Part Seven

China Doll

If he could, Youngjae would want to stay in this field of light forever. The afternoon sky had quickly turned to the night before his eyes, and hundreds of fireflies lit up the sky as they danced around him in harmony.

The blades of grass were a fresh green as Youngjae lay above them with his hands behind his head, just watching the glowing green lights float around the night sky. It looked like a child’s dream world as daisies filled the field of light in multiple patterns.

Youngjae watched as Daehyun silently walked up next to him in this dream world before he lay down beside the younger. Youngjae turned his head to the side and stared at the elder in wonder. His eyes traced over Daehyun’s features, and he found himself reaching out to touch the other.

Just like a moth to a flame, Youngjae’s fingers gently traced Daehyun’s jawline as the elder’s eyelids began to flutter shut in contempt.

“I want to stay like this forever,” Youngjae whispered as Daehyun’s eyes slowly opened.

Daehyun’s eyes crinkled up as a small smile formed on his face, “we can, Youngjae. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be than here with you right now.”

“Can you repeat it to me?” Youngjae asked softly as he heard Daehyun let out a small chuckle.

“I love you, Youngjae,” Daehyun replied softly as he leaned in closer to Youngjae.

Youngjae’s eyes fluttered shut as he felt Daehyun’s soft lips on his own. Their lips melded together perfectly and slowly. Youngjae felt Daehyun caress his cheek with his thumb as he kissed him slowly and innocently.

“I love you too, Daehyun,” Youngjae whispered as he slowly pulled away and looked at the elder with a wary expression.

Youngjae soon found himself enveloped in nothing but darkness, with Daehyun reaching out for him before more words could be exchanged.

 

 

 

Youngjae instantly sat up in his bed, panting as if he had just run a marathon. He clutched his bed sheets tightly in his hand as he looked around his darkroom. It had been a dream, of course, but that dream had felt so real. He brought his fingers to his lips and traced them slowly with his index finger.

He wanted no needed to feel Daehyun’s lips against his own once more. Youngjae craved the feel of Daehyun, almost like he had become some drug to him.

Youngjae missed the feel of Daehyun’s warm and gentle hands brushing against his ever so lightly. Just the innocent of touches sent electric sparks through his entire body. He missed the way the elder’s eyes would crinkle up whenever he would smile. He missed that obnoxious laugh Daehyun would do when he found something amusing. He missed the way Daehyun’s eyes would light up when he saw food.

Those happy days with Daehyun were what Youngjae missed the most. He missed the days when he would chase the elder around the house and play wrestle with him. He missed the days when Daehyun would call him a pretty China doll and caress his face.

Youngjae desperately wanted Daehyun in every way that was possible.

 

 

As Youngjae’s vision came into focus in the darkroom, his eyes honed in on the figure that was casually leaned against his bedroom window. He should have been afraid of the intruder, but he wasn’t. Instead, his heart stopped beating as the figure moved closer towards him.

The figure reached out and grabbed Youngjae’s face and held on to it as he looked into his eyes.

“I’ve missed you, my China doll,” Daehyun whispered as he looked into Youngjae’s eyes.

“Daehyun,” Youngjae whispered as a tear rolled down his face.

“I’ve come back for you, and don’t you dare spout me this different world . My world is nothing without you in it, and I won’t let anyone have you.” Daehyun stated as he wiped away the tear with his thumb.

Youngjae smiled and nodded before lying back down in his bed and dragged Daehyun down with him, earning a shocked look from the elder.

Daehyun hovered above Youngjae as he stared at the younger beneath him.

“Take your shirt off,” Youngjae whispered as he blushed at his choice of words.

Daehyun chuckled as he straddled Youngjae and slowly ed his shirt. Not once did his eyes ever leave Youngjae’s as the moonlight from the window cascaded both of their bodies.

The Busan boy slowly slid his shirt off as Youngjae ran his slightly cold fingers over some of the scars Daehyun had on his chest.

“Your wounds have healed,” Youngjae mumbled softly as he continued to run his fingers over Daehyun’s stomach as if he was inspecting him.

Daehyun merely hummed in response before he gently grabbed Youngjae’s hand and held it on his chest where his heart was.

“Feel this? You’re the only one that makes my heart skip a beat. It’s always been you, my pretty China doll.” Daehyun murmured as he felt Youngjae gently clutch at his chest.

Youngjae smiled shyly before he pulled his hand away and scanned the elder’s face. Daehyun said nothing more as he lightly pressed his lips against Youngjae’s.

The younger boy loosely wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck and brought him in closer, earning a small smirk from Daehyun. This was what both of them had been craving for and would never get enough of.

“I will never leave your side ever again. I love you, Youngjae.” Daehyun whispered in Youngjae’s ear as he pulled away and watched the younger smile.

“I love you too, Daehyun,” Youngjae replied happily before a small yawn escaped him.

Youngjae bit his lip as he watched Daehyun roll over beside him and stare into his eyes.

“Sleep. I promise I’ll be here when you wake up, my China doll.” Daehyun whispered as he planted a gentle kiss on Youngjae’s forehead that sent sparks through both of them.

Daehyun watched as Youngjae fell asleep, snuggled up next to him. He wanted nothing more than to have this moment last forever, but he found himself frowning a little. His grip around Youngjae tightened a little as he hugged Youngjae closer to him. He didn’t want to lose Youngjae again, and he would do anything to make sure that wouldn’t happen.

Nothing lasts forever, though.


A/N: I would let them wait for the meeting again, but now I have other plans for where this story is headed. Unfortunately, this happy reunion won't last very long. Daehyun will go (excuse my language) bat- crazy, and you haven't seen what a fully possessive Dae looks like....yet. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks to those that have subscribed, commented, and voted up this story. Thank you!! ^_^