The Storm

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Wild & y

You were taking your usual night stroll around the park that was located in the housing estate. The sky was so clear that you loved looking up and seeing the stars twinkle. Just then, while looking up, someone held your hand. You turned to the side and saw Jackson. His hoodie was up and he was wearing a black snapback underneath so that he wouldn't be recognised if there were people around.

"Can't you walk around in tbe morning like normal people? You walk around when people are going to sleep," Jackson complained.

"That's why I go out at night..." you said.

Jackson looked at you, confused. You sighed.

"Whenever I go out, I feel people staring at me... critisizing me in their heads or with their friends. I walk around at night because I know there wouldn't be anyone around to do that," you explained, a hint of sadness in your voice.

"Oh..." Jackson said, not knowing what else to say.

"You have this charm, Jackson Wang," you said.

"What? My handsomeness?" He teased making you shoved him lightly.

"You have this charm that makes people trust you. People can always count on you," you said.

Then you heard him sigh and you realised something was up.

"Jackson, I told you everything... Its your turn," you said.

"Me? I was from Hong Kong... I started fencing at a young age---" he said halfway.

"No, no, no... I mean YOU. What do you like to eat? What's your favourite colour?" You said.

Jackson looked at you for a long time. No one has ever asked him that before. Usually when they do they want the significant stuff... but they never were really interested about HIM.

"No one... asked me something like that before..." Jackson said, in awe that you were the first one to ask.

"Well... There is always a first, right?" you said, a smile on your face.

Jackson smiled at you and shook his head, laughing slightly.

"You... are so special, Im Haneul," Jackson said.

"My name is Jackson Wang. I like fencing but I like music too. I also love to dance although I don't think I'm that good at it. I really, really love dumplings, I could eat them all day, every day. I hate spicy food, just... ugh. Well, what else... Well, I love you," Jackson said.

You smiled at his last sentence and shook your head smiling like how Jackson did before.

"You probably hear this a lot... but you're special too," you said.

"Can I tell you something?" Jackson said, not able to keep his feelings in anymore.

"Sure, you can tell me anything," you said.

"... I don't want that charm... That charm that makes people trust and rely on me," he said.

"Why?" you asked.

"People depend on me too much... Sometimes... I mean I'm more than happy to help people out and make them happy but sometimes... that means sacrificing my happiness as well. Honestly, sometimes I just feel like escaping, like running away. But if I do that then I'd let everyone down," he said.

You looked closer and saw that he was crying. You placed your hand on his shoulder and the both of you stopped.

"Look at me, Jackson Wang," you said and he did.

"You may not be able to run away... but you can escape by being with me. The moment you feel like its too much... Come to me. Jackson, I'll always be here for you," you said.

In a heartbeat, he pulled you in for a hug. He leaned his forehead on your shoulder and cried into your jacket, leaving stains.

"Promise you'd always be here for me?" Jackson mumbled.

"Promise..." you answered.

Turned out that Jackson wasn't what you thought. He was fighting his own battles... just like you were. The difference was that now you had people backing you up... all he had was you.

TIMESKIP: NEXT MORNING...

You were at the cafe again, you had the morning shift. Just then, a group of girls entered the cafe.

"Wahhh... THAT GIRL IS LUCKY HER FACE CAN'T BE SEEN! IF I KNOW WHO SHE IS, I'D GIVE HER A PIECE OF MY MIND!" one of the girls said in a frustrated tone.

The girls then approached the cashier, where you were at.

"Unni~ Do you know Got7? They work just in front of the cafe," one of then asked.

"Hm? Ah... Yes, they come down to the cafe sometimes," you said.

"Unni, if you see Jackson oppa with a girl, PLEASE TELL US WHEN WE COME BY NEXT TIME!" another girl said and the rest nodded.

"Girl?" you asked.

"No... Can't be..." you thought to yourself.

"I saw a photo!!! It was Jackson oppa hugging a girl. We can't see his face but the guy in the picture has the same shoes and same snapback as him! We can't see the girl's face either since they were hugging! The photo was shot from the girl's back view so that's why we could see some of the guy's features," the girl explained.

"HUH?!" you gasped.

MEANWHILE...

"Jackson... Its not you, right?" JR asked.

"Of course its not me!" Jackson lied.

Youngjae just kept silent.

"Well as long as it isn't him then we don't have to worry," Mark said calmly... believing Jackson without a doubt.

JB continued looking at Jackson.

"Jackson... Are you sure that this guy isn't you?" JB asked seriously.

"It really isn't me," Jackson said simply.

"Okay then... We don't have to worry about anything," JB said.

"Well... Lets all get ready, we have IGot7 filming today," JB continued saying and everyone was getting ready.

Youngjae walked slowly beside Jackson.

"Hyung... What happens if there's another photo and this time either you or Noona's face is captured?" Youngjae asked quietly but worriedly.

Jackson just shook his head, trying not to think about it.