Refresh

China Doll

Sweet but sour.

 

 

 

 

 

The hooded figure held a lighter tightly in his hand as a small ball of flame erupted from it. His long fingers danced delicately above the flame as he let out a small laugh.

Daehyun observed the other’s movements, figuring out who he was and why he was here.

“You’re curious about me, aren’t you?” The hooded figure whispered to Daehyun as he slowly placed the lighter back in his pocket.

“And what happens if I say yes?” Daehyun challenged.

“Then you get into my world. Are you sure you’re ready for that?” The figure questioned in amusement.

“All I want is to find Youngjae. If you can bring us together again, then I’ll play along with whatever game it is you’re going on about.”

“Who says this is a game, Daehyun? This is real life, and I can promise you that you might not like what it has to offer.”

“What are you going on about? Do you know where he is?” Daehyun questioned harshly.

“I do, but if I tell you, then what’s in it for me?” The other said mockingly.

“Whatever you want,” Daehyun replied as he stared at the other through sharp eyes.

“Now that’s the answer I was looking for.” The other chuckled as he moved his hands towards his hood.

The figure slowly removed his hood, revealing a man about Daehyun’s age with faded blue-green hair and a confident smirk on his face.

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Suga, and I work for your parents.” The male said casually as if he had rehearsed it a thousand times.

“What do you mean you work for my parents?” Daehyun seethed as he began to ball up his fists.

“It’s exactly what I said. Your parents hired me to find you since you recently cut ties with them. I run their underground operations. It’s a nasty business, but someone has to do it.” Suga replied in a sickeningly, sweet voice.

“Tell me everything you know right now, including where Youngjae is, or I swear I’ll kill you.” Daehyun hissed.

“Kill me? Wouldn’t that be a luxury? I’ve been asking to die for years now, and it still hasn’t happened yet. Besides, you don’t have the guts to kill me. Even if you did, I don’t think Youngjae would like you so much if he knew all your dirty little secrets. I happen to know all of your secrets, Daehyun.” Suga laughed hard as he watched Daehyun’s face for the expression he wanted to see so badly. Guilt.

“Tell me then. Please.” Daehyun pleaded with the other.

“So this is what it looks like? Interesting.” Suga mumbled to himself as he rubbed his chin in thought.

“Where’s Youngjae?!” Daehyun shouted out in anger to the other.

“Oh. Him? Youngjae is in the underground slave trade. I own him.” Suga stated in humor.

The air hit Daehyun hard like a ton of bricks as he found himself digging his nails into the palms of his hands, causing blood to trickle down.

Daehyun would protect Youngjae even if it killed him, and maybe for once, he should be the bad guy if it meant protecting the only person he truly loved and cared for. No more mister nice Jung.

A sickening sweet smirk formed on Daehyun’s face as he gripped Suga’s face in his hand. He pressed his nails into the other’s cheeks as tiny crimson beads began to form, and he smeared the liquid across his victim’s face.

“Now then, Suga, you’re going to tell me exactly where Youngjae is, and you will tell me now. I don’t have time for games, and I’m not exactly a patient person.” Daehyun whispered in the other’s ear as he scraped his crimson-colored nails down the male’s throat and dug in.

A gasp of air could be heard as the male gripped Daehyun’s arms and pleaded with him through watery eyes.

Daehyun sighed as he released his grip on Suga and let his hands fall to his sides again.

“For someone who wants to die, it kind of looks like you’re not ready to die just yet. Now I’m going to ask you one more time. Where is Youngjae?”

Nobody can help you now.


A/N: Hello!!! I know it's been quite some time since I last wrote anything but a whole lot has happened since then. I won't bore anyone with all the details, but they were all good things. This is just a short chapter to introduce a new character here. Daehyun is going to be slightly crazier in this story, if that's even possible. I'm still trying to get back into my writing again, so I apologize if things seem a bit off at first. I want to thank all of you that have subscribed, upvoted, and commented on this story. I appreciate the love. Comments are always welcome here, and feel free to message me as well. See you all again here soon!! ^_^