Part Three

China Doll

Kim Dasom was a beautiful young woman with a very refined taste. She lived in the heart of Seoul with all of the world’s material items at her disposal. Her beauty had eligible bachelors from all over the world, stopping by hoping to catch a glimpse of the fair Goddess that seemed to attract so much attention, but even the Goddess had horrible secrets.

 

 

 

A sleek black limousine pulled up in front of Dasom’s manor. As soon as the vehicle stopped, Daehyun quickly hopped out and looked around the manor with saddened eyes.

A young woman dressed in a black sequined mini dress with six-inch heels stepped onto the porch. Her long black hair was cascaded down her shoulder, and her almond eyes watched Daehyun like a hawk. She brushed a loose strand of hair out of her face with her freshly manicured fingers as she her glossy pink lips.

The woman walked gracefully towards Daehyun as she studied the way he presented himself in such dismay.

“The last time I saw you, Daehyun was five years ago, and you carried yourself highly,” Dasom stated as she motioned for the driver to leave.

Daehyun said nothing as he followed his aunt into her manor with heavy footsteps.

As soon as Dasom closed the door, she whipped around and glared at Daehyun.

“Your parents told me how you no longer speak ever since your brother died. Such a shame about your younger brother; he had such potential, unlike you. Things are going to be different now. You will speak to me when I am talking to you, and you will do everything that I tell you. Do I make myself clear?” Dasom questioned as she looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun replied with nothing, but silence and silence were received with a hard slap across the face. Tears welled up in his eyes as he pressed his hand against his cheek where it stung. He wondered if Youngjae felt like this when Daehyun had slapped him.

“I do not take kindly to silence. I will break you in every way possible until you are molded into exactly what I want you to be, and if you fail to obey me, then there will be consequences.” Dasom hissed before she walked off.

One of the maids that Daehyun brought with him came rushing to his side.

“Young master, are you alright?” The woman questioned as she looked at his face.

Daehyun just nodded to the maid as she continued to look at him with concern.

“I’ll run to the store and pick up some ointment for that nail mark on your cheek, young master. Forgive me, but she had no right to do that to you.” The maid whispered as she watched tiny drops of blood run down Daehyun’s cheek.

Daehyun could feel nothing at this point. No pain. No anger. No sadness. He felt empty inside. He would take whatever his aunt would dish out to him as his punishment for killing his brother.

If death came to him, then he would gladly welcome the man with open arms.

 

 

 

Youngjae hated going grocery shopping alone. It was such a hassle when everyone in the house liked different things and liked them in a particular way. Himchan was obsessed with coffee, and Yongguk was obsessed with ramen. Even Youngjae took a liking to anything dessert related.

He walked down the aisle where they kept ointments and first-aid related items. Skating was obviously not his thing, and each day he would come home with scratches and bruises on his body as he had a huge smile on his face talking about how he got each one.

Youngjae’s breath suddenly caught in his throat as he spotted a familiar figure staring at him with wide eyes.

“Y-young master?” The maid asked hesitantly.

The maid rushed over to Youngjae before he could even think about escaping and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

“Young master! You are alive! How are you here?” The maid asked as tears began to run down her face.

“Bom, why are you here? How did you find me?” Youngjae asked in a panic as he quickly grabbed her hand and led her to a secluded part of the store.

“Young master Daehyun was sent here by your parents’ request. He is staying with your aunt Dasom. He hasn’t been the same since your death. He feels guilty for it. How are you alive, though, young master? Daehyun will be happy to know that you are alive and well.” Bom said in a rush.

Youngjae’s eyes widened, and his heart skipped a beat at the mention of Daehyun’s name, but he had to be strong.

“Bom, I’m sorry, but you can’t tell Daehyun or our parents that I’m alive. I can’t explain what happened to you right now. If you want an explanation, then meet me tomorrow at three at the park not far from here. Just promise me that you won’t tell them. Promise me, Bom.” Youngjae pleaded as he grabbed both of Bom’s hands in his own.

“I promise, young master, but I fear for Daehyun. Dasom is not a nice woman. She hurt him, and who knows what she’s doing to him right now.” Bom whispered as her eyes began to well up.

“I am sorry, Bom, but I cannot face Daehyun right now. Please be there for him when I cannot. Do this for me, please. I’ll explain everything tomorrow. Please do this for me, Bom; that’s all I ask of you.” Youngjae whispered back.

“Very well then, young master. I will do as you ask. I will try my best to meet with you tomorrow.” Bom stated as she let go of Youngjae’s hands and walked away, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Youngjae watched Bom walk off with a heavy heart. He couldn’t stop thinking about Daehyun and what he was doing right now.

 

 

 

Three long weeks had passed by, and nothing but the sound of a whip hitting skin could be heard.

Daehyun wore nothing but a pair of loose black sweatpants as leather had bound him to the ceiling of the bed-chamber that belonged to his aunt. His once flawless skin was covered in scratches that had blood seeping out of them. Dasom held the whip in her hand and smirked as Daehyun cried out in agony as the prongs dug into his flesh, causing fresh wounds.

“This is what happens when people defy me. Have you had enough yet, Daehyun? Are you finally ready to speak to me?” Dasom smirked as she clutched the whip tightly in her hands.

Daehyun’s head hung low as the pain coursed through his entire body. He felt weak and powerless as he hung above the ground. How long had it been since his last meal? How much longer would he have to live with the torture his aunt delivered to him?

The whip kissed his flesh as he cried out in pain. Blood poured out from his wound as the prongs dug deeper into his flesh than they had before. He was starting to lose consciousness as he slowly lifted his head.

His eyes began to flutter shut as he saw the image of Bom running with some young man into the room with shock and worry on both of their faces.

Daehyun smiled as he thought he saw the image of Youngjae standing before him with a look of worry and anger written across his face.

“Y-Youngjae.” Daehyun croaked out as he smiled a little.

His head drooped, and he closed his eyes as he let the darkness consume him.


A/N: I decided to speed up the story a little so that it wouldn't go on forever. Don't expect a happy reunion for DaeJae. Comments and subscribers are always very welcome here. Thank you all that have subscribed, commented, and voted up this story. Thank youuuuuu!!! ^_^