I Don't Care

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey hey hello!! Thank you for the warm welcome :))

So here it is another chapter for you. Enjoy~

 

I Don't Care

Chapter 31

 

"Sica, your father-" Taeng was stopped by a pat on his shoulder. When he turned his head, he met an understanding look with a trace of sadness behind it. The son could only heaved a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Sica."

His heart broke a little hearing the deep voice of the older man. Seeing his father-in-law came here by himself already gave him a heart-wrenching feeling. Listening him asking for apologize with that heartbreaking voice only added the pang to his heart.

Jessica scoffed. “Sorry?” She stood up and yanked away her blanket harshly.

He had known about her reputation. The ice princess. They said it was because of her frigid expression, some stated that her radiating cold aura was the reason, other argued about her hard-to-approach demeanor. Taeng must said it was for a different reason. When she shot a daggering glare towards you, you would be left frozen at place, like every inches of your body was wrapped inside her icy-cold aura and little pieces of icicle pierces through you. And that was exactly what happened right there.

“After all this time? You think sorry is enough?”

It must either because the father had an undeterred heart to talk with her daughter or he had been so used with his daughter’s cold stare, that he could replied with unwavering voice, yet so soft.

“Sooyeon-ah.”

Taeng decided it was both.

“Don’t call me like that!” Jessica shouted at the top of her lungs. Her face had turned red, with bulging veins on her temple. Her breath became rush after the outburst.

It was the first time Taeng heard the Korean name. She preferred to be called ‘Sica’ or at least ‘Jessica’ instead of her Korean name. His father-in-law himself told him at the beginning of their relationship. He first suspected it might be because the usual ‘old fashioned’ reason. Mr. Jung laughed at him hearing it. He later told it was rather a sentimental reason. Her English name was given by her late mother so she treasured it a lot. Mr. Jung loved to use her Korean name instead, but since their relationship wasn’t exactly in the best term after what happened, Jessica came to dislike it.

Mr. Jung took a cautious step towards his daughter, only to see her daughter scooted farther from him.

“Sooyeon-ah, just listen to me this once.”

It made Jessica laughed, a little bit maniacal.

“Listen, you say?” She jeered.

“Sooyeon-ah.” He took another step. Only this time, instead of going away from him, Jessica made her way out of the bed and stood challenging the taller man.

“What do you think I’ve been doing all this time, then? What is it other than listen to you? You make me leaving the love of my life, for what? For your ambition and greed!” By each words, her eyes got bigger, her voice got colder, her face got redder, and her bulging veins got more intense.

“I listen to you. I did what you want. What else do you want me to listen right now?” Her eyes set right at her father. Anger and pain was reflected on that pair of brown eyes.

There was a momentary silence hung around and it made the tense atmosphere only became thicker, second by second. “I’m sorry,” was all that Mr.Jung could finally say.

The anger wasn’t extinguished, it only burnt more extensive. “Stop with this bull. I don’t want to hear any more nonsense. I hate you!” With that last one shout, Jessica stomped her way outside and ended with loud bang of the poor wooden door.

***

Taeng shook his head weakly. “She is gone.”

After the commotion, Taeng immediately ran to catch up with his wife. Too bad, his shout was ignored and damn his short leg, the woman – who claimed to never run – was actually a fast runner and already left the house. He wanted to go after her but decided against it as his father-in-law was left alone after the fight. He didn’t want anything bad happen as the old man already in vulnerable state.

The taller man, sitting on Jessica’s bed with a tired look, heaved a heavy sigh hearing the news from his son-in-law.

“Sorry for her outburst, Dad.”

Taeng took a seat beside the older man. He was frustrated. Fight like this was not supposed to happen if he could do better in talking with Jessica about the issue, if only he could persuade her better. His father-in-law was too sick to handle this kind of commotion. He promised to him to take care of his daughter, but it seemed he already failed. Now, the said daughter was out there at night, mad and all. Also her words during the outburst still lingered in his ears, ringing like a bee buzz. He grimaced thinking about it. The love of my life, huh? He knew he shouldn’t think too much about it, but it still hurts to hear that kind of confession.

“It’s okay, Taeng. It’s not your fault.” He patted the younger man's shoulder gently. “I raised her, not you. I’m the one to blame.”

“Dad…” Taeng felt the warm water was threatening to escape, but he held it hard. It would be embarrassing to cry in front of his father-in law, also he had to be tough right now. His father needed more support rather than concerned about his emotional feeling.

“Are you okay, though, Dad? Let’s go to your room first. You shouldn’t push yourself like this. You need to rest, Dad.”

Mr. Jung showed a subtle smile. It was a smile of gratitude. “I’m okay. Don’t worry about me, you should worry about your wife first. It’s already late.”

“But Dad—“

“Hush it.” He shook his head with disapproving look. “I know you want to go after her, but feel bad for this old man. Just go, Taeng. She needs you more than me. Call one of the housemaid and I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure, Dad?”

He nodded firmly. “Just go, Taeng. Don’t waste your time.”

“Thank you, Dad.” He hugged the older man quick and didn’t waste any more time. He grabbed two coats, called one of the maid to help the father and rushed towards his car, hoping to find his wife soon.

***

Taeng’s eyes were shifted between road and his phone repeatedly. He was trying to call Jessica over and over again, but it was always left unanswered, even after the 9th attempt. He tried to send her messages too, although the chance for it to be replied – or even be read – was near to none, but he still had to try at the very least.

It made Taeng felt kind of deja-vu. Not quite a good one. The last time he searched for Jessica, she was caught making out with another man.

He unconsciously clenched his fist.

No.

He shook his head firmly.

I have to trust her. She won't do something like that again. Just focus, Taeng. Focus. Where could she be?

He jerked involuntary when his call finally got answered.

“Sica! Where are you? I’m so worried. Thanks God you answer. Where are---“ His enthusiastic words got cut. Upon realizing the owner of the voice, Taeng immediately slumped on his seat.

“Taeng, she left her phone.”

What a night.

“Okay, Dad. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll hung up then.”

Taeng groaned. With this, the only resource he could use was his brain. He raked his brain of any places that his wife could be right now. He sighed tiredly, knowing it would be a long night for him.

***

Jessica didn't know what brought her here. It was the place she had been avoiding after all. She must had gone crazy. Maybe she was, because the thought of her father and every suffering he had inflicted in her life made her crazy. She was more positive that she was crazy because what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter