Part One

China Doll

The seven-year-old Busan native named Jung Daehyun sat on the floor of his room, holding a doll in his hands. The doll was a recent gift from his wealthy parents as they returned from business in China. This China doll was made of pure white glass with red lips, black eyes, and midnight colored hair that was carefully pinned into a fashionable bun. The doll was dressed in a red Cheongsam with a matching red fan clutched in her right hand.

Daehyun stared at the doll intently as he turned her over and examined the craftsmanship. The seven-year-old frowned slightly before he looked back up at his parents.

“Do you like your gift, Daehyun?” The boy’s mother asked through hopeful eyes.

“The craftsmanship is lovely, mother, but there is the smallest crack on the back of her left hand,” Daehyun stated as he tossed the doll on the floor.

The father carefully scooped up the doll and examined her hand. Sure enough, he saw the small crack and shook his head.

“We’ll get you a new doll right away, Daehyun. I’m sorry we overlooked this small imperfection earlier.” Daehyun’s father spoke calmly.

“No need, father. I’m bored of your presents now.” Daehyun mumbled.

“What would you like, dear? Would you like a horse? I know you’ve wanted to learn how to ride horse-back here lately.” The mother spoke as she smiled sweetly at her son.

“No. I want a new play-mate. I’m tired of playing with dolls. I want a younger brother.” Daehyun stated as he slowly stood up from the floor.

“Daehyun, having a younger brother takes time. Plus, it will be years from now before you can play with him.” His father stated.

“No. I want a brother who is a few months younger than I am. I want him to look like this doll, and I want him to be obedient.” Daehyun confirmed as he pointed to the China doll that his father still held on to.

“Darling, we wouldn’t even know where to begin to look. Plus, it will take some time to find him if he even exists.” The mother calmly informed.

“I don’t care. If you don’t do this for me, then I swear I will hate you forever.” Daehyun hissed as he glared at both of his parents.

His parents shared a knowing look before they nodded to one another and silently walked out of the room. The China doll was placed on the green armchair and stared silently at the young Busan boy who went back to playing with his other dolls.

 

 

Three long months had passed by, and each day as soon as his parents would walk through the front doors, Daehyun would run up and ask them if they brought him a brother yet, and they would simply shake their heads. The Busan boy would then sulk to himself and throw a temper as he stormed up the steps as loudly as he could.

It was winter, and a blizzard was quickly making its way to the city where the family lived. Daehyun stood in the foyer wrapped up in a thick dark blue blanket staring at the door. Just then, the door opened, and a chilling breeze blew through Daehyun’s dark hair, almost kissing him before it escaped back into the open world as his father quickly closed the door.

“Have you brought me what I asked for?” Daehyun questioned as he tried to sneak a peek behind his parents.

“We have. Come on out and meet your new brother. Don’t be shy now.” His mother spoke sweetly as he watched a small figure appear from behind his mother.

A boy around the same age as him with fair skin, black hair, doe eyes, and red lips gripped hold of the mother’s fur coat in fear as he stared wide-eyed at Daehyun. He had a pair of chubby cheeks and hideous dark circles under his eyes. The boy looked feminine and like a fragile doll that could easily break at the mention of one hurtful word. The fearful boy had dirt smeared on his face, and his once pure white clothes were now brown and tattered. His brown shoes were coming apart at the seams, and he bit his nails nervously.

“Daehyun. This is your brother, Jung Youngjae. Why don’t you help him get cleaned up?” His mother questioned as he unclasped Youngjae’s small hands from her coat and gently pushed him towards Daehyun.

Youngjae whimpered as Daehyun grabbed his hand and led him upstairs to his bathroom.

Daehyun the warm water in his sink and grabbed a washcloth, and began to rub away the dirt that marked Youngjae’s face gently. Little by little, the dirt began to wash away as Youngjae’s cheeks turned red from all the scrubbing. Both boys remained silent and just looked at each other, trying to figure the other out.

“You’ll be living with us now. I’m your big brother now so whatever I say goes, understand?” Daehyun questioned as he tossed the used washcloth into the hamper.

Youngjae merely nodded in response as he continued to stare at Daehyun in fear.

“Stop being afraid of me. I’m not going to hurt you. You’re my doll, and I wouldn’t hurt my doll.” Daehyun whispered as he stared at the younger.

Youngjae gulped as he felt a chill run up his spine. He had no clue what would be in store for him.

 

 

 

 

 

Ten years had passed by in the blink of an eye. Both brothers had grown into attractive men that women always seemed to fawn over. Daehyun had tanned skin and chocolate brown hair with his almond-shaped eyes and thick lips. His muscles were prominent, and females were constantly fawning over his handsome looks. Youngjae had his fair skin, pouty pink lips, and doe eyes. Even though he lost his chubbiness and gained muscle, his chubby cheeks remained. He was the very definition of a pretty boy, and people of both genders were always confessing their dying love for him.

Daehyun currently sat on a lounge chair on the patio in the backyard, sipping on his glass of tea as he watched his doll ride on his white stallion and jump over the rails that were strategically placed in front of him.

The Busan boy could see the beads of sweat roll down Youngjae’s flawless face as he commanded his horse to jump the fences.

“Doll! That’s enough for today. Come join me.” Daehyun yelled out to Youngjae, who hopped off his horse and let the stable boy take his horseback to the stables.

Youngjae was dressed in a tight solid white riding suit with black riding boots. He calmly walked over and peeled off his black riding gloves before taking a seat on the empty lounge chair sitting beside his brother.

“Why did you make me stop, brother?” Youngjae questioned curiously as he watched one of the maids set a glass of tea beside him.

“You were sweating out there. You’re overworking yourself. Plus, you reek of horse.” Daehyun stated as he peeled off his white shirt revealing his perfectly sculpted abs.

Daehyun held out the sweat-drenched shirt as a maid raced over to grab it quickly. He stood up to reveal his red and black swim trunks. Youngjae blushed at the sight of his brother before he quickly looked away and glanced at the pool.

“I’m sorry. I just want to be as good a rider as you are, dear brother,” Youngjae spoke softly.

Daehyun snorted before he looked at Youngjae and commented, “that will never happen. Nobody is a better rider than I am. Only a fool would think they are better than me.”

“My apologies, brother. I did not mean to offend you.” Youngjae said shyly.

“No offense taken. Now get cleaned up, doll, and join me for a swim.” Daehyun commanded as he ran towards the pool and cannonballed into it, splashing water all over Youngjae and the maids.

“I’m sorry. Let me get you some towels.” Youngjae stated as he looked at the maids.

“Thank you, young master, but we are fine. You should go wash up and join the young master.” One of the maids replied as she politely bowed.

Youngjae just nodded in reply as he hurried to the bathroom to wash up.

 

 

 

Night had fallen quickly, and the stars looked beautiful in the sky. Youngjae stood on the balcony leaning against the railing, glancing up at the stars. A door opening and closing sound could be heard as he turned to find Daehyun swaying slightly towards him.

As Daehyun approached Youngjae, he could smell the alcohol on the elder, and a small whimper left his lips as Daehyun roughly cupped his face in his hands.

“Why are you so pretty, doll? You’ve always been so pretty, and I don’t understand.” Daehyun whispered as he looked into Youngjae’s startled eyes.

Youngjae clutched tightly onto the balcony, railing as he smelled the strong alcohol on Daehyun’s tongue. Without warning, the elder crashed their lips together as Youngjae widened his eyes in fear. His first kiss had just been stolen by his intoxicated older brother named Jung Daehyun.

Youngjae quickly gained his stability back as he pushed Daehyun away from him. Daehyun just glared at the younger as his eyes grew darker.

“You will pay for your insolence, doll!” Daehyun yelled out as he firmly slapped the younger.

The sound of the slap bounced against the walls. Never in his life had Daehyun laid one finger on Youngjae. He treated the younger as if he was fragile and looked after him even if he was a little harsh with his words sometimes. Daehyun always protected him and looked out for him. He was the definition of a perfect older brother.

Youngjae placed his hand on his cheek as the tears began to well in his eyes. The intoxication seemed to briefly wear off as Daehyun stepped closer towards the younger and looked at him with scared eyes.

“Stay away from me!” Youngjae yelled out as he raced out of his bedroom and down to the garage.

Youngjae had no clue where he was heading as he hopped in his car and peeled out of his familiar home. Bright lights followed behind him as he swerved down the road, trying to lose them.

Tears blurred his vision as he kept replaying the scene with his brother over and over again in his head. The person that had stolen his first kiss was not his brother. That person was nothing more than a monster. The brother that he once knew was now long gone.

Youngjae couldn’t go back to that house. Who knows what Daehyun would do or try to do to him if he returned. He couldn’t go back to that life. That chapter of his life had now reached the end.

The fair-skinned boy gripped the steering wheel tightly as he pressed harder on the gas pedal. He knew he needed to change now. The shy and scared boy he once was had to be no more. He needed a change. A fresh start on life was what waited for him, and he knew exactly how to get it.

 

 

 

Youngjae lost his followers long ago as he stood in the dark, knocking on some strangers’ door. The door swiftly opened, revealing a tall male with wavy black hair and piercing black eyes dressed in sweatpants and a wife-beater with an annoyed look on his face. The muscular man looked like he could kill you in a heartbeat if you looked at him the wrong way.

“Are you Bang Yongguk?” Youngjae asked quietly.

“Yeah. Who’s asking?” Yongguk questioned in a deep voice.

“Jung Youngjae. I heard you can make people disappear if they’re in trouble.” Youngjae whispered.

“Dang, kid. You’re all over the news. Your family is looking for you, and the reward for your return is quite high.” Yongguk stated as he rubbed at his chin in thought.

“Please don’t turn me in. I can’t go back to them. I can’t.” Youngjae pleaded as his eyes started to well up.

“Alright, kid. I’ll help you out. Just stop crying. You’re getting my porch all wet.” Yongguk chuckled.

 

 

Yongguk’s house was small and had only two bedrooms and one bathroom. Youngjae definitely wasn’t used to this simple way of living. Yongguk led both of them into his living room and pulled out his laptop.

“So, is there any name, in particular, you’d like to go by? I’m about to give you an entirely new identity. After tonight Jung Youngjae will no longer exist. Jung Youngjae will be dead to you and everyone else, or so it will say in the database. Are you sure you want to do this, kid? Once you do this, there is no going back.” Yongguk warned the younger.

“I’m sure. I need to do this.” Youngjae replied.

“Okay. So give me a name for starters, kid.” Yongguk said.

“Yoo Youngjae,” Youngjae mumbled.

“Interesting choice of name but whatever, kid. Birthdate? Says here you were born on April seventh of ninety-four.” Yongguk hummed.

“My adoptive parents didn’t know my real birth date, so they just made one up. I was in an orphanage till I was seven. Even the orphanage didn’t know my real birth date.” Youngjae replied as he lowered his head.

“It’s okay, kid. No need to get all upset here, or I’m going to need to buy a boat.” Yongguk chuckled.

“I want to be born on January twenty-fourth of the same year,” Youngjae said quietly.

“Okay. I’ll work out the rest of the details and get people to vouch for you in certain areas. We’re going to have to change your appearance a little bit, and then there’s the matter of your death.” Yongguk commented.

“My death?” Youngjae questioned curiously.

“You could have him die in a tragic car accident.” A husky voice stated as a male appeared in the doorway.

The male was beyond beautiful. His skin was even paler than Youngjae’s, and his eyes were cat-like. His hair was raven black and styled up, giving him an edgy look.

“Himchan, you really should stop scaring our guests like this.” Yongguk grumbled as he shook his head.

“Well, a car crash seems fitting. I mean, he did drive here after all. We could just burn his car and stage it as some tragic accident. It’s not like it won’t end up on the news anyway.” Himchan shrugged as he plopped down beside Yongguk.

“It does seem logical.” Youngjae nodded.

“Fine, but leave any personal identification in your car and take out the money in your wallet. No use letting a dead man walk around broke.” Yongguk commented.

“I actually don’t have any money or a place to stay,” Youngjae said quietly as his cheeks flushed from embarrassment.

“You can stay with us! We have a spare bedroom.” Himchan squealed in delight.

“No. Absolutely not. We don’t harbor our clients.” Yongguk huffed.

“Oh, come on, Gukkie. The kid is harmless. He’s just too cute, and he needs someone to watch over him and protect him.” Himchan cooed.

“Fine, but if he stays with us, then he also has to work with us.” Yongguk sighed.

Himchan pulled Yongguk in for a quick hug and kiss before he let go. Youngjae’s face turned red as he looked away from the intimate moment.

“Alright. Let’s go destroy a car!” Himchan stated as he shot his fist into the air.

“It’s gonna be a long night.” Yongguk stated.

Youngjae chuckled at the two males before him as his mind began to wander off. After tonight, everything would be different for him. The life he knew before wouldn’t exist anymore. The people in his life would no longer be there.

From now on, he would live a different life and be a different person. Jung Youngjae no longer existed anymore.

Jung Youngjae was dead now, and Yoo Youngjae would rise to take his place.


A/N: Part two will be up here soon. I hope all of you will enjoy this one-shot and if anyone is confused about anything, then just ask, and I will be more than happy to explain. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. ^_^