Part Six

China Doll

Dolls.

 

Dolls are obedient objects that can bend to one's will. They can move when someone commands them to, and they never disobey an order. A doll is the epitome of perfection, but there are those rare moments in life when a doll becomes defiant.

 

 

 

Daehyun stared at his reflection in the mirror as he adjusted his silky black tie. His hair was a sleek black color that was slightly wavy; he had on a solid black dress shirt with form-fitting black pants that enhanced his well-defined figure, and he wore black combat boots to give him that subtle edge he needed.

Over the course of two months, Daehyun was able to gain back most of the physical things he had lost. There was now a fire within those almond-shaped eyes as he growled at his reflection slightly before he turned away.

The young Busan male ran his fingers through his wavy hair in sheer frustration as the sound of clicking heels could be heard making their way into his room.

“He’s arrived, Daehyun. Don’t you want to see him?” Daehyun’s mother asked softly as she placed a gentle and loving hand on his shoulder.

“No. What purpose could he want with us? Why does he come here now and so suddenly?” Daehyun questioned as he quickly brushed away his mother’s loving touch.

“Will you at least meet him, please? I think it would be best if you did, but the decision is yours to make.” His mother stated sadly before she walked off.

Daehyun just shook his head as he heard the clicking of heels disappear in the far distance. When his parents told him the news, he couldn’t believe it. He refused to believe it, and he let out a long sigh before he walked out of the room and into the living room to meet the one person he now feared and dreaded the most.

 

 

 

The resemblance between the two was uncanny, to say the least. The two could easily pass off as twins if there weren’t an between the two. There was no mistaking that the two were indeed brothers by blood.

The black-haired male standing beside Daehyun’s parents looked at him with a wary expression. He shared the same nose, the same lips, the same eyes, and even the same jawline.

A slight shiver ran down Daehyun’s spine as he caught the other male looking at him with slight concern.

“Daehyun, this is Yoo Youngwon, Youngjae’s older brother.” His mother stated in a saddened voice.

At that moment, time seemed to stop as Daehyun stared at the elder with hatred burning in his eyes. How dare the elder come into his home and look at him with those same kind eyes that Youngjae used to look at him with.

“What do you want?” Daehyun sneered as the words from his mouth, came out like venom from a conniving snake.

“I came to see my brother, Youngjae, but after speaking to your parents, I now realize that is not possible,” Youngwon spoke in a voice that matched Youngjae’s only a bit colder.

“How did you find us?” Daehyun questioned as his gaze hardened.

“I spoke to the orphanage, and they told me where I could find him,” Youngwon replied.

“Daehyun, I think you two should speak alone.” His father stated as he led his wife up the stairs.

“What do you really want?” Daehyun questioned in hatred.

“I wanted to see Youngjae. After we were separated from each other, I tried my hardest to find him again, but I wasn’t successful. I just wanted us to be close again like we used to be. Is he really gone?” Youngwon asked in a saddened voice.

“Jung Youngjae died three years ago in a car accident. He was and still is my brother, and you have no right to ask to see him after you’ve been out of his life for so long.” Daehyun firmly replied as he clenched his hand into a fist.

“It’s not like I wanted to be out of his life. I had no choice when we were forced to be sent to different orphanages. I just wanted him back in my life again, and I know I’ve been absent in his life over these past years, but I want to change that. I know he’s your brother too, and I was hoping that maybe he could be a brother to both of us.”

“No. Even if I let you see him do you honestly think he would remember you? I was the one who was always there for him. I was the one who always looked out for him. I was the one who always took care of him. You may be his brother by blood, but you left him. You could have found a way to be with him again, but you didn’t. As I see it, this conversation is now over, and I think it would be best if you leave before I have you thrown out.”

“Fine, I’ll leave then but answer this one question for me…is Youngjae still alive?” Youngwon questioned through pleading eyes.

Daehyun just sighed and rubbed his temples as he looked at the elder and spoke in the quietest of voices, “yes.”

No more words were exchanged between the two as Daehyun watched Youngwon walk out of his home with slow footsteps.

Daehyun knew he had stepped out of line, but he didn’t care. Nobody would dare try to take someone so precious away from him regardless if they were related or not. Call him possessive or crazy, but he just wanted to keep his brother and only love safe from harm.

Daehyun knew first-hand just how cruel and dark the world can be. A precious and sacred doll-like Youngjae had no place in this world surrounded by corruption and greed. He wanted his doll to stay pure and innocent for as long as he possibly could.

If Daehyun could, he would lock away his precious China doll for all of eternity to keep him safe from the sickening lustful eyes that preyed on him.

He had heard Youngjae’s words loud and clear in the hospital that day, and he knew the younger was right. Youngjae and Daehyun had come from different worlds, but that didn’t mean that their worlds couldn’t meet on common ground. It would be a risk, but if it meant getting his China doll back with him, then he would risk everything.

All Daehyun wanted was to have Youngjae safe and sound in his arms as he whispered sweet nothings in the younger's ear. He knew he was selfish, but he wanted nothing more than all of Youngjae’s love, and he didn’t want the younger's love to be given away to anyone else.

Daehyun would fight for Youngjae’s love, and he would do anything to have all of his love no matter the cost.


A/N: Youngjae's brother makes an appearance. Things are about to get a lot more interesting now. Wonder what Daehyun is going to do now? Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. Also, hello there, silent readers. *waves* Thanks for the support!! ^_^