"Care"

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Wild & y

You slumped down on your bed... while Jackson slumped down on his mattress. You shook the towel against your hair while Jackson placed his soaked snapback beside him. The two of you looked upwards, towards the ceiling of your rooms.

"You can't be sick..."

Those words repeated in your mind.

"What's your deal with me? You hurt my feelings and now you're making me feel better"

Those words repeated in his mind.

Your heart started beating fast and you placed your palm over it.

"I... I can't like him... I can't..." you said to yourself.

 

Mark entered the room and saw Jackson lying down, just zoning out.

"Where did you go to just now?" Mark asked.

"I just... handled the situation in the club," Jackson said.

Mark's eyes widened and he sat down on his mattress in front of Jackson.

"Yah! You could've been caught!" Mark nagged.

"I was careful, Hyung. No one knew it was me... except the girl," Jackson said.

Mark relaxed his gaze and leaned away from Jackson.

"A girl?" He asked and Jackson nodded.

Mark rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

"Jackson... You know we can't..." Mark said carefully.

Jackson sat back up and smiled slightly at Mark.

"I know we can't date or have girlfriends... Don't worry, she and me... We just don't see eye to eye anyway. We're from two completely different worlds," Jackson said sadly.

TIMESKIP: NEXT MORNING

"Good Morning, Haneul!!!" JB exclaimed as he went in the cafe.

She looked up and saw Got7 strolling in, Jackson at the back. You two made eye contact and quickly looked away. All of a sudden, JB grabbed your wrist and stared at the bruise on it. You got it when your boyfriend had yanked you out of the club and shoved you against the wall.

"Who. Did. This?" JB asked firmly.

You slipped out of his grip and placed your hand behind you.

"I just..." you said.

You looked to the side at a slight angle and saw that Jackson was also looking at you.

"Please... Say that it was that jerk..." Jackson thought to himself.

"I just hurt myself. Its nothing..." you lied.

JB sighed knowing that you were lying while Jackson rolled his eyes and sat down at his seat.

"Haneul... I'm your brother, if anyone is hurting you then you have to tell me even if its that boyfriend of yours," JB said.

You smiled and nodded before making the drinks they ordered.

A few minutes later, you came to their table and served their drinks. At that moment, the door of the cafe swung open and your boyfriend came in, some bruises on his neck and a cut at his bottom lip.

"O... Oppa..." you stuttered.

"Haneul ah... I just wanted to say that I'm sorry," he apologized.

He gave you a peck on your forehead and Jackson without realising gritted his teeth. His blood began to boil as he glared at you and your boyfriend.

"Okay... Don't... Don't do it again," you said.

Jackson stood up, making his chair fall back onto the floor. It made a loud sound and everyone stared at him. He glared at you and then your boyfriend.

"I lost my appetite..." Jackson said through gritted teeth.

With that, he walked past you and went out.

TIMESKIP: AT NIGHT...

"We're feeling good tonight..."

Jackson was alone in the dance room, practicing the dance routine for Good Tonight. He took of his jacket, just wearing his white tank top that was now almost see through since he was sweating buckets. Just then, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" he said, panting.

You opened the door and popped your head in.

"Oh... Its you," Jackson said, sounding annoyed.

He walked towards the radio and turned the music off. He turned around and saw that you were standing in front of him. You had a box in your hand and you handed it to him.

"What's this?" He asked.

"Just open it..." you said.

He did and saw that it was a snapback. It was black with green bold letters at the front that said, SWAG. He looked at you questioningly.

"Your snapback must be soaked. I felt guilty so I bought you a new one. I tried finding the same one but it was sold out online," you said.

He wore it backwards and placed the box on the table.

"No... Um... Its fine. You didn't have to..." Jackson said.

The two of you stood awkwardly in front of one another for a few moments.

"Well, I guess I should leave..." you said.

"Wait! Um... I'm sorry for storming out just now..." Jackson said.

"Oh... No, its um... I understand why you'd do that so its fine," you said.

"Ugh... Wait!" Jackson said again.

"I don't think you know why I stormed out," he said.

"It was because you were frustrated that I would still forgive him even how many times he was unfaithful. Yeah, I know," you said.

"No... That's... not the reason," Jackson said slowly.

You raised an eyebrow and your heart started beating fast.

"Then, why?" you asked.

"I... I'm starting to care... about you," he stuttered.

"Care?" You asked.

"Yeah... Care," he said vaguely.

There were mant different kinds of "care" and you couldn't help but think which he meant.

"Care..." you thought to yourself.