Chapter 26

The Demigods

All of the warriors headed out to fight in possibly their biggest and last battle of their lives. Their cavalry of pegasi were circling the skies. There were about 150 of them most probably. They looked around the streets of Seoul. Citizens were sleeping peacefully in their spots. The ones who were idols and who knew Seoul since they were trainees were shocked. Seoul never slept. It was awake 24/7, bursting with life. The thought of their loud and busy home silent made their stomachs churn.

“Why aren’t the cars moving?”Sulli asked, noticing the stopping of the vehicles which usually moved with undyingly fast speed. “Morpheus, Hypnos and Hecate’s work. They cast a magic spell so powerful that only the people involved in this war are awake.”Krystal explained. The watcher came back down from the building, panting. “There’s trouble. Kronos has divided his army into several parts. They have spread out everywhere.”He said. “Well, we’re going to have to divide as well.”Suzy sighed. She turned to her comrades.

“Clarisse, Tao, Frank and Rap Monster, take the rest of the Ares and Mars cabins and fight off any monster that marches over at Gangnam. Piper, take the Aphrodite and Venus cabins to Myeongdong and seal it off. Will-”She was interrupted by the excited squeals of the Aphrodite and Venus kids. “Quiet.” she glared at them which immediately shut them up.

“Will, Jimin and Yerin, take the Seoul fortress wall and shoot down everything supernatural. The place has the highest vantage point. Nico, Hazel and Kai, raise a huge undead army and head over to the Mapo district, Percy and Lay, go to Incheon via the pegasi and sink all of their ships. Bellona, help out in Gangnam. Demeter, seal off the Banpo bridge over Han river, Athena and Hephaestus, take the Songpa and Seocho districts, Hermes, hide behind the Suraksan and Bukhansan mountains and attack, and all of the other cabins, take all of the other districts and fight.”Suzy instructed.

She sighed. They were still too short of people. Just then, they heard howls of wolves and screeches of falcons. They looked up and smiled in relief. Thalia waved at her two younger siblings as she flew in the silver chariot pulled by the silver reindeer. They touched down on the street where Thalia was greeted with hugs by her friends and siblings. The other Hunters, well considering that they weren’t trying to kill them, were quite receptive.

“Oh my god, eonnie. You’re here.”Suzy giggled. “How could I not be? You guys are here, fighting for your lives and if we’re just busy tracking down the monsters coming here, what use are we?”She asked with a laugh. “Well, it’s great that you’re here, sis. The number of Hunters has seriously grown. What is it? Fifty?”Jason looked at the Hunters dressed in their special silver hunting outfits and tried to count them. “There are sixty seven of us, actually. It’s all due to my radiating charm.”Thalia joked.

 She turned to Sulli and looked at her appraisingly. Then, she along with the other Hunters knelt on the ground in front of her in respect. Everyone looked surprised, especially Sulli. “My lady, it’s an honor to serve with you.”Thalia said respectfully. “Thank you…I like your circlet. Very pretty.”Sulli awkwardly complimented. “Thank you, my lady. We look up to your mother a lot. She rocks.”Thalia grinned. Sulli smiled.

“Okay, then. Ssul and Thal, subdivide and take the Hunters to the Hyperion Tower and 63 building and shoot down and stab all the harpies and dragons coming.”Suzy smiled. She then turned to her big brother and wrapped her arms affectionately around him. “Sibling power.”Suzy giggled, high fiving him. “Hey!”Thalia yelled. The two younger siblings laughed. “Fine. Maknae sibling power.”Suzy sighed with mock sadness. “I am going to get you two.”Thalia warned mockingly. “Okay. But let’s spread out now.”Suzy instructed.

The others nodded in agreement and spread out. Suzy and Jason turned to leave when Kai yelled, “Wait, Suzy.”She turned around, confused. Kai ran up to her and kissed her passionately. Suzy was shocked by the sudden kiss and embarrassed that her brother and his siblings were watching. “Yah, what was that for?”She asked, trying to stop Jason from killing the son of Hades. “The heat of the moment. And the fact I might never get to do that again.”Kai grinned, making Suzy blush.

“C’mon, Suzy. Let’s go.”Jason grabbed his sister’s hand, eager to get her away from Kai. “Bye, Bae Suji.”Kai yelled, waving his hand. Suzy smiled despite herself. “What a cute douche bag.”She thought, giggling.

-

Lay and Percy hopped on Guido and Blackjack and flew over to the Inchon seaport. “Do you think she’ll agree?”Percy asked. “I hope so. Otherwise, we’re doomed.”Lay said. “Okay. Let’s go in now.”Percy said. He dived into the water, followed by Lay. They looked around. It was clean and natural. “It’s beautiful.”Percy praised. “Korea’s eco friendly.”Lay explained.

Just then, they had heard hippocampi squealing. They turned around and saw the sea goddess guarding the Inchon Sea smiling at them. She was beautiful. She had brilliant blue green eyes with black hair and a serene smile. She had pale green skin with a scaly mermaid tail with two fins instead of legs. She had two tiny horns on her head which looked like crab pincers. “She looks like Amphitrite.”The two thought in unison. “Hello, what do you want?”The goddess smiled politely.

They were still in awe of her beauty, but they snapped out of their reverie. “Um, yes. My lady, we have a request.”Lay said. “Request? What kind of request?”She asked. “We need you to sink all of Kronos’ ships which are coming here.”Percy said. The goddess shook her head. “No, I can’t do that. My waters have been tainted too much. The Battle of Chemulpo Bay and the Battle of Incheon during the Korean War have caused the blood of innocent soldiers to fall in my waters. Monsters are no different than humans, my dears. So, I am sorry, I can’t help you.”She said sadly.

“Please. We beg of you. People will die if you don’t do this.”They pleaded. “I would’ve helped you two, but I’ve run out of sand dollars to clean my waters. Poseidon’s too busy with the war with Oceanus and Typhon to help me out.”She grumbled. Then, it dawned on Lay. He fished out the sand dollar his father had given him for his 23rd birthday that had happened three days ago. “My lady, if I give you this, would you help us?”Lay asked.

She smiled. “Yes, of course.” she nodded. Lay smiled back and swam up to the goddess and gave her the sand dollar. “Thank you, child. I shall help you in whatever way I can.”The goddess smiled. “Thank you, my lady.”Lay and Percy thanked. They swam back up to the surface and got out of the water. They watched in glee as all of the ships sailing on the Inchon Sea sink down below the surface. “That was awesome.”Percy laughed. Lay nodded.

 “Lucky I had the sand dollar with me, huh?”He asked. His younger brother nodded. “Yup. Now let’s go and kill some monsters.”Percy smiled as he got on Blackjack. Lay nodded and got on Guido. They flew back to Seoul where from below they saw an army of the undead being raised by Kai, Nico and Hazel.

-

“Do you think Dad will let us, Nico?”Kai asked unsurely. “I don’t know. Won’t he think it would be nice to see a temporarily free Underworld?”Nico asked. “Yeah, maybe. He is always complaining about the excessive costs.”Hazel pointed out.  “Okay, then. Let’s start.”Nico smiled. He started to murmur a Greek curse. Kai and Hazel joined in with him. Soldiers of every kind popped out of the ground. Soon, an army of thousands of undead Roman legionaries, American GIs and British Redcoats saluted and knelt in front of them.  

The three smiled at each other and then turned to their undead army. “Guys, follow us and kill every monster you see, okay?”Hazel instructed. They nodded. “Great! Let’s go.”The three yelled as they marched to the Mapo district, their army following them. They were right on time. They met with Kronos’ army which was marching up towards them. “Charge!”Kai yelled as they ran towards the enemy. War cries could be heard everywhere. They fought bravely and soon, the enemy retreated.

They then heard a storm approaching. Kai looked up and saw that Jason and Suzy, on their steeds Tempest and Jewel, were creating a gigantic ball of lightning. They had a perfect excuse as well. The typhoon which was actually Typhon in disguise was ravaging Asia, so whatever damage occurred during this war, they could blame it on him. The two then released the ball and threw it towards downtown Seoul. A huge explosion occurred and they heard the moans of monsters as they turned to dust.

They flew back down gently. “Well, I have just gotten reports that we have sealed off Seoul from those monsters with no casualties.”Suzy smiled happily. “A victory for today, Suzy.”Jason said. Just then, they heard a yell. They turned around and saw an enemy demigod who was seriously injured, running towards them with a knife in hand. He was running towards Suzy. On an impulse, Kai blocked the attack, resulting in him getting stabbed in the back. Blood spurted out of his back as he sank to the ground. “NO!”Suzy cried.

The others took care of the recumbent demigod.Kai’s head was now resting on Suzy’s lap. “No, Kim Jongin, no. You cannot die on me. I’ll kill you if you do.”She yelled. Her tears fell on his face. The other warriors who had come back looked at him in horror. “Stay calm, Bae Suji. I am not going to die before I hear you say I love you to me. It’s my mission.”He chuckled, wincing in pain as his wound got to him. “We need to get him in now.”Will announced. They carried him to their base to treat his wound. Jason comforted his little sister. “Don’t cry, little sis. He’ll be alright.”Jason clucked as he patted her head.

But she wasn’t convinced. “It’s my fault if Kai oppa dies, Jason.”She cried, her tears making a mark on his shirt.  She ran inside the base to see the Apollo cabin trying to heal him. “It’s going to take a miracle to cure him.”Jimin shook her head sadly. Suzy sank to the ground, wailing. She covered with her hands to muffle her cries.