Trying

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trying

Chapter 26

 

"Have you heard the song?"

"Yeah. I've downloaded it."

"It's a good song, isn't it?"

"Yes. I even searched online for the lyrics. Do you know that the singer wrote it himself?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I heard he has written and composed some songs for SM artists too. You know, Jewel heart by f(x) is his work. I heard Im Yoona's upcoming song is written by him too."

"Wow. I love Jewel heart. It is a really good song. He is talented."

"I know right. But this one is his first own song."

"I hope he'll do well."

"Yeah."

The  two  people  then  started  talking  about  the  drama  that  featured  the  song.

Yoona smiled quietly to herself as she overheard the conversation, feeling proud of Yul. She took her drink from the counter and walked out from the cafe before anyone would notice her disguise.

"Let's go, oppa." She said to her manager as soon as she got in the car. They went straight to SM building for the last preparation of her newest album. She worked hard until night, making sure everything was perfect. By the time she finished, the clock already showed eight.

She was walking on the corridor when she heard a sound of the piano. Somehow the melody sounded familiar for her ears. She decided to follow the sound and went to the room where the melody came from. Apparently the sound came from the practice room and Yul was there, playing the piano, again.

Yoona decided to get in and greeted the man cheerfully. "Hi, Yul oppa."

The man stopped playing and looked at the upcoming girl. "Oh, Yoona." He smiled a bit.

Yoona felt grateful the man didn't look as bad as their last encounter. She walked approaching the man. "You played the song again."

"I quite love the melody."

"Told you so. It's a great one!" Yoona said with a lot of spirit and enthusiasm.

Yul smiled a bit again.

"I heard people talking about your new song on my way here," told Yoona without losing her spirit.

"Oh? The OST?"

"Yes. I'm very proud of you, oppa." Yoona formed a curve with her lips. A sincere and genuine one. Yul noticed how the young woman looked more beautiful when she smiled. No wonder she got a lot of fans.

"Thank you, Yoona. I can't believe to have a top twenty songs on my first go."

"You should hear yourself, oppa. Your song is really good. The lyric, the music, the emotion. It's perfect."

Yul chuckled. "Thank you then. I'm glad people liking it. How about your album preparation?"

"It's doing well. We'll release it next week."

"That's good." Yul smiled. "I'll definitely buy it."

"No way, oppa! I'll give you a signed one, of course. You're my favorite composer." Yoona immediately replied.

Yul chuckled. "Thanks." And just then a sound of growling was heard in the air.

Yoona grinned. "What is that, oppa?"

"What? I don't hear anything." Yul was a bit embarrassed but tried to act cool. He hadn't had anything since morning, thanks to the somber feeling he had inside. It was true he was willing to let Sica go. But still, letting go was hurt. Although he tried not to let the sadness and depression got himself carried away like the past, he still had it inside his heart. No matter how much he tried. And it ruined her eating mood too.

Yoona chuckled. "I hear it, oppa. It's obviously your stomach craving for food. You should eat, oppa."

"Nah, it's okay. I'm not hungry." Yul refused but his body didn't want to cooperate with him. His stomach growled again. Yoona laughed this time.

"Your stomach is calling for food. You really need to eat, oppa."

"I'm not in mood, Yoona."

Yoona tsk-ed. "Food can be a good consolation, oppa. Come on," Yoona started pulling Yul's arm. "Let's have dinner."

"Hey hey hey," Yul tried to freed himself but surprisingly Yoona's grip was really strong.

"At least accompany me to eat then. I haven't had dinner too." Yoona showed her sweet smile. "Come on." She pulled the man again.

"But, but..." Yul was lost in his words when the young woman already dragged him across the practice room, away from the piano.

"It will be my treat, oppa. Think of it as a celebration of your new OST." Yoona chirped cheerfully.

Yul could only heaved a defeated sigh and followed the young woman along. Maybe Yoona was right. Food might be a good consolation.

***

On the other part of Seoul, Jessica just finished attending a fashion show for the fall/winter season collection. She was heading to her car when her phone rang. She picked it up as she kept walking towards the white car of hers.

"Hello."

"Hi, Sica."

"Oh, Taeng." Jessica answered as she got inside the car. "What is it?"

"Are you still at work?" The man on the other line asked.

"I'm inside my car now. Ready to get home."

"Oh great. How if we have a dinner outside?"

"Hemm, okay. What do you want to eat?"

"Let's have some Korean foods. I want some spicy and hot dishes."

"Alright. I know where they serve the best." Jessica started the car as she replied so. She then mentioned the restaurant name and the location.

"Great. I'll be heading there now. See you soon, Sica." Taeng happily said.

"See you too."

Jessica ended the phone call and put the phone on the dashboard. Not forgetting to buckle her seatbelt, she then drove her car to the restaurant she mentioned earlier.

Jessica’s day was considerably good. She woke up again with a familiar delicious aroma hanging around the air of her bedroom. Taeng already prepared a breakfast for her.

They had breakfast together that morning after so many breakfast she had skipped before. It was a nice breakfast. The pancake, the orange juice and the light conversation shared throughout it was the main factor. Jessica also learned throughout the breakfast why Taeng liked to cook. She noticed how the man would like to cook by himself although the household actually had a cook hired. Later Taeng explained that he was used to do it after living alone in California for years. The habit died hard, he said.

The rest of her day was spent with work. There was nothing bothered her at work either. Everything ran smooth. Her co-workers and subordinates all worked well. The fashion show was nice. She got to meet some well-known fashion designers too, widening her connection even more.

Jessica hoped this dinner would wrapped up her day as a whole nice one.

She parked her car on the empty parking space and then picked up her phone to call Taeng. It was answered on the first tone.

"Have you arrived?" Jessica asked.

"Yes."

"Alright then, I'll be up in a minute."

"Okay."

Jessica ended the call and put her phone inside her bag. She slung it on her shoulder and got out from the car. As she went out, she was surprised to see the short man already there.

"Taeng?"

"Surprise!" Taeng cheerfully said as he smiled wide, showing up his dimple on the cheeks.

Jessica chuckled. "How can you be here?"

"My car is over there," he pointed the car across the parking space. "I can see your car is coming."

"Well, I guess that explains your magical appearance," Jessica let out another chuckle.

Taeng smiled. He was happy the woman could be more relax around him now. Also hearing that sound of chuckle of hers was great. He got a feeling that he would never be bored to hear that angelic voice.

"Let's go. My tummy is not patience anymore. It's been calling for food since forever." He rubbed his tummy while showing his grin.

Sica gave him a 'how old are you' look.

"I'm hungry," he shrugged before grinned again.

Jessica laughed. "I can't believe you're the CEO of Jeguk corp."

"Well, CEO needs food too." Taeng shrugged again before now bursting into laughter.

Jessica looked at the man in front of her as her lips curved upwards. She wouldn't believe it before that the man dressed in a neat blue suit which naturally looked calm and cool was actually a dork. Now after witnessing it herself, she could finally believe it.

They got inside the restaurant not long after. Jessica had visited the place so many times that the waiter immediately recognized her and guided her and Taeng to Jessica’s usual seat.

"He seems to know you," Taeng commented after the waiter had left.

"I've come to this restaurant so many times. I like their dishes." Jessica answered casually as she read through the menu.

"Yeah, they serve the best. I've been here too before, but obviously much less than you," he chuckled.

Jessica gave no response as her mind involuntarily replayed the many times she was here.

"Sica?" he called.

"Ah sorry," Jessica immediately shook her head to chase away the thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter