Part Twenty

China Doll

To love and be loved in return.

 

 

 

 

 

Time ticks by slowly as Daehyun counts down the seconds until he sees Yifei walking into the room with a certain gleam in her eyes. The Busan male realizes that the demon in front of him is breathtakingly beautiful as she inches closer towards him.

The air turns thick with heated tension as Yifei leans in and slowly plants her glossy lips on Daehyun’s own thick ones. Their movement seems rehearsed as the Busan male threads his fingers through the demon’s hair before he realizes his actions and pulls away immediately with regret written all over his face.

“This isn’t right,” Daehyun whispers into the air as he looks down at the ground in shame.

“We all have to give in at some point, Daehyun. You saw what happened last night. Your precious Youngjae doesn’t love you. He doesn’t want to be with you. Pick me instead. I can give you everything and more. You know I’m the better choice. Choose me, Daehyun.” Yifei stated softly as her hand gently grazed over the younger’s facial features.

“I need some time to think about this. If I choose you, then can you help me forget?” Daehyun questioned almost in a plea that didn’t seem like him at all.

“I can help you forget anything that you want, Daehyun,” Yifei whispered as she leaned in and stole a gentle kiss.

I’ll make you forget everything.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae sat alone in his room, biting his lip in frustration. He knew that things were about to change here very soon, and he wasn’t sure if that would be a good thing or not. The male disliked change, but he hated liars even more.

A silent plea of redemption and salvation was all that Youngjae asked for. He wanted to forget about all of the things he had seen within the years. Most of all, he wanted to forget about the one he saw first-named Jung Daehyun.

Youngjae knew that Daehyun was bad news when they first met, but he didn’t care. The older male had made him feel something that he didn’t even know existed. Daehyun was the only person who acted like he cared about Youngjae’s well-being at all.

When the younger had a nightmare when he was just a few years younger, Daehyun would come rushing in and comfort him by singing a beautiful ballad that would help the other fall fast asleep.

When Youngjae needed help with his homework, Daehyun would always be there to help him and make sure his answers were correct.

The littlest things were what stuck with Youngjae the most, and each day he found himself falling for the elder that much more.

Youngjae wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Daehyun, but he did. The younger fell hard for the elder, and he didn’t mind one bit.

It happened slowly, but over time Daehyun began to change. The Busan male soon became more reserved and would pick a fight with anyone who looked at him the wrong way.

The days of innocence were gone quickly and were replaced by the cruel nature of adulthood.

Daehyun was no longer the sweet older boy that Youngjae fell in love with.

Daehyun had turned into something he swore he would never become, a monster.

This monster lurked in the darkest shadows, and every word he spoke was like a stab in the chest. Every touch by him would leave people paralyzed. His gaze would go straight to your very soul and have you crying out to be saved.

Daehyun was a monster, and he could not be saved.

Youngjae didn’t like monsters at all because they lived in the darkness and preyed on the innocent.

Youngjae could never love a monster.

Youngjae could never love Daehyun.


A/N: I know this chapter is super short, but it is needed because in the next chapter, I will be posting the real truth of this story, and I will explain everything then even if I have to make fifty parts for it. Thank you all for being so patient with me up to this point in the story. I know I may have some or all of you confused about what's going on right now, but I promise I will try to answer most or all of your questions in the next chapter. Please continue to be patient with me. I will say that the next chapter will probably be the biggest plot twist in anything I've ever written, so expect the unexpected pretty much. Fear not, though, because this story still has a ways to go before it reaches its true ending. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have subscribed commented, and voted up this story. I really appreciate all of the love and support. Thank you!!! ^_^