Part Twelve

China Doll

WARNING!!! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MINOR TORTURE!!!


Red.

 

Nothing but red was all Daehyun could see as the blade pierced through the fair skin.

The screams echoed through the walls, but nobody would be able to hear them. A simple carving of the letter ‘D’ was etched into the victim’s chest. A cry of his name fell through the pale lips as the Busan male watched the crimson liquid trickle down the other male’s chest.

“This letter looks beautiful on you,” Daehyun muttered as the blade added a final touch to the letter.

“Why?” Youngwon whispered in a hoarse voice.

It was always the same question each day, and each day Daehyun would respond with the same answer, “because Youngjae is mine.

Youngwon was no longer the man he used to be. His physical appearance would scare anyone who crossed his path. He was nothing but skin and bones now. His eyes were sunk in and turned an ugly shade of yellow underneath them, he had dried blood caked all over his body, and he smelled of a foul odor mainly from his own stench. Even his hair was losing its luster and slowly starting to fall out.

“I just want to see my brother.” Youngwon cried out as tears rolled down his cheeks when Daehyun pressed his thumb into the fresh wound earning a whimper from the elder.

Daehyun didn’t say a word as he walked over to a small box and pulled out a needle and some thread. The thread was a beautiful rose-colored red, and Daehyun pulled the thin piece of thread through the small loop at the tip of the needle. He then pulled out a bottle of clear glue and dabbled a paintbrush in it.

“Red is starting to become such a beautiful color to me. Don’t you agree that it’s a beautiful color, Youngwon?” Daehyun questioned softly as he twirled the needle and thread between his fingers in an observant manner.

“Yes. It’s my favorite color.” Youngwon whispered as his lips began to tremble.

“Good. You’ll be wearing this color for quite some time now.” Daehyun smirked as he grabbed the elder’s lips in a harsh grip.

Daehyun took the paintbrush and gently ran it over the elder’s lips, making sure to firmly press his lips together so that the glue would hold in place. Youngwon’s eyes widened in fear as the needle pierced through his skin. He was paralyzed with fear as he watched Daehyun sew the red thread across his mouth while humming a random tune.

The screams no longer came out as the thread silenced the elder’s voice. Thick red zig-zag patterns were sewn across the reddened lips as tiny holes could be seen marring his face.

“Now, I won’t be able to hear that annoying voice of yours anymore,” Daehyun smirked as he tied the edges of the thread in a tiny red bow.

Youngwon tried to say something, anything, but the words wouldn’t come out. He could only stare at the Busan male with large pleading eyes. He just wanted to see his brother again. Even if it was just for a minute, he still wanted to see Youngjae.

The last thing the elder saw was Daehyun laughing in front of him before he finally passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae sat on the windowsill of his temporary room, just staring out at the lush green backyard. The kidney-shaped swimming pool beckoned him over as he stared at its crystal clear water.

“Do you swim?” Jiyong questioned as he strolled in dressed in an overly large white tee shirt and cut-up denim jeans with black combat boots.

“Yes, but I’ve never swam alone before,” Youngjae mumbled as he breathed on the glass and drew a stick figure on it.

“I see. Have you ever done anything by yourself before?” Jiyong questioned as he pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up.

“Not really. I’ve had people around me so much that I’ve forgotten what it feels like to be alone.” Youngjae replied as he turned to face the elder.

“Well, come on then and get dressed. I’ll wait for you by the pool.” Jiyong stated as he traipsed off with the cigarette dangling between his parted lips.

Youngjae just let out a sigh as he hopped off the sill and walked towards his closet. He grabbed a pair of plain yellow swim trunks and quickly pulled them on before walking out of his room and towards the pool.

 

 

Jiyong sat lazily on a lounge chair by the pool when Youngjae opened the glass sliding doors and stepped out. The “cancer stick,” as Youngjae liked to call it, had been depleted as he looked over at Jiyong.

“I’m not getting in the pool if that’s what you want. Feel free to, though. The water is warm, and I suggest you jump in now because I don’t want to sit here all day.” Jiyong stated as he threw on a pair of designer shades.

Youngjae bit his lip before he nodded in agreement. He took off in a sprint as he dove straight into the warm. Just like Jiyong had said, the water was warm as Youngjae closed his eyes and floated on his back.

“How does it feel being on your own for once?” Jiyong called out as a small smile formed on his lips.

“It feels….great,” Youngjae whispered with a smile.

Youngjae had never done anything on his own before. Where Youngjae was there, Daehyun was right beside him. It was almost as if the two were glued together by some strange bond that nobody could understand.

Youngjae missed the sound of light footsteps approaching him, but the darkness that loomed over him was undeniable as he slowly opened his eyes.

“Hey,” Jiyong said in an almost whisper.

“Yeah?” Youngjae questioned as he squinted his eyes.

“How much do you know about Daehyun?” Jiyong asked as he let out a low sigh.

“I know everything about him. We have no secrets from each other.” Youngjae said with a goofy smile.

“Everyone has secrets, doll. Did he ever talk to you about a gang called Big Bang?”

“Yeah. They were a really rough gang.” Youngjae replied as he furrowed his brows.

“Did he tell you the whole truth about that gang?” Jiyong asked as he threaded his fingers together and crouched down.

“No. Not really.” Youngjae frowned.

“Would you like for me to tell you the whole story about them? If I tell you then, it will change your life forever, but the decision is yours to make, of course.” Jiyong informed.

A mere nod was all it took to change the life of the innocent Yoo Youngjae.


A/N: Phew! This chapter was surprisingly hard to write. The next chapter will be a flashback and will more than likely contain some very graphic scenes. I think Daehyun needs to be locked up cause that dude is crazy! Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thank you so much to those who have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate all of the love and support!! ^_^