Part Fifteen

China Doll

There is evil in this world. Evil can come in many forms and many different ways.

 

 

 

 

 

The clicking of heels could be heard in the abandoned alley as the other stopped abruptly.

The owner was a young woman with porcelain skin, ruby red lips, slender fingers, doe-like black eyes, and long black hair. She was dressed in a silky strapless black dress that flowed with every step she made.

There was a certain haunting look about her as she gracefully made her way across the street in a hurried manner. The golden bracelet that clung to her wrist made a pleasant tinkling sound with each flick.

A streak of black in a world full of color blazed through the earliest hours as it made its way to its destination.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun stood in the library of his home, staring down at the black diamond earring that Youngjae had left behind. The earring sat on the study desk where it had for many hours now.

Daehyun’s eyes started to dry up and sting as he continued to stare at the precious object. The sound of heels clicking towards him could be heard as he slowly turned around with a frown on his face.

“I thought I threw you away, Liu Yifei,” Daehyun stated in an irritated tone.

“As if you could get rid of me so easily, Daehyun. You forget it is I that gave you your heart’s desire.” Yifei replied in a sickeningly, sweet voice that was modulated.

“Well, my heart’s desire is not here at the moment. We had a deal, Yifei and I expect you to keep your end of the bargain.” Daehyun firmly replied as he snatched up the earring and clutched it tightly in his hand.

“I do not take orders from mere humans. You will have your precious Youngjae back, but you remember that you belong to me. You cannot get rid of me. You cannot throw me away like I am some common trash.” Yifei hissed.

“You are not worth my time, demon. You’ve brought nothing but trouble into my life since I’ve known you.” Daehyun mumbled as he gritted his teeth.

“How dare you speak to me this way. You will know your place human, and you will know it now.” Yifei shouted before she stepped closer to Daehyun and cupped his face in her hand.

The simple glow of the demon’s eyes was all it took to silence Daehyun.

“That’s a good boy. I control you. Do not defy me again, or I will kill you. Do I make myself clear?” Yifei questioned as she roughly let go of Daehyun’s face.

“Yes, Yifei. I will not defy you again.” Daehyun stated mindlessly as he knelt in front of the demon.

“Good. I’ll take you to Youngjae now if that is what you wish, but first, you need to take care of that brother of his before things get out of hand.” Yefei informed as she placed her heel under Daehyun’s chin forcing him to look up at her.

“It will be done,” Daehyun stated blankly.

 

There is evil in this world. Can an evil as horrid as this be stopped, and if so, then at what cost?

 

 

 

 

 

“Can we save him then?” Youngjae questioned as he looked deeply into Jiyong’s eyes.

“I don’t know. I don’t even know where to start, but I will kill every single person on this planet if I knew it would bring my love back.” Jiyong replied as he sat down on the pool's edge and let his feet dangle in the warm water.

“I would do the same for Daehyun. I will do anything for him. I would kill every demon if I knew it would save him.” Youngjae stated as he merely nodded his head.

“You’ve got some balls, Youngjae, but what about your other brother? Don’t you want to see him?” Jiyong asked quietly.

“I do, but who knows where he is now or what has been done to him. How can we even go up against a demon, though?” Youngjae wondered out loud.

Jiyong smirked slightly and took off his shades before he spoke softly, “that’s easy. We get our own demon, and I have just the one in mind for this.”

 

 

 

 

 

A young male with rose-colored hair, fair skin, and chocolate-colored eyes walked down the street in a black tuxedo, adjusting his sleeves' cuffs with his long and nimble fingers.

A smirk was plastered on his face as he passed by groups of people on the busy street. His young-looking face caught the attention of many wandering eyes, but nobody dared to speak to him.

The young male ran a hand through his freshly dyed locks as he stopped at the cross-walk. A buzz in his pocket had him reaching carefully inside and pulling out his cell phone.

A simple text message with the words “I have a job for you” lit up on his screen as he frowned slightly at the message. The male let out a long sigh as he walked across the street with all the other pedestrians.

“Looks like I won’t be coming home tonight.” The male whispered to himself as he looked up at the early afternoon sky.

Fight fire with fire.


A/N: This is just a short little filler chapter to introduce the two newest characters into the story; both are demons. Can anyone guess who the male demon is yet? I'll give you a hint.....he's a Wolf. ;) We'll get back into the heart of the story for the next chapter. This one is to introduce the newest characters. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thank you all for voting, commenting, and subscribing to this story. I really appreciate it. ^_^