Arguing

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arguing

Chapter 20

 

Jung’s mansion was incredibly huge. Built on a lot sized no less than two hectares, it marvelously showed the owner’s taste of architecture and wide range of plants, secured safely inside the tall white fence. The main house was the biggest one on the land, stood firmly not far from the smaller one where the maids and workers stayed. In front could be seen a large fountain with a fish shaped statue, a garden full of flowers every now and then and a canopy for a fresh chattering around the garden. And a lot of other things that added the elegancy and luxury of the mansion.

But the big house was not a home anymore for her.

Ever since she left the house, which more like a golden cage to her at that time, Sica lost her feelings toward the place she lived and raised for about 18 years. In the past, Sica would always be embraced by a joyful welcome every time she came back home. She would feel happy, safe and comfortable inside it. There would be a longing to go back home if she was apart from it for more than a day.

Just not anymore.

Now she would only feel emptiness lingering her heart every time she stepped her foot onto it. Sometimes sadness or anger would creep in. Yet no happiness.

The silence was just the same. Emphasizing the emptiness inside the house even more.

Mr. Jung had long disappeared and never seen in the house anymore. Sica didn’t know where he was. She had no idea whether he left for good or it was only temporary. She didn’t get any information and also didn’t bother herself to find out. For her, it wasn’t strange to see him disappeared at one night and then came back again not long after.

On the other hand, Sica never experienced Taeng disappearing before. Today was the first time. Despite Sica’s cold manner, Taeng would never leave before telling her beforehand. But this morning Sica could not find him anywhere inside the house. Neither did the maids nor the guards. They said he wasn’t home last night.

Sica unknowingly smiled a bit when she arrived at home and saw the familiar figure sitting on his usual sofa. Even though she didn’t love him, but to find him nowhere in the house felt so strange and unfamiliar to her that she couldn’t help but feeling worry about the short man.

“You’re back,” Sica said as she walked closer to where he was sitting.

“I’m always back.”

Sica could notice a hint of bitterness behind his words.

“You didn’t last night.”

Taeng stayed quiet but shifting his gaze to lay upon the woman. Sica stopped on her path when she saw him staring. There was something different between those eyes. Sica couldn’t tell what but she was sure it wasn’t something pleasant.

Being under his stare was really uncomfortable for Sica. She closed her eyes and shook her head a bit to chase away the unpleasant feeling.

“You’re home early today.” Taeng said in his unreadable expression.

“I finished my work earlier.”

“Or there is no one asking you out.” Taeng said lightly but Sica could sense the sarcasm in it. “I’m not stupid, Sica. Where have you been all this time?” Taeng continued.

Sica furrowed her eyebrows. “What are you talking about?”

“What makes you always come home late?”

“It’s none of your business.” With a cold manner she answered.

“So you don’t want to tell me?”

It was more like a statement than a question.

“You don’t have to know,” answered her while crossing her arms.

“Tell me what I should know then.” Taeng didn’t stop his stare on Sica, even intensified it.

“You should care about yourself, not me.” Sica didn’t deter this time yet she looked back at Taeng who had stood up from his sofa.

“I have heard it so many times, Sica. You don’t have to tell me again.”

“You never do it even if I have told you for countless time.”

“I can care about anything. That’s my own right. You can’t tell me what to do.”

“Kim Taeng!!” Sica raised her voice.

“Stop telling me what to do, Sica! You don’t even want to answer my question.” Taeng said so while taking a step closer to Sica.

“Because it’s not your business, Taeng.”

“I’m your husband. I have the right to know.”

“It’s only above the paper. No more no less.” She said heartlessly. She didn’t bother to look at Taeng who had a change of expression on his face. It became somber.

“Still I’m your husband, Sica.”

“You don’t have to remind me about that.”

“Why? Is it bothering you that you’re actually bound to me, not someone else?” He took another step closer.

“Stop talking nonsense, Taeng!”

“I’m not talking nonsense. The last time I check you’re still my wife, Sica!” Taeng’s voice was raised for the first time on that night.

“So what? It’s only the status on black and white. It means nothing.”

“You said the vow yourself, Sica!! You said it, in front of me, in front of the priest, in front of everyone!!”

“It’s only an act, Kim Taeng! Don’t fool yourself. You know I never love you.”

“But I love you, Sica!” Another step.

“Stop it, Taeng! Stop it! You know it won’t change anything.” This time Sica walked a step back.

“Why?”

“I said stop it, Taeng. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” With the said, Sica lifted her foot again to walk away from Taeng.

“Is it because you still have that lingering feeling towards your ex?” The feeling of bitterness could be feel in every words.

“That’s none of your business.”

“So it’s true, right?”

“It’s not your business, Taeng. Don’t meddle in my life.”

“It’s my business to know why my own wife won’t love me back. And it’s exactly my business to know if my wife seeks another man behind my back.”

“Do that to your real wife.” Sica said coldly and then moving from where she stood before, heading to her room.

“Jessica!!” Taeng grabbed Sica’s wrist and stopped her from walking any further.

“I’m only your wife above the paper, Kim Taeng.” She twisted her own hand to break free from the man’s grip.

“Then you shouldn’t ask me to stay!” Taeng shouted out loud to the woman in front of him.

“I don’t really have a choice, okay?”

“But it’ll be better if I never stay. We don’t have to hurt each other like this.”

“So now you’re blaming me for asking you to stay?!”

“I’m not blaming you, Sica. Oh for god sake.”

Taeng massaged his own forehead. His mind had been so in disarray yet he still had to deal fighting with Sica.

“You start this fighting, Kim Taeng!”

“Don’t blame me for holding so long, Sica!”

“I never hold you back. You can do whatever you want.”

“I don’t want that. I care about you, Sica.”

Sica let out a sigh. “Enough! I don’t wanna talk about this anymore.”

“Sica,” he softened his voice.

“Enough Taeng, enough. I don’t want to talk anymore. Just leave me alone.”

“But Sica…I love you. I really do.”

Sica closed her own ears, preventing herself from hearing more. “I said enough!!” She shouted, panting hard to catch her breath. “I’m enough with all of this,” she said tiredly and then walked herself leaving the house heading for her car.

“Where are you going, Sica?” Taeng called her before she left the house.

“Don’t bother asking, Taeng. It’s not your business.” She said sharply without even looking back.

“Sica, wait! Sica!”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter