Chapter 6

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things get tense with Heechul and Leenah while on the Jeju trip.

I Know You Like Me:

Boundaries:


The next morning was delightfully warm and sunny, a nice change from the thunderstorm the night before. Everyone was dressed and ready, all deciding to eat breakfast outside since the weather was so nice. He wasn't sure why, but Heechul decided that it wouldn't be so bad if he sat next to Leenah. The ever so slight cool breeze that brushed her long dark hair back made her look kind of pretty. Taking his place in the seat next to her, he shooed away Kangin, Eunhyuk, Zhoumi, Henry, basically anyone who came up to talk to her. Ryeowook and Sungah had to be his favorite people so far. They didn't bother him or Leenah, therefore not taking her attention away, the two only focusing on each other.

So...He sat next to her. Why wasn't she saying anything? Did she not notice that it was him? Why wouldn't she look at him? Were they really back to that? That thing with her ignoring him? He thought they were past that. He remembered everything that happened the night before, not like it really mattered, but he at least thought she would continue acknowledging his existence. The night before, she had woken him up because of a nightmare she had, and because she was afraid of the loud thunder that actually caused a power outage until that very morning.

To comfort her, since it was the only thing he could do, he held her in his arms and sang her lullabies until they both fell asleep. The morning was sufficiently awkward because somehow while they were asleep they ended up spooning. He had actually woken up first, and he found that cuddling with her was actually kind of comfy. Unfortunately, once Leenah woke up, she immediately got out of the bed while Heechul pretended to still be asleep. She quickly got ready and left, just leaving him there alone. What if he really was still asleep? She didn't even bother trying to wake him! 

Heechul tried saying hi to her, but she didn't say it back. "Really? Are you going back to that? Just acting like I don't exist?"

"Just forget it, Heechul." Leenah replied, not looking at him.

"What did I do wrong? I help you, multiple times as a matter of fact, and this is the thanks I get?" Heechul grew upset. Why is she being so complicated? "I was actually starting to hate you a little less."

"Heechul, you and I both broke major boundaries last night, and it can never happen again. I'm in a relationship and you know that." Leenah finally turned her head and made eye contact with him.

"Oh relax, we didn't do anything that bad!" Heechul grew defensive. She was overreacting, right? "And of course I know that. Why do you think I keep trying to get these guys to stop talking to you all the time? I'm the one reminding everyone else, so you don't have remind me. So we slept in the same bed, so what? It's not a big deal."

"We were spooning Heechul! Spooning!" Leenah made sure she emphasized the word. "I know you like me, but there are many things that you just can't do, cuddling in bed together being one of those many things."

"Are you kidding? I don't like you!" Heechul made sure his face looked disgusted. Who was she to make such an assumption? He has s shoving that liking her thing down his throat on a daily, and now she's saying it? That just isn't okay because it's a flat out lie. "I could never like someone with a face like yours."

"You are such an ." Leenah smiled sarcastically. It was a smile that said 'I want to murder you in your sleep', which was completely okay considering the circumstances. 

"Leenah!" They both heard Ryeowook call. He and Sungah were sitting on a bench, but looked like they were finishing up and were going to go somewhere else. "Sungah and I are going to go by the water for a little while. Do you want to come with us? The others are going to catch up in a few minutes anyway."

"Sure, no problem!" Leenah grinned and quickly ran over to them. You've got to be kidding me.

"You guys aren't on my good side anymore!" Heechul pouted as they ran off, not even hearing him.

"It seemed like things were going so well. What happened?" Siwon spoke up, Heechul not even realizing he was sitting across from him. 

"She said spooning is evil and now she's off playing in salt water with Ryeowook and Sungah." Heechul replied, resting his chin into his hand, elbow propped up on the table.

"We just have to try harder that's all!" Leeteuk tried to keep the atmosphere positive. "How about this? When we go join them by the water, we'll get Heechul behind Leenah. Then I'll get in front of her, pretending I'm choking on seaweed to distract her. Then Siwon will get behind Heechul and push!"

"Okay, what part of that makes sense to you?" Siwon's jaw dropped a little. "There's one flaw in your plan."

"One flaw?" Heechul commented, but they weren't paying any mind to him.

"What if there's no seaweed in the water?" Siwon raised his eyebrows as if he was onto something.

"This is by far the absolute, most stupid conversation I've ever heard in my life." Heechul's jaw dropped from the amount of stupidity his brain was attempting to consume. "And stop trying to set us up together! You creeps!"

"Heechul, we have yet to discuss what you texted me last night, so watch your tone." Leeteuk pointed his finger at him.

"I didn't text you last night." Heechul grew confused.

"Don't act like you didn't do it." Leeteuk pulled out his phone as Siwon's face turned red from laughter.

"It's still funny." Siwon laughed, still thinking about it.

"Fine. Then what did I say that's apparently so funny?" Heechul sat up a bit straighter when Leeteuk handed him his cellphone. Siwon couldn't help but laugh harder when Heechul's eyes grew big. "That little! I could call her so many things right now! I hate you, Leenah Jung!"

Heechul stood to march over to where Leenah was messing around. Was that what she was laughing so hard about last night? She's gonna get it now!

"Leenah told us this morning that it was her who sent that text." Siwon laughed.

"I know, but at least they'll talk now." Leeteuk grinned, feeling smart.

"I thought you didn't want them to fight." Siwon took a bite of his food.

"At this point with them, I'll take what I can get." Leeteuk tucked his phone back into his pocket, the evil grin never leaving his face.

Heechul marched through the sand, getting even more angry when he lost his shoe and when he found it, it was of course filled with sand. When he looked for any sign of Leenah, he squinted his eyes and looked towards the water indeed seeing Leenah with some of the others, seeming like they were having fun. Kangin and Eunhyuk were with her, picking her up and ran around carrying her, then dunking her in the water. She showed off her body with her two piece bathing suit, which of course could not be appropriate, right? He thought quickly about why it was rational that he should care, concluding that there was no reason as to why he felt that way and decided to forget about it, he had to remember that he was angry with her once again.

"Hey, there's Heechul!" Ryeowook grinned, pointing at Heechul who was marching towards them through the sand.

"Get him!" Kangin shouted, him, Donghae, and Eunhyuk immediately chased after him.

"No, wait guys! Wait!" Heechul got scared and tried running away, only for him to soon get a face full of sand.

"Let's cool him off!" Kangin laughed, Donghae and Eunhyuk picking him up to drag him to the water, even though he was still fully clothed.

"Let me go, guys!" Heechul spit out sand that got into his mouth from when he fell. "Guys, I mean it!"

"Don't be such a baby!" Leenah laughed, grabbing Heechul's hand to pull him over, Donghae and Eunhyuk still having a good grip on him.

Heechul ended up screeching like a girl when the water touched him. "It's cold! It's cold!"

They were ruthless with him, just tossing him face first into the water that was like ice touching his skin on impact. They all thought it was funny, but oh were they all gonna get it now!

"You are all dead!" Heechul stood up, shaking his now wet hair like a dog before attempting to chase them, which failed because waves kept knocking him over. "Quit laughing!"

"Let's go swimming Heechul!" Donghae jumped onto Heechul, knocking him over once again, making a big splash.

"Get off of me!" Heechul tried pushing him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter