Part Eleven

China Doll

When Youngjae slowly opened his eyes, he was greeted by an unfamiliar room. The entire room was coated in a rich black with a large crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling's center.

The walls matched the night sky's tone, and the ceiling was painted the darkest shade of grey to give off a more Gothic feel to the room. A black marble fireplace had been lit and on top of it sat five crystal wine glasses with only one of them filled with a clear liquid. A tall crystal candle stand sat beside the fireplace with five candles, but only one of them had been lit.

Youngjae slowly rose from the black velvet luxe loveseat he was lying on in front of the fireplace and took in the sight of the room. A thick blanket made of black fur was carefully draped over the back of the loveseat as Youngjae ran his fingers over the item.

This entire room reeked of overly priced merchandise and delicate useless items that were mere decorations. Youngjae was once a member of the upper-class years ago, so this luxury shouldn’t surprise him, but he couldn’t help but wonder who the owner was and why they had chosen such dark themes.

As Youngjae ran his fingers through his bed hair, he realized that he was still dressed in his attire from the party. The party where he met a man named Kwon Jiyong. A shiver ran down his spine as he put a face to the name.

As if he had been summoned, Kwon Jiyong came walking into the room dressed in clothing that a circus' ring leader would be wearing. The man had exceptional taste in fashion as he glided towards Youngjae and sat down beside him.

Youngjae squirmed in fear and nervousness before Jiyong shook his head at him.

“No need to be scared of me. I’m not your enemy here, Youngjae.” Jiyong spoke softly.

“Then why did you kidnap me?” Youngjae questioned.

“Because I was hired to. My client told me to deliver you to him, but alas, he is in a sticky situation with someone at the moment, and so I am unable to deliver you.” Jiyong stated.

“Who hired you?” Youngjae whispered as he glared at the elder.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not allowed to give out a name. He wished to remain anonymous until you both meet face to face.” Jiyong replied.

“So you’re just going to keep me locked up here like some caged animal?” Youngjae hissed as he clutched the armrest and dug his nails into the soft plush.

“No. I’m going to keep you here as my guest. My home is now your home. You will remain here until the time comes for me to deliver you to my client. Don’t even think about running away because my home is in the middle of nowhere, so no one will ever be able to find you. Feel free to do as you please. This will now be your room, and I’ll have my maids bring in some clothes for you.” Jiyong stated as he rose from his place on the loveseat.

“He’s going to find me, you know. Daehyun will find me. He always does, and when he does, you’ll be sorry.” Youngjae smirked as he watched Jiyong tense up for a moment before he relaxed again.

“I know he will because I’m expecting him to. I wouldn’t put my faith in him if I were you, though. Jung Daehyun is not the man you think he is.” Jiyong said quickly before he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

 

Youngjae slumped back in his spot as hundreds of thoughts began to dance in his head. What did Jiyong mean by that? Daehyun was the man he had fallen in love with. Nobody knew him better than Youngjae. Could it be possible that Daehyun was keeping secrets from him?

The young male shook the thoughts from his mind as he stood up and looked at the flames that gently danced around in the fireplace. To most people, a fire always screamed out ‘danger,’ but to Youngjae, it reminded him of warmth and a certain calmness when he began to feel alone.

Daehyun was the fire that claimed Youngjae. He was the one who gave him warmth and a certain sense of calm. Everything about the Busan male screamed out ‘dangerous,’ but that was what drew Youngjae in. The younger was a moth while the Busan male was the flame.

Like a moth to a flame, Daehyun had captured Youngjae in an eternal embrace.


A/N: So many new questions now. Wonder who Jiyong's "client" is? Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. Thank you!! ^_^