Part XXVIII

All I Wanted is To Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors Note: Greetings!!! Hows everyone? Sorry for the long wait for an update. Been busy with work and whatnot in life so I wasn't able to write any update this past few month. This chapter has been sitting here for ages now and I'm just so lazy and busy to edit it and add some more info. Anyway, so here's the final chapter. ;) Actually, I wasn't expecting to write this longer than 5-8 chapter..but well' look at that..I reach 30 slides. ;) This ending might not according to what I plan but I hope, this will do for now.

 

As they drove through Seoul, both women remained silent as the neon images lining the roadway flashed past them. Taeyeon found Tiffany's quiet reflective mood a bit disconcerting. The girl she had known for more than seven years now had been a constant chatterbox. She added this observation to her growing list of things that she loves about her. Since that morning she'd told her the plan she has on mind Tiffany became quiet. She did agree to her and told her that she’ll be brave to face the Board of Directors and tell them what she wanted, but deep inside she knew that Tiffany is scared. Scared of what will happen if they didn’t allow her to break the ties between her and Nickhun. But, she made herself prepared for this one. She’ll make sure that the board will agree to them. That Tiffany will be free.

 

Later that night.. She told her that she asked for a Board meeting through Sunny’s Uncle. Taeyeon didn’t even need to beg for help because Sunny is so willing to ask her Uncle as well to convince the Board that this dating issue between her member needs to stop now especially that one of her members almost got seriously hurt. The old man agreed but didn’t promise them anything as he said that it is not just in his hand about the decision on their dating issue. Not unless they will give the Board very powerful deals that they couldn’t bargain to lose. Sunny’s Uncle told them the dirty side of the company. The main important thing is will the company benefit from it. They don’t care about the artist. So, he told them that they must play dirty as well, they need to outsmart them. Give them something that they couldn’t afford to lose. And so Taeyeon came up with the idea of telling them that they’ll quit if they didn’t hear them out. She came up with the idea and she consults it with her member. She doesn’t want Tiffany to feel that she’s just doing this because of her sake. Even though she’s the big part of this, she told her that this is the same solution she’ll come up if this happens to anyone of the member. Taeyeon couldn’t stop herself from smiling when she saw the reaction of the acting CEO Mr. Youngmin about the deal she bargains with the Board. Youngmin still tries to convince the Board that they can’t do that, that the Board wouldn’t allow them to just quit, but she made sure to level up her game. She prepares a signed document of all her member that they will all quit and change company if they continue the fake dating issue of their members. And so, she was able to convince the Board that they could lose a lot of money if they decided to change the company. Specially Yoona who has some offer into Chinese drama while Sooyoung and Seohyun who is also catching some director’s attention for them to join in their project. And Taeyeon herself who has the biggest fanbase in Japan and in Korea. With all these been said the board couldn’t argue enough and so they give in to their demands. Asking them to give them a couple of days before they announce the break-up of their dating scheme.

 

Present..

 

Tiffany couldn't believe the way that Taeyeon had jumped in to protect her. Taeyeon, her brave little warrior, had re-emerged. Tiffany was smiling as she recalled the murderous look in Taeyeon's eyes. ‘You think tying us up to a dating spree will help this company gets a lot of profit? Didn’t you learn enough? Lots of our fans express their disappointment on every dating spree you released because they could feel that there is something fishy about that. And you still pursue..so what happens? You lost a big profit with endorsers, for what’ just so you could gain some control over the other company as well? You need to stop this now or else we’ll quit! We had enough of this. We don’t care anymore if you wanted to disband us. We’d rather disband than allow anyone of us to get violated. So, it’s either you stop this, or will all quit.,’ That’s what she said in front of those people who is doubled or even tripled our aged. ‘Some things never change,' Tiffany thought with pride. Despite the fact that Tiffany stood a good half a foot taller, since the first day they'd met Taeyeon had always acted like Tiffany's protector. Tiffany laughed as once again the images of their first encounter flashed through her mind.

"What's so funny?" Taeyeon inquired quizzically.

"Just remembering the day, we met and how you shove a guy who try to make fun of my broken Korean," Tiffany explained merrily. "You had the same look in your eyes this afternoon."

"I still hate bullies," Taeyeon responded with a slight smile.

After that brief moment, silence once again filled the car. Tiffany was surprised that she didn't feel uncomfortable by the lack of conversation.

“Tae,.are you serious about what you told them a while ago?” Tiffany asked.

 

“I mean every word I said there,” Taeyeon respond.

 

“Even the disbandment thing?,” she look at Taeyeon. “What if they didn’t agree on freeing me and just asked us to disband or not to renew our contract? You shouldn’t put yourselves and the girls into that risk.” Tiffany said.

 

“I spoke to the girls about it. And they all agreed. And I’m confident enough that they will not allow us to disband..at least not this early. I told you, I wouldn’t want to pursue a dream when I know that one of you might get hurt. My dream is useless if one of you got hurt in the process. I don’t want that.” Taeyeon said.

 

She felt good for the first time in a long time. She hadn't had the opportunity to fully cope with the events that had been sprung upon her in the last twenty-four hours. And now that she could stop and think, she felt good. While chasing her dreams Tiffany hadn't really taken the time to think about how their company had controlled her. In many ways, Tiffany had simply been wandering through her days with a strange sense of stagnation. She was simply following the road that their company was leading her down. Tiffany followed them blindly simply because she didn't want to jeopardize the first decision she'd ever done.

 

Now she was finally free. Closing the door on her life with lies and pretensions gave her back a strange sense of herself. Perhaps it was Taeyeon’s words that fuelled her newfound desire to get her life back.

Fany-ah, wouldn’t you want to live a life where no one can control your desire to explore? To fly? To risk? Tiffany had endured the pain of a mere follower once before only to emerge stronger.

 

Tiffany glanced over at Taeyeon who was watching the passing restaurants and hotels in fascination. The woman sitting next to her now clearly wasn't the girl who had been quiet and hide in her room; still, she had been that person once. Tiffany had a lot to think about. 'When did I decide to be restricted? To be caged? To just follow what others asked me to do? ' she wondered as the sense of relief continued to trickle through her body.

Tiffany caught a glimpse of Taeyeon smiling. The vision of her love sitting next to her with the gray skies passing behind her took her breath away. Tiffany couldn't help but notice that Taeyeon was not easy to read. Some people thought that she’s just plain, very transparent, what they didn’t know is it is just her superficial form. That if you look closely, Taeyeon is someone who isn’t easy to read. In front of the stage, she makes sure to be confident and full of life. However, when all spotlights are close, Taeyeon has a lot of things on her mind that sometimes even she has difficulties to understand.

 

Tiffany spotted the familiar pink and purple sign marking a Baskin Robins just up ahead. "Baskin!" Taeyeon exclaimed gleefully as she taps their manager to pulled into the parking lot. "Oppa, can you stop for a while? I wanted to have some.”

 

“What?! But it’s freezing already outside.” Their manager said.

 

“But we haven’t eaten ice cream for a long time now. Please, Oppa.” Taeyeon beg.

 

“Alright’ but stay here’ I’ll get it for you. We can’t risk someone seeing both of you there.” He responds.

 

 

"We’ll be careful Oppa’ we’re fully covered anyway, and it seems like there only a few customers because of the weather." Tiffany interrupted him and smile at Taeyeon. Seeing a small glimpse of smile on Taeyeon’s face warmed her heart.

 

"Oppa’ please. We are not going to take that long." Taeyeon beg.

 

“Alright’ alright. But you need to fast’ Okay? 10mins max. If you’re not here in 10 min I’ll go there to fetch you.”

 

“Copy that’.” Taeyeon respond.

 

"Let’s go," Tiffany offered her hand for Taeyeon to reach

 

"Let’s go,” Taeyeon respond as she reaches Tiffany’s hand.

 

Tiffany couldn't hold back the smile as she watched the blonde bounce with excitement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter