Stronger and Braver

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Wild & y

The cafe employed you again after a few months, during that period, other than not getting over Jackson, you've been doing fairly well. Your neighbours were friendly and invited you to their houses almost every weekend for their neighbourhood barbeque, sometimes you'd even invite the rest of Got7... but Jackson wouldn't come of course. You learned to ignore the people around you who were talking mean stuff behind your back. You became stronger without you even realising it.

It was a Sunday and you were wiping the table tops when a group of girls walked in. You looked up and saw that it was Hyuri and her group of friends. You sighed when you heard them laugh when they saw you.

"Well, isn't it, Im Haneul... The Ex- Girlfriend of Jackson Wang," Hyuri taunted.

"What do you want, Hyuri?" you asked firmly making the girls woah sarcastically.

"Wah... You actually talk now! Back then you couldn't even utter a word once I enter into the same room as you," Hyuri said.

"If you're not going to order, then, please leave," you said emotionlessly.

"Yah... Since when can someone like you order people like me around?" Hyuri asked arrogantly.

"People like you?" you quoted.

"You mean people like you who think they're at the top of the world just because they're born beautiful? People like you who think its okay to hurt others who don't have what you have. You see... People like you don't deserve any form of respect from me so yes, I can order you around if I want to. Besides, I have my manager on speed dial so I can call him and say that you and your group oof friends are creating trouble for me and he'd make some arrangements for you all," you said bravely.

Hyuri and the rest of her friends scoffed.

"Are you kidding me? An ugly thing like you wouldn't do that," Hyuri said coldly.

"You know, Hyuri... I used to think I was ugly... but... someone kept on telling me otherwise... until he was got frustrated at me..." you said smiling to yourself..

"So I don't care what you or what other people think of me. As long as at least one person in this world thinks I'm beautiful... I'm going to believe that I am and people like you can just.... FREAK off," you said, smiling brightly, relieved to be able to stand up for yourself.

Hyuri and her gang gasped and all of a sudden, a round of applause coulld be heard.

"BRAVO!" JB exclaimed at the door.

Embarassed, Hyuri and her gang left the cafe... and you had a pretty good feeling that they weren't going to bother you anymore. JB approached you with a brotherly smile on his face. He shook his head and laughed.

"I knew you had it in you," JB said.

"Ah~ It feels so good and refreshing to stand up for myself..." you sighed.

"Haneul?" JB called out suddenly, in a serious tone.

"Hm?" you said.

"Jackson... is probably leaving..." JB said.

Your expression changed and you bit your lip slightly.

"Where might he be going?" you asked.

"Back to Hong Kong. He said the stress has been getting to him and he misses his family, friends and doing fencing... but he isn't sure yet... You okay?" JB asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I am... I mean if that's what he wants then... he should go for it, right?" you said.

"I guess so..." JB said, shrugging, expecting a different reaction from you.

"Oppa, letting him go... Its the right thing to do right?" you asked.

"Its the right thing only if you feel comfortable with it," JB answered and you just nodded.

"Do you think I should chase him?" you asked.

"Honestly, Haneul... I don't know but I can say this... You smile the brightest with him around but you cry the hardest as well," JB said.

"Yeah... That's the problem," you sighed.

JB smiled reassuringly at you.

"You'll figure it out... You're slow like me... but you'll figure it out in the end," he said.

"Okay then, I got to go for my schedule. See you okay?" he said and you waved at him before he left the cafe and disappeared into the JYP building.

 The whole day, all you could think about was Jackson... wondering what if he hadn't came to Korea... wondering what if he had been just another normal person instead of an idol... wondering what if he left. Just the thought of him leaving and never able to hear from him frightened you... but you were also afraid if you did meet him. What then? Angry fans, Got7 would be less popular and you were going to get hurt again. Later on that day, when you were cleaning up the cafe, Mark came.

"Oh! Oppa!" you exclaimed and as usual, he smiled at you.

"How are you doing, Haneul?" he asked politely.

"Everything has been going well. How about you?" you asked.

"Me?... I'm sad today..." he answered.

"Oh? Why?" you asked as you wiped the last table.

"Jackson has decided to leave Korea..." Mark said suddenly.

You stopped wiping and you felt a sudden, sharp pain in your chest when you heard that.

"He told us in the afternoon today," Mark continued saying.

"Uh... Oh, ah..." you responded.

"Can I just... say something?" Mark said and you nodded.

"Jackson always loved laughing and I realised he laughed way more when you were near him. Then when you weren't around anymore, it was like he forgot how to laugh again. So I asked him a few days ago, "How come you don't laugh anymore?". Do you know what he said?" Mark said and you shook his head.

"He said, "Because I hear Haneul's laugh whenever I laugh. Whenever I want to laugh, it makes me realise that she isn't with me anymore and then I'd want to cry." Jackson said that," Mark cobtinued saying.

Your vision started getting blurry because of the tears that were welling up in your eyes.

"Jackson... loves you more than he has ever loved anyone else in his life. You know why? Out of all the selfless things he has done, letting you go to keep you safe was the hardest thing he has ever had to do. However, he did it it anyway because he loves you more than he loves himself," Mark said.

"I'm scared of living without him... but I'm also afraid of living with him," you sighed as you started to shed tears.

"Everyone's scared of something... but sometimes, everything you want is on the other side of fear and you have to be strong enough and brave enough to get what you want," Mark said.