where Sica was staying. The hotel actually was under Jeguk Corp.’s management. He immediately went to the receptionist desk.

“Good morning, Sir. What can we do to help you?”

“Can you give me Mrs. Jung’s room number?” Taeng said matter-of-factly.

“Pardon me, Sir. But we can’t do that. It’s our guest’s privacy.”

Taeng heaved a sigh. That was right. It’s one of the hotel policy. But he couldn’t wait any longer. He pulled out his wallet and took his business card. With a silent motion, he gave it to the receptionist.

“Can I now get the room number?”

“Y...yes, Mr. Kim. I will get it for you immediately.” The receptionist was clearly shocked with the sudden appearance of her boss. She quickly searched for the wanted room number and gave it to Taeng.

“Here, Mr. Kim. Room 1804.”

“Thank you.”

Along the ride on the elevator to 18th floor, Taeng felt strange. His body was sweating, his throat was dried and the pit of his stomach didn’t feel well.

Ding.

He exited the cubicle and followed the sign that showed room 1804 was on the left side. The unpleasant feeling he had on the way up there didn’t completely lost, instead felt more terrible. He finally understood why when he the end of the corridor. His legs stopped from moving any further after his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter