Chapter 1

The Demigods

Chapter 1

Bae Suji, or the more referred to name, Suzy was in New York for a CF and photo shoot. She was in New York for a whole week and she had almost no time to enjoy the sights. She was currently doing a shoot in some huge building for some famous perfume brand. It was her last day. She was tired after the 5-hour-long shoot but she couldn’t complain. She chose to live the life and now she was living it. And she loved it. 

The overwhelming smell of perfume made her feel dizzy once again as she posed. “That’s a wrap for today. Thanks, Suzy. You did great.” the photographer said with a smile.  She smiled back and turned to go to her dressing room. She could feel the stares of all the men present on her. She was uncomfortable but she was used to it-even before her debut.

As she closed the door of her dressing room, she sighed with relief. She sat down in front of her dressing mirror, ran her fingers through her light brown locks and took off her brown contacts, revealing her beautiful, stormy blue-gray eyes. She sighed again, this time with frustration. “Why am I so different?”She thought. “My hair changes color every two seasons and my eyes…forget about my eyes.” she grumbled under her breath.

 She thought about her mother who was back in Korea. Whenever she asked her about her…uniqueness, she used to clam up and change the subject. She could understand about her eyes. It was combination of her parents’ eyes; her mother who although was Korean, had light blue eyes, while her estranged father had eyes the color of grey rain clouds on a heavy storm.

But what could explain her hair which changes every season?  She sometimes had black hair and then light brown. She thought again, this time about her father. The only thing which she has of him is a photograph. She looked at it every time when she was down to remind herself that her father was out there somewhere, living his life.

She remembered a trace of his beautifully warm smile and his intense grey eyes and… she remembered the way he looked at her mother. Full of love and adoration. And then he left…without a word. Suzy’s mother was shook up for a while but she raised her well and loved her more than anyone else in the world and she turned out really well.

Something landed on Suzy’s hand. She looked at the object. It was a tear. She had realized she was crying. She wiped off her eyes as she heard a knock on the door. “Coming.” she called. She stood up; put her contact lenses back on and walked up to the door. “It must be manager oppa.”She thought.

But to her surprise, it was a group of kids her age. The boys were staring at her. “Hello. What do you want?”She asked politely. “You.” a girl with intensely scary eyes had said menacingly. Suzy was a bit flustered and began to feel afraid. She got her phone and almost dialed security but then suddenly her whole world seemed to black out.

*An hour later*

Suzy woke up in some huge van. Her head was still spinning from the chloroform the large girl had muffled her with. “Where am I?”She thought. She got up slowly. “Oh, good. You’re up!” a voice had said. She was shocked and looked up to see a pretty girl who had beautiful grey eyes and blonde hair which was curled up like Cinderella’s. She moved back, trying to find a way out of the van but to no avail. “W-who a-a-are you g-guys?”She asked, stuttering. “Oh my god, she is so cute.” a cute guy squealed.

“Shut up, Travis.” the girl who had drugged her snapped. The boy immediately kept quiet. Just then, a handsome guy with black hair and green eyes sat in front of her. Their eyes met. They were mesmerized by each other. They were interrupted by the pretty blonde girl who coughed and glared at the guy which immediately brought him back to the real world. “Hello, Suzy.” the guy smiled. She smiled back at him.

Again, the girl coughed and glared. The guy looked away in fear and Suzy giggled. “I am Percy. Percy Jackson.” he said nervously. “The son of Poseidon.” he added. She was shocked. The son of Poseidon, the Greek god of the Seas? This guy must either be crazy or high. And considering the circumstances, he was both to her. “No offence, but are you FREAKING kidding me?”Suzy yelled. “The time’s too serious to be joking, Suzy.”The blonde had said seriously. “Okay, let us say that you are Poseidon’s son.” she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

“If you are, then what the hell do you want with me?”She asked, now getting angry. “Well, we don’t know.” a girl with blue eyes and spiky black hair had said sheepishly. She was shocked about two things; firstly, that a bunch of weird kids kidnapped her with no reason and secondly, how much the spiky-haired girl looked like her. “All we know is that we have to give you a mission.”Percy said. “Oh, please. Do tell.” she said again sarcastically.

“Well, you have to recruit some other demigods.” a blonde guy had said with a huge smile on his face. “By the way, I am a big fan. Would you sign my shirt?”He added, pointing to his shirt. Before she could respond, the girl gave him a jab to his ribs and a brunette glared at him.

“For the last time, there are no such things as demigods.” she yelled. “Oh, yes there are. We are a few and so are you.” another blonde guy had rhymed. Her mind reeled. How could she be a demigod? Her parents were human…right? “I know it’s a bit shocking. But you’ll get used to It.” the grey-eyed girl had comforted. “Who is my father?”Suzy asked hopefully. Maybe she would find answers from him. “We don’t know yet.”Percy had said. Immediately, her heart sank.

“I guess we’ll only know when you would recruit some other kids. Please, Suzy, if not for the sake of the gods and Olympus, at least do it for the sake of this world.” all of them pleaded. She edged away an inch. This was getting to be too much for her. The funny thing was that she also started to believe them. “Okay…”Suzy said softly. “Prove it.” she added.

“Prove what?”Percy asked. “Prove that you guys are….demigods.” she added in an even softer voice. Percy sighed. “Fine.” he said. “Annabeth, would you give me your knife?”He asked the grey-eyed girl. Annabeth, unsure on what he was about to do, gave him her knife. He then cut himself with it to the shock of everyone in the van.

Percy winced in pain. “Now, does anyone have some water?”He asked. Annabeth gave him a bottle of water. He poured it over the wound and to Suzy’s humongous surprise, his wound healed in an instant. “Now, do you believe us?”He looked at her pleadingly.

 She nodded meekly. “Great! Here’s the list of the demigods we do know about. By the way, I am Chris.” a cute Latino guy winked at her as he handed her a list, earning a death glare from the large girl. She held the list and read it carefully. She was shocked out of her mind. “What the…?! How on earth?”She said out loud.

“By any means, you have to get them to recruit, Suzy. We’re begging you.”Annabeth had said. She nodded again. Here she was stuck in a van with a group of crazy kids asking her to recruit K-pop idols and she was actually doing so.

“Okay. You’re free to go. See you after a month.” they said. She looked at them with a raised eyebrow. “Bwoh? A month? I need time.”She begged. They all shook their heads. “No can do, Suzy. This is the most time we have. We’re counting on you.” the blue-eyed girl had said. Suzy suddenly felt pressurized. She sighed. “Fine. Good day to you all.” she gave them a dazzling smile and got out of the van.

She inhaled the New York air and looked at the list. She felt a rush of feelings all at once; shock, pressure and fear. “First off, Jimin and Yerin.”She crossed off the names and hailed a taxi to the airport where her manager was waiting for her. She was late for her flight. “You have a lot of work to do, Suzy.”She thought.