Part Twenty-One

China Doll

 

WARNING!!! MAJOR PLOT TWIST AHEAD!!!!! PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!! ^_^


 

The truth will set you free.

 

 

 

 

 

The fair-skinned male with black hair that fell just below the nape of his neck walked silently down the empty hallway. He had on his plain faded blue pajamas, and his feet were bare as he walked up to a door with the number ‘207’ scrawled on it. The male knocked softly on the door and slowly opened it when he heard no response.

When the male stepped inside the room, his eyes landed on a familiar figure, and a small smile grew on his face. The familiar figure with dark cherry red hair and fair skin glanced up from his desk where he had been writing and returned the same smile.

“Couldn’t sleep again, Jae?” The figure questioned in a teasing tone.

“Nope. I’d much rather be in here with you, Minsu.” Youngjae smirked as he inched closer towards the elder.

“If they catch you in here, then you’ll be in big trouble.” Minsu chuckled softly.

“They can certainly try, but I don’t give a damn about their threats to me,” Youngjae grumbled as he walked over and sat down on the elder’s bed that was next to the desk.

“I know. I know. I worry about you sometimes, is all.” Minsu sighed as he buttoned up the top button on his matching pair of pajamas and sat down beside the younger.

“Hey. I’ll be fine. I’m stronger than I look. You don’t need to worry about me so much.” Youngjae nodded as he threaded his fingers together with the elders.

“I know that. It’s just that I won’t be around forever, and I can’t stand to see you get hurt.” Minsu replied before a violent cough escaped past his parted lips.

Youngjae gently patted the elder’s back as he continued to cough until tears ran down his cheeks. The younger felt completely helpless as he quickly reached for the water sitting on the bedside table.

“I thought you saw the doctor yesterday. I thought you were getting better. Min, you need to drink this to stay hydrated.” Youngjae said quickly as he pressed the cup of water up to the elder’s lips after he stopped coughing.

Minsu grabbed the cup with shaky hands and took small sips of the water as his breathing calmed down, and soon the cup was emptied of its contents. He placed the cup back on the table and looked over at Youngjae, who looked slightly scared.

“I was getting better, but the doctor told me that I took a turn for the worst and that I have about six months at most left to live,” Minsu whispered sadly as he glanced down at the hardwood floor.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner? I could have been there with you for support. I could have done something.” Youngjae choked out as his eyes began to well up with tears.

“What could you have done, Jae? I’m dying. I’m never going to get better. I’m going to die in this hole, and the worst part is I’m going to be leaving you behind.” Minsu shouted out in frustration as he balled up his fists.

Youngjae sat there beside the elder, letting the tears fall freely from his eyes as he looked at Minsu.

“Please don’t cry, Jae. I hate seeing you cry. I’m so sorry that I can’t be here forever, even if I want to.” Minsu said softly as he reached out and gently wiped away the tears from the youngers eyes with shaky hands.

Youngjae grabbed Minsu’s hand and intertwined their fingers together as he leaned in slowly and pressed his lips against the others. The kiss was slow and sweet, but it was over far too quickly as Minsu pulled away and began to have another violent coughing attack.

“I’ll take care of you no matter what, Min. I love you.” Youngjae whispered as he lovingly ran his hand up and down the elder’s back.

“Can you stay with me tonight?” Minsu asked as he wiped away some of his saliva with his sleeve.

“Of course, I will. You don’t even need to ask me.” Youngjae replied as he moved under the covers and held them up for Minsu to slide under.

Minsu slid under the covers, and he felt a pair of slim arms wrap around his waist and the familiar hot breath on his neck. Youngjae’s heartbeat sound was the most captivating in the world, and the elder felt himself slowly drifting off into unconsciousness.

“I love you too, Youngjae.”

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae woke up the next morning to the sleeping face of Minsu, and he couldn’t resist the urge to trace the elder’s features with his hand. His lover was a beautiful person in more ways than one, and he didn’t understand how someone so perfect could be on the brink of death.

The male shook away all of his negative thoughts, slowly slipped out of bed, made sure not to wake the other, and quickly headed back to his room. When he made it back to his room without being spotted, he walked over to his closet and threw on the outfit he had worn for many years now.

Youngjae’s outfit was a solid grey color, and the buttons on his shirt were black while his shoes were grey and boring, just like the rest of the outfit. It was a standard outfit that everyone was required to wear daily except for special occasions. He ruffled his hair and let out a sigh.

He was required that no mirrors of any kind be present or allowed in any rooms due to the severity of some actions it may cause. This place felt like a prison, and the bars on the windows just confirmed Youngjae’s theory even more. Everything in this place looked the same. No signs of color could be found anywhere, and it drove even the strongest people mad.

Youngjae looked at the time on his digital clock before he walked out of his room quickly and headed to the room that he hated the most.

 

 

 

 

 

A male with tanned skin, thick lips, dark almond-shaped eyes, and silver-colored hair dressed in a black button-up blouse and blue jeans with black sneakers sat in a dark green chair reading a book or, to be more precise, a journal that he had found several days ago.

The male thoroughly read over each page as his brows furrowed with each word he read. A slight sense of anger flashed across his face before it quickly faded by a quiet knock on the door. A faint smirk now replaced that sense of anger as he told the person knocking to come in.

Youngjae walked into the room and shut the door behind him as he made his way to the familiar chair that sat across from the other male.

“I know we should talk about the usual things, but today I want to talk about something else with you.” The male spoke in a Busan accent.

“Okay. What would that be?” Youngjae questioned in boredom.

“You see, a few days ago, I stumbled upon a journal that someone had carelessly left in the kitchen where patients aren’t allowed to be after hours. So I grabbed the journal and opened it to find the owner's name so that I could return it to them. Just as I spotted the owner's name, my eyes landed on my own name, and in curiosity, I read what was said about me. Now imagine my surprise when I start reading all of these multiple things about myself that can’t possibly be true. Would you care to explain what you wrote in this journal, Youngjae?” The Busan male spoke smugly as he tossed the book on the table in front of Youngjae.

“If you want a confession Daehyun then you aren’t getting one from me. My journal is simply me expressing my feelings as we’re supposed to be doing.” Youngjae smirked in satisfaction as he watched Daehyun’s face contort into one of pure annoyance.

“Do you really want to play this game with me, Youngjae? I can write down that you have an obsession with me, and you’ll be forced to relocate to a new institution. Who do you think people will believe more, a therapist with a degree or someone with a mental health condition with an overly active imagination which has been known to lie? I know you don’t want to leave your precious Minsu, especially since he doesn’t have much time left.” Daehyun smirked in victory.

Youngjae glared at the elder because he knew he was right. Nobody would take up for a person with a mental health condition. People will only believe what they want to believe, and Youngjae knew he stood no chance. A sigh escaped the younger’s lips as he reached for his journal and placed it carefully in his lap.

“Fine. What do you want to know?” Youngjae questioned harshly.

“Tell me everything. Don’t worry, Youngjae; I’ll make sure to keep this between the two of us.” Daehyun said as he flashed his trademark smile.

“Okay. My journal entries are symbolic. I see everything that goes on here. I know you’re ing the assistant, Yifei, which is why I made her a demon in my journal because she has this hold over you as a demon would. I made you a psychotic prick because that’s exactly what you are. You’re nothing but a psycho who has an obsession with me. You don’t think I’ve noticed the way you’ve been staring at me? I notice everything, and I wouldn’t dare end up with a monster like you. Minsu is death in my journal because he’s going to die, and there is nothing I can do to save him no matter how hard I try. The brothers Jiyong and Luhan are demons in this story because they have their own secrets as well, but I have seen them stand up against you, so that’s why I put them on my side. Jiyong’s friends were transferred to a different institution, so that’s why I killed them off in my journal because we can never see them again, and I know it was you who made sure they disappeared for good. I made you kill Youngwon in my story because I’ll never be able to see him again since I’m trapped in this hole for the rest of my life. I made your aunt go to prison because she’s legit crazy, and I’m glad she’s locked away in there for life. My friends Jongup, Zelo, Yongguk, and Himchan are all mostly innocent in my journal, so that’s why I didn’t write about them much. Any more questions for me, or have I satisfied your dying curiosity?”

“Why make us brothers then if you claim that I have some obsession with you?” Daehyun asked in a serious tone.

“Because you want me so badly that you’ll take me in any way that you can get me,” Youngjae smirked as he threw his legs up on Daehyun’s desk.

“You should put this writing of yours to good use then. You have the makings of a great writer. It’s a shame that nobody will be able to understand what you wrote in that journal except me.” Daehyun smirked as he his lips.

“As I said before, I see everything. My journal is proof of that. Your obsession with me gets stronger each day, and it’s killing you inside, knowing that you can never have me.” Youngjae stated.

“If I wanted you as much as you claim, then I could easily have you. I could claim you right now. It’s so easy for me, Youngjae, to take what I want. It’s so easy to say the right things to someone and have them practically falling at your feet. I know I’ll have you falling at my feet one day just like the rest. You even admitted in your journal that you have feelings for me too. Now how do you think Minsu would react if he learned the truth about how you felt? Don’t forget Youngjae, that I see everything that goes on here as well. I’ve seen you sneak into his room every night and then leave before he wakes up. Admit it, Youngjae, you’re already falling for me, aren’t you?”

Youngjae gripped onto the armrests tightly as he watched Daehyun stand up and lean down to press their lips together. Their lips molded together, and Youngjae knew he was trapped.

Daehyun had Youngjae exactly where he wanted him, and Youngjae knew he would probably never come out of this alive. The way that Daehyun’s smooth hands rubbed against Youngjae’s made the feeling that much stronger, and when Daehyun pulled away, revealing a smirk on his face, it had Youngjae realizing that the elder knew he had won even before he began.

I will not give in to temptation, but temptation gave in to me.


A/N: It's a shame that some subscribers could not stick around for this chapter. It's okay, though, because the real story begins now. I've been waiting for ages to post this chapter right here, and it's the BIGGEST plot twist I've ever written before. I'm quite proud of this chapter. I hope I answered all of your questions; I'm going to explain what has happened up to this point so that you won't be confused. If you are still confused or have questions, please feel free to ask me in the comments below, and I will explain them to you. I've been dropping little hints in every chapter I post leading up to this one. I will say that chapters one through nineteen are everything Youngjae has written in his journal. Each of these chapters is symbolic and Youngjae views the "real world" characters as demons because of their cruel nature and intentions. No, Daehyun has never killed anyone. He is viewed as "killing" in Youngjae's journal because he forced Jiyong's friends to transfer to another place for unknown reasons, and since Youngjae lives here, he can never see his brother Youngwon again because he is trapped here. Where is Youngjae trapped at? A mental institution where he has been since he was seven years old. I won't give away what his mental illnesses are, but Daehyun did mention some of them in this chapter. All of the people written in Youngjae's journal are in the mental institution. Feel free to guess what everyone's mental illnesses are, though. ;) Daehyun is Youngjae's corrupted therapist, and Yifei is an assistant at the institution. The rest of B.A.P will make appearances here very soon. All of the things written in Youngjae's journal are not real, such as the demons and killings. He writes them as such because he is an overly creative person in the words of Daehyun. Yes, Daehyun has a thing for Youngjae, and he'll do anything to have him. Yifei is having an affair with Daehyun, but more on that one later. Nothing is what it seems to be in this place, and as the story progresses, you'll see just how corrupted things are. Feel free to ask me questions if you don't understand anything or are confused about still. Comments and subscribers will always be welcome here. Thank you to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I love you all, and thanks for the support you continue to show me. ^_^