A Brother's Love

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Wild & y

Flashback 1 (When JB and you were 5 years old)

"Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!!!"

JB turned around and saw you toddling over to him. Your mother just finished dressing you up. You were wearing a pink dress and pigtails in your hair with a bow headband just above your bangs. JB smiled brightly and showed two thumbs up.

"Wahhh... Pretty!!!" JB exclaimed.

Later on in school...

JB got back from the toilet and saw you bawling your eyes out, your face red from all the crying. He ran over to you and squatted down.

"Haneul ah... Why?" he asked.

"Aghhh!!!! Hyuri pulled my hair and took my bow!!! Painful!!!" you cried.

JB furrowed his brows and went over to Hyuri. He snatched the bow away and pinched her arm... real hard. (Lol sorry... imagining lil' JB doing this for his dongsaeng is just cute in my opinion XD) Hyuri started crying as well and you stopped crying, shocked when you heard another child cry.

"Why did you take my dongsaeng's things and pull her hair?! You're mean! Leave, my Haneul alone!" JB argued.

With that, he came back to you and gave you your bow. He held your hand and pulled you up. He smiled brightly and wiped your tears away.

"When we go back home, we can ask Omma to tie your hair again. Okay?" he asked.

You sniffled and nodded.

Back at home...

You heard your brother crying in his room. Hyuri had complained to her father and her father had complained to my parents directly. JB was being whipped at his calves, a normal form of punishment in Korea. He came out to the living room, wiping away his tears so that you wouldn't see him cry... since he's your Oppa. He sat on the sofa and you climbed onto it and sat beside him. You wiped away the remaining tears on his face.

"Why didn't you tell Omma and Appa why you did it? They wouldn't have hit you then," you said.

"No! I don't need to explain why I'm supposed to protect my Haneul," JB argued, pouting at the end.

"Stubborn!" you nagged.

You took a look at his calves and sighed.

"Oppa... Why did you do it? You knew if you did that Appa will get mad," you said.

"Because I'm your oppa and you're my dongsaeng, my Haneul," JB answered simply.

 

So whenever JB comforted you as the two of you grew up, whenever you asked why he would protect you, he'd always say, "Because I'm your oppa and you're my dongsaeng, my Haneul...". That never changed... until well, recently.

JB woke up the earliest to wake up the rest as per usual. He walked into every room and called out everyone's name... then he reached JR's room.

"Haneul ah... Wake up," he said sleepily.

Confused, JR woke up and looked at JB.

"Its me... JR," JR said.

JB rubbed his eyes and nodded.

"Ah... Yeah, I know that..." he said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

He walked out the room. JR has been JB's best friend for more than 4 years so he could read him like a book and he knew... JB missed you with his whole heart.

Everyone was eating fried chicken and pizza for breakfast. Ever since you left, everyone just ate quietly or even when someone spoke it was to pass the chilli sauce packet. JB looked over at Jackson who was just eating solemnly.

"How's..." JB spoke up and everyone looked at him.

"How's Haneul?" he asked, not making eye contact with Jackson.

"... She's been better," Jackson answered.

JB just nodded and everyone resumed eating.

"It was a mistake introducing her," JB confessed.

"Yah! Im Jaebum..." JR said.

"Why do you hate me and Haneul being together so much? We love each other, shouldn't you be happy and support us?" Jackson asked angrily.

"Seriously, if this topic is starting again, I want to eat in my room," Mark said coldly.

"Hyung, aren't you being too selfish?" Youngjae provoked bravely.

"Mark hyung has a point," Yugyeom said.

"Kim Yugyeom, did you forget everything Noona did for you? Making you food every morning before you go to school? Are you so blinded by anger that you don't remember?" Youngjae asked.

"All she did in the past means nothing now," Yugyeom said.

"Noona! You call her Noona! We call her Noona! What's wrong with you?" Bambam scolded.

Bambam stood up and looked down at Yugyeom.

"Its like I don't even know you anymore," Bambam said, tears in his eyes that Yugyeom saw.

Slowly, everyone stood up and went back into their rooms, leaving Jackson and JB alone, sitting on the floor.

"Haneul said that everyone else could leave her except me," Jackson said.

JB scoffed and nodded.

"You must feel good then," JB said coldly.

"... But I know she's lying... Just like how you're lying now," Jackson said.

JB grabbed the pizza boxes while Jackson grabbed the fried chicken buckets.

"I don't know what you're talking about," JB said emotionlessly.

Jackson followed JB to the kitchen to put the leftover food in the fridge.

'"JB yah... I know you still care about her and she definitely cares about you," Jackson said.

"If she cared then---" JB argued halfway.

"She's at home, lying down on her bed as we speak," Jackson interupted.

JB stared at him with widened eyes.

"... She got beaten up by some fans... they even came to your parents' house. She wouldn't let anyone else see her except for me... even your mother. She needs her brother right now," Jackson persuaded but JB shook his head stubbornly.

"No... This time, she has to do it on her own without me," JB said... not actually meaning it.

LATER ON... AT NIGHT...

"Tuk, tuk, tuk..." someone knocked on the door to your parents' house.

Your mother opened the door and smiled when she saw her only son, JB, standing in front of her.

"Omma... Hello..." JB said.

Your mother pulled him in for a hug. She hadn't seen him for a long time so she missed him so much. After awhile, she let go.

"My son... Why are you here?" she asked.

"... Ha--- Haneul..." JB stuttered shyly.

Everyone in the family knew how stubborn JB was but when he gives in, he turns so shy that everyone would just forget his stubborness and see his cuteness instead.

"Ah... She's in her room... You should go talk to her," she said.

JB walked into the house and the first thing he saw were the picture frames around the house... memories. Many of them showed you and JB when you two were still children. It was in an order from youngest to oldest. So as JB walked along the short aisle that led to your room, it was like taking a trip down memory lane. Then the last photo was of you and JB at the Got7 dorm with the rest and he realised one thing... How much he missed you near him. He finally reached your door.

"Haneul?" he called out.

Your swollen eyes fluttered open when you heard that familiar voice. You stumbled over to the door but you didn't open it.

"Haneul... I know you're in there. Can I see you?" JB asked as he started to sniffle.

You felt tears sting your eyes but you just weren't ready to see him again. So you didn't answer.

"I'm sorry, Haneul... I really am. I promised you a lot of things and as a brother I should've been... I shouldn't have left and I'm sorry. It was just that I was so angry but I want you to know that... I miss you," JB said.

With a heavy heart, he turned away... until he heard the door creak open.

"Why did you come back?" you asked.

He turned around and gasped slightly at your condition.

"Why come back?" you asked again.

"Because I'm your oppa and you're my dongsaeng, my Haneul..." JB answered simply like many times before.

His familar words touched your heart. Your lips started to trembled and your tears started to flow. You ran towards him and hugged him, burying your face in his shirt.

"I am so sorry, Haneul... I am so sorry..." JB stuttered as he started crying as well.

He hugged you back protectively, making sure he wouldn't ever leave you to face the world alone again.