Part Nineteen

China Doll

If only looks could kill.

 

 

 

 

The night air was bone-chilling cold as the light-skinned male walked down the dimly lit sidewalk. The male was dressed in a black velvet suit that looked like it came from the early 1900s, and his dark cherry hair peeked out from underneath his matching top hat.

The stranger held a brown wooden cane in his hand as he slowly walked down the deserted sidewalk. He looked no older than twenty-one years of age, and he had a haunting look about him. The stranger wore no smile of any kind, and his dark eyes were chilling enough to pierce right through your heart. His facial features were sharp as he ran his long fingers along his jawline.

The male soon stopped in front of an iron-wrought gate and slowly pushed it open, earning a groan of protest as he walked down the paved driveway.

The once green trees were now an unattractive brown as he continued to walk down the long driveway. All color seemed to be changing to the same shade of brown as the male continued to walk down the driveway.

When the male walked onto the front porch, he stretched out a long finger and rang the doorbell continuously.

The large wooden door opened slowly, revealing a startled Jiyong dressed in a thick red velvet robe that must have cost a fortune.

“Minsu?” Jiyong whispered as he grabbed the stranger's arm and dragged him into the house, quickly shutting the door behind him.

“I’m here for the human,” Minsu spoke in a chilling deep voice as he stared at the elder.

“Why? His time hasn’t come up yet.” Jiyong said quietly as he glared at the younger.

“I know. That’s why I am here. I can’t see his death.” Minsu stated calmly as he brushed past the elder and made his way up the stairs behind them.

“What do you mean you can’t see his death? You ARE death in the flesh.” Jiyong asked in a confusing voice as he trailed behind the younger on the stairs.

“It is exactly as I said. This has never happened before, and I need to see him myself.” Minsu mumbled as he stopped in front of a closed door and let out a sigh before slowly turning the knob and walking inside.

Minsu propped his cane against the wall as he took in his surroundings. This place was far too rich looking for his taste. A low grunt escaped his lips as he turned to look at the elder, who merely shrugged in response.

The male’s eyes finally rested on a sleeping figure on the loveseat, and he slowly walked over to get a closer look.

Youngjae had a blanket draped over the lower half of his body, and it looked as if he hadn’t changed his clothes at all. His hair was plastered across his face, and his mouth was partially open while his arm was carelessly slung over the armrest. It looked like an uncomfortable position, but he seemed not to mind it, judging by how he didn’t stir in his sleep.

“Even now, I can’t sense his death. I can sense yours but not his.” Minsu stated out loud in a whisper.

“So my death will happen then?” Jiyong questioned as he continued to watch the sleeping Youngjae.

“Yes. My apologies, Jiyong. If I had any friends, I would consider you as one of them. We had many shared memories together, and I will not forget them.” Minsu whispered as he reached down and touched Youngjae’s cheek.

A chill ran down Youngjae’s spine as his face distorted into slight discomfort.

“What are you doing to him?” Jiyong hissed as he harshly gripped the younger’s arm and roughly pulled it back.

“I am instilling nightmares into his mind to wake him up.” Minsu shrugged as he looked at Jiyong with confusion written across his face.

“That’s not how you wake humans up,” Jiyong stated as he shook his head and flipped on a light switch.

“How do you wake them up then?” Minsu questioned as he tilted his head to the side.

“You gently shake them by their shoulders and call out their name softly,” Jiyong replied.

“I see. Very well, then.” Minsu nodded as he bent down towards Youngjae.

Minsu placed his hands on Youngjae’s shoulder and shook him while calling out his name over and over again.

Youngjae’s eyes slowly fluttered open as he came face to face with a hauntingly handsome stranger. He quickly sat up, almost head-butting Minsu in the process, and stared at him.

“Who are you?” Youngjae asked as he blinked several times and let out a cute yawn.

“I am Death,” Minsu stated with a slight nod as he continued to look at Youngjae.

“What?” Youngjae questioned as he furrowed his brows in confusion.

“His name is Kim Minsu, and he is the one who comes to collect the souls of the dead. He can also see how people and creatures will die, and he can instill nightmares into anyone’s mind. Along with killing things such as my house-plants.” Jiyong explained as he let out a sigh.

“Is he the reason I just had a nightmare of giant spiders attacking me?” Youngjae wondered as he glared slightly at Minsu.

“Yes. Sorry about that. He doesn’t interact with humans.” Jiyong mumbled the apology.

“It’s okay. So why is he here then?” Youngjae asked in curiosity.

“I am here because I cannot see your death. This has never happened before, and until I can see your death, then I will remain here.” Minsu informed them.

Jiyong just looked at Minsu in shock. The elder knew that the younger had never been away from his world for long periods of time, and he didn’t know how it could affect him.

Youngjae was equally surprised as he continued to stare at Minsu with wide eyes and another chill running down his spine. Was there something wrong with him?

“Will it be okay for you to stay here? Who knows how long it will be until you see a glimpse of his death.” Jiyong mumbled out loud in confusion.

“Can we please talk about something other than my death? Dying isn’t exactly something that humans look forward to.” Youngjae huffed in slight annoyance.

“Our apologies. What topic would you like to discuss then?” Minsu questioned as he plopped down in the chair beside him and crossed his legs elegantly.

“As much as I would love to stay here and chat, I have a fashion montage to do in the morning, so I have to prepare for that. Minsu, don’t keep him up long. Humans need sleep.” Jiyong grumbled as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

“How long have you known Jiyong?” Youngjae asked as he tapped his index finger on his chin in thought.

“I have known him for an entire lifetime and then some. I was the one who had to collect his lover’s soul. I am already aware of what he has told you. Here very recently, I also collected your biological brother’s soul. He died a very unclean death. My sympathies.” Minsu whispered as he bowed his head in respect.

“It was Daehyun, wasn’t it? The one who killed my biological brother?” Youngjae asked in a saddened voice.

“Yes. If I may ask, why do you harbor feelings for him? He is a killer, among many other things.” Minsu wondered out loud.

“Because I love him, and I know he isn’t doing this of his own free will,” Youngjae said softly as he played with his fingers.

“This is true. Yifei has never been one to respect the lives of others. She will stop at nothing until she gets what she wants, and she will destroy everything in her way. I have never understood love, though. Why do humans love those that hurt them?” Minsu asked in a serious tone.

“We love them because we think they will change. Love is the closest thing we have to magic. Even if, by some chance that Daehyun is doing all these things of his own will, then I will still love him. He loves me, and I know he means well even if he’s going about these things in the wrong way.”

“Then, Youngjae, you are a fool.”

“You’re right. I am a fool. I’m a fool who’s in love with someone that probably doesn’t exist anymore, but I just can’t let him go. Could you do it? Could you let someone you love go?”

“No. If I believed in love, then no, I would not let them go. I would do everything I could to keep them safe from harm, and I would tell them each day how much I loved them.” Minsu stated softly as he looked deeply into Youngjae’s eyes.

“Say it,” Youngjae whispered so quietly that Minsu barely heard it.

“I love you, Youngjae,” Minsu whispered back.

Youngjae’s eyes closed as he felt a pair of cool lips seal against his own. The familiar shiver crawled down his spine, and his heart skipped a beat as a cold pair of hands carefully cupped his cheeks. Memories began drifting through the younger’s mind, even those of the future, as his head began to feel dizzy.

Two pairs of eyes slowly fluttered open as uneven breathing escaped into the air. Youngjae and Minsu stared into each other’s eyes before the younger spoke softly.

“It was you. This whole time it’s been you.” Youngjae said as he bit his bottom lip in nervousness.

“Of course, it was. I have to protect you, Youngjae. I cannot let him, have you. I will always fight for you even if you no longer desire me. I love you, Youngjae.” Minsu whispered as he caressed the younger’s cheek softly.

“This whole time, I thought it was Daehyun that I was meant to be with. Why did you want me to be with him?”

“I thought he would be a better choice for you than I would. It appears that is not the case. I am so sorry. His attachment to you is so strong that even I cannot break it. I can sense your feelings for him, and I will not stand in your way if you choose to go to him.”

“I will need some time to think about all of this. Please give me some time to think about all of this.”

“Of course. Take as much time as you need. You know where to find me. Goodnight, Youngjae.” Minsu whispered as he kissed Youngjae’s forehead.

“No nightmares either.” Youngjae teased as he lay back down on the loveseat.

“Humans are still bizarre, and no nightmares for you ever again. I can promise you that.” Minsu stated as he turned off the light and slowly walked out the door shutting it quietly behind him.

Youngjae curled up under his blanket with a smile etched across his face as he closed his eyes.

 

 

 

Under the pale moonlight stood two figures who witnessed the whole scene unfold before their very eyes. One figure had their hands balled up into fists, and the other was comforting them by patting them lovingly on the shoulder. The smirk from the comforting figure went unnoticed by the angered figure as haunting visions danced in their heads.

This means war.


A/N: What the heck just happened with this chapter here?!? Allow me to explain what just happened here without giving too many things away. I wanted to add a new/original love interest for Youngjae into the story for quite some time now because most of the stories I read always have Daehyun as the first choice for Youngjae. I thought about it and wondered what would happen if Daehyun wasn't the first/original choice for Youngjae; what if it was someone completely different and unexpected. I thought for the longest about who Jae's new/original love interest would be, and then I came across this new rookie group today called Boys Republic. I watched many of their videos and became hooked to this group, and in this group is Kim Minsu. Minsu looked exactly like the perfect love interest for Youngjae because he needs someone who is mysterious and who has a past that can also play the bad-boy role if needed. I know this is supposed to be a DaeJae story, and it will be to a certain extent, but DaeJae is NOT the original couple here...it's MinJae(?) There could still be a chance for DaeJae to happen, as stated in this chapter, so it's something to look forward to. I understand if I lose followers on here because it may or may not be the DaeJae story you were hoping for. My apologies for that; I already had this planned out to a certain extent. I just needed to find the perfect main love interest, and I did just that. This will certainly change some things now, though, which is probably the longest author's note I've ever written. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thank you all for the votes, comments, subscriptions, and love. I appreciate all of it. ^_^

 

HAPPY 3 YEARS WITH B.A.P. !!! Here's to an entire lifetime and even more with them. ^_^