Chapter 2

The Demigods

“Eonnie!”Jimin had screamed on top of her lungs as she ran towards Suzy who had just entered the building. She gave Suzy a bear hug. They giggled like little girls. “Hey. I missed you, you my lovely dongsaeng.”She said. She looked around. “Where’s Yerin?”Suzy asked. “With Namjoon oppa.”A sly smile appeared on Jimin’s face. Suzy smirked. Yerin had been dating Namjoon (Rap Monster) for 3 months now. “I get the picture. So when is Yerin coming back?”She asked.

“Soon. Maybe after half-an-hour or so. Why?” Jimin asked. “Since I come bearing gifts for the both of you.”Suzy replied, holding out a tiny gift bag in front of Jimin. Jimin laughed. “Yay. You’re the best, eonnie. I wish Jackson could learn from you.” she joked. “I am going to give it to you only when Yerin comes, alright?”She said. Jimin nodded and took her to the practice room where they waited patiently for Yerin to come.

*30 minutes later*

Yerin came rushing in to the room, out of breath. “Hello, eonnie.”She bowed politely to Suzy.  “How’s my favorite dongsaeng doing?”Suzy asked teasingly. “Hey!”Jimin yelled. “I am just joking. Both of you are my favorite.” she smiled. “Here you go.” she handed out the gifts and like the cute kids they are, they got the box out of the bag and tore off the wrapping paper, itching to know what their big sister had gotten for them. “Oh my god. Silver bracelets. Thanks a lot. This is awesome.”Jimin praised in awe of the beautiful silver bracelets for her and Yerin. Suzy burst out laughing.

They put it on. “It looks so pretty on my wrist. Thank you, eonnie.”Yerin smiled slightly at the older girl. Suzy smiled. She knew Yerin. She was polite and shy unlike Jimin who was loud and 4-D. Suzy took a deep breath. Now, the hard part. “Yerin-ah, Jimin-ah, I have to tell you two something.”Suzy said. “Do you know about the Greek gods?”She asked. “Yeah, we do. We learn about Greek mythology at school. Major bore, if you ask me.”Jimin said.

Thunder rumbled across the sky. “Don’t say that.”Yerin chided. “I think its fun.” she added. “Okay…So, what if this thing which we call a myth is real? What if gods were real? What if we were demigods?”Suzy rambled, scaring the two younger girls. “Eonnie, are you okay? You seem tense.”Yerin asked, worried. She told everything about what had happened to her in New York. When she was done, the two girls were shocked out of their minds.

“It can’t be…I am not a demigod. I can’t be a demigod. My birth father died in a car accident….”Yerin rambled. Suzy sighed. She couldn’t really blame her. She was still in the state of surprise as well. Jimin, on the other hand, looked happy and excited. “I knew it. I knew that my father was still out there. Eonnie, you gave me the best news ever.” she squealed. She turned to leave. “Wait! Where are you going?”Suzy asked. “To study about Greek gods. Maybe I’ll get some clues to who my dad is.” she laughed as she skipped out of the practice room merrily.

“At least, Jimin took it well. Now I have to do something about Yerin.”She thought as she looked at Yerin who was obviously distraught. “Yerin-ah…”Suzy said softly as she took the younger girl’s hand. “Eonnie, my mom told me that my dad died in a car accident. How could she lie to me?-”she faltered as her voice broke. She was putting on a brave front but her eyes threatened to cry.

Suzy patted Yerin’s hand. “She did it for your own good, Yerin. Imagine that she did tell you about your father. What could you’ve done about it?”Suzy reasoned. Yerin nodded. “Come with me and Jimin to Camp Half-blood. We’ll find out who your father is, okay?”She gave her a comforting smile and they hugged. “Thank you, eonnie. I will go. I need to think of a way to tell oppa though.” she mumbled.

Suzy smiled. “It’s okay. He’ll know. He’s also coming with us.” she revealed. Yerin giggled which seemed out of character, but nonetheless cute. “All the more reason for me to go.” she squealed. Suzy laughed. “Okay, now. Go and find Jimin, Yerin-ah. I think she’s going crazy about Greek mythology.” She joked.

Yerin nodded. She got up and went in search of Jimin who was busy flipping through the pages of her book. They started to argue.  Suzy smiled. “They’re so cute.” she thought.

*At SM HQ*

Lay was experiencing his weird dreams again. Due to his nightmares, he couldn’t get enough sleep. He was a zombie. He couldn’t concentrate on whatever he was doing-whether it was dancing, singing or…you know what I mean.  “Hyung, I think you should get some sleep.”Kai said, worried. The other members nodded. He slept on the couch while the others practiced dancing for a performance.

The good thing he slept quickly. The bad thing was his nightmares began.

Nightmare

Lay was in the practice room alone. s were missing. He dismissed it thinking that they went out to eat. Just then, as he turned to leave, he saw Kris with a sinister grin on his face. “Hello, Yixing.”Kris growled. Lay gulped. “K-Kris, what are you doing here?”He asked, stammering. “Well, to take you, of course. My lord would be pleased to see your body, worm. Along with that of the other two’s. .”Kris replied in a voice that wasn’t his.

“Huh? Why? Why do you need me? And who are the other two?”He asked rambling like a man under ecstasy. “QUIET!”Kris yelled. “Let me have the pleasure of killing you.”Kris grinned. He then grabbed Lay by the neck with one hand and lifted him up from the ground. He tightened his grip on Lay’s neck. Lay almost out when Kris/the monster bellowed in pain.

He let go of Lay who took deep breaths as he saw the monster and a girl with intense blue-gray eyes and light brown hair. She looked familiar but he couldn’t guess. “Ah, the daughter of Zeus. My work has now become easier. Too bad I have to kill such a beautiful girl.” the monster grinned.  “We’ll see about that, beast. But for now let’s fight.” she said with a sweet smile as she took out a hairpin from her hair which turned into a sword.

He was in awe of her. She was beautiful…no, beautiful was an understatement. She was ethereal. And the way she fought the monster that now looked nothing like Kris, but just a seriously ugly and humongous creature with red eyes and a scary snarl bravely with unbelievable grace. She smiled in satisfaction as the monster roared in pain. “This is not the end, girl. You and Olympus shall pay!”He wailed as he turned to dust.

She turned to Lay. She helped him up and smiled. “Are you alright?”She asked concernedly. He was still in awe of the beautiful girl. He appraised her once more. She looked younger than him by 3 to 4 years at most. She was wearing a strapless white dress with a snow white cardigan and stockings, making her look like an angel. To his surprise, she was wearing heels considering that she had just fought a huge monster with amazingly unbelievable grace.

“What did Kris…I mean that monster want with me? And why did that monster call you the daughter of Zeus?”He asked. She just smiled and put her finger near his lips. Lay blushed. “You’ll find out soon enough.” she disappeared, her lilting laugh echoing in the darkness. Lay woke up with a start. He saw shadows looming over him. He looked up and he saw Tao and Kai along with Krystal and…Suzy from Miss A. What seemed strange was that she was wearing the same outfit as the girl in the dream. “No, it can’t be.” he thought.