Chapter 19

The Demigods

The pegasi landed on the rooftop of SM headquarters, neighing. As soon as they touched down, Kai got down and carried Suzy in his arms to LSM’s office. “Oh my god, what happened to her? LSM asked, getting up from his plush chair. “Long story, sir. But do you have ambrosia and nectar? We need to cure her now.”Kai said. The older man nodded. “Yeah, I do. Put her on the couch.”LSM ordered. “I need to call Jinyoung. He’ll know the cure.”LSM mumbled as he went outside his office.

Soon, the other fifty four demigods came. Krystal ran up to her and stayed by her side. She Suzy’s cold forehead. “I am so sorry, Suzy.”Krystal whispered. She was a mess. Her eyes were puffy from crying, her face was bloated and she was shivering. Kai patted her on the shoulder. “Its okay, Soojung-ah. You didn’t do it on purpose.”Kai comforted. She shook her head. “No, I did this to her. Accident or not, her blood is on my hands. I will never forgive myself if she dies, Jongin. Never.” she cried.

Kai bent down face-to-face with the daughter of Athena and shook her by the shoulders vigorously. “Yah, Jung Soojung. Get yourself together. You need to be strong for Suzy.” he yelled. She nodded and wiped off her tears. “I am going to kill Son Naeun the next time I see her.” she growled. “Violence is not the answer here, Krystal. We need to mediate peace.”Lay said.

“Would you stop preaching non-violence? We need to retaliate. Those SOBs are not going to get away with this.”Clarisse declared, looking at the pale, dying girl who rested on the couch. Just then, LSM came back with a box. “Here’s some of my ambrosia, nectar and herbs. Use them and cure the girl. She is the savior of the world and if she dies before turning twenty and on my watch, then I’ve failed in life.”LSM said grimly. He looked at Suzy and touched her forehead. “My blessings are with you, my child.” he whispered.

LSM then turned to the others. “I think you’ll need a bigger room, kids. Fifty five kids won’t fit in my office.” he said. “You can use EXO’s dance practice room. It’s big enough to fit 60 kids at least.”LSM continued. Lay, Tao and Kai shifted uncomfortably. Ever since the incident at the concert, they were awkward with their fellow members but for the sake of the brave girl fighting for her life, they nodded in agreement.

*5 minutes later*

The demigods were all gathered in EXO’s dance practice room. The Apollo kids were trying their best to cure the girl. But it was fruitless. All of the nectar, herbs and ambrosia in the world couldn’t save her. Her friends didn’t take the news very well. “No, no, no! You can’t do this. You can’t let her die.”Krystal pleaded. “It’s hopeless. Her strength was sapped from the bomb incident and getting stabbed by Krystal was the final blow. Only a miracle can save her now.”Will shook his head sadly.

“Wait, there is one thing.”Annabeth said. Everyone turned to look at her. “What? What is it?”Kai asked. “It’s the…Golden Fleece. Only that can save her now.” she said. Everyone now stared at her wide-eyed. “Are you crazy, Annabeth?”Jason hissed. “Peleus will eat anyone who comes near the Fleece. He won’t care that it’s a friend or foe. He will kill.” he continued. “We can ask Chiron or Mr. D…”Percy suggested. “Again, did you not hear me, Jackson? Peleus was brought to protect the Fleece at any cost. He is its guardian. He might even eat the two of them.”Jason yelled.

 “I don’t care. I’ll save Suzy at any cost. I need to go back now.”Krystal said adamantly, getting up. “I am coming with you, Soojung-ah.”Kai got up as well. “No, oppa. I did this to Suzy. So I’ll pay the price. I will get that Fleece from Peleus whatever the cost.”Krystal said. “I can’t let you do this alone, Krystal. And even if you succeed in getting the Fleece, it would be too late. I am the only one of us here who can shadow travel to camp in a matter of minutes. So, please let me come with you.”Kai countered, desperate.

Krystal sighed. “Fine. Let’s go.” she relented. Kai smiled and held Krystal’s hand. Considering now that she was Tao’s girlfriend, she looked at him and blushed guiltily. However, she was reassured by Tao’s smile. She sighed in relief as she waved at them. “We’ll be back.”Krystal said as they dissolved into the air. They reached the boundary of the camp in a few minutes. Krystal was exhilarated. “That was fun. Let’s do it again.” she said excitedly.

 “We’ll do it later but right now, we need to get the Fleece.” Kai said in mock seriousness but his mouth twitched in amusement. Krystal shrugged and pouted. Peleus was sleeping after his midday meal. “Perfect.” Krystal whispered. She turned to Kai. “You stay here and distract Peleus if he wakes up. I’ll get the Fleece.”Krystal said. Kai nodded. She put on her bracelet and became invisible.

Krystal tiptoed to the huge tree which marked the boundary of the camp and saw the Fleece on its lower branch. She carefully lifted the Fleece off the branch and tiptoed back. Peleus was still sleeping. “This was a piece of cake.” she thought. But then, she stepped on a twig and it broke. “Crap.”She cursed under her breath.  Peleus woke up and looked around in suspicion. Krystal ran to a tree and hid behind it, scared.

Kai immediately ran up to Peleus and gave him a pat on the head. “Hey, buddy. You’re working very hard, aren’t you?”Kai asked soothingly as he the dragon gently. Peleus nodded. But then he noticed that the Fleece was missing. He went ballistic and roared very angrily. In its anger, it attacked Kai, throwing him to the side. Fortunately, he was unharmed but it triggered Krystal’s rage. She went in front of them, opened her bracelet and handed it along with the Fleece to Kai.

“Get this back to SM now. And come back. If you don’t, I’ll haunt your forever.” she warned. Kai nodded and shadow traveled back to the SM headquarters. She then turned to Peleus who was looking very mad. She got out her knife and brandished it at the dragon. “Let’s dance, Peleus.”She growled.

*Meanwhile in SM, South Korea*

JYP had come to SM as soon as he heard the news. He sat next to Suzy and stayed worried. “If she dies, all of Tartarus would break loose.” he thought gloomily. Just then, Kai came back with the Fleece in hand. Everyone sighed in relief. “Hurry, we don’t have much time left.”Will had said hastily. He nodded and put the fleece over Suzy. Nothing happened at first, but then after a few moments, it started to glow brilliantly.

After a few moments, it stopped glowing. Everyone gasped in happiness. Suzy reverted back to normal. No, she looked even more beautiful than she was before. Her skin had turned back to its healthy and milky color, her light brown hair shone brilliantly, and her full lips were tinted with a reddish pink color. 

She gently opened her blue-gray eyes and looked around in confusion. “Where am I?”She asked. The last memory she had of was accidentally getting stabbed by Krystal, her inconsolable crying and her blacking out. “Suji-yah.”Kai yelled in delight as he enveloped her in a bear hug. “I thought I was going to lose you forever.” he said, his voice broken as he was tearing up in joy. She hugged back in gratitude.

“Where’s Krystal? I want to forgive her. Poor girl must be wrecked.”Suzy said. Just then, Kai remembered. “Crap.”He cursed under his breath. “Guys, I’ll be back in a while. I need to go get Krystal.” he said hurriedly. “What is she doing right now, Jongin?”Tao asked, worried. “Fighting with Peleus to the death. I got to go now.”Kai said hastily as he shadow traveled back to camp before Tao could say anything.

-

“Where are you, Kim Jongin? If you don’t come soon, I am going to be a kebab.”Krystal thought as she dodged yet another fireball breathed by Peleus. She had minor burns all over her body. The dragon roared angrily and shot another fireball at the young girl. She dodged it, but she fell badly in the process.

“Ow.”She yelped in pain as she touched her sprained ankle. She tasted something metallic near the corner of her lips. She touched the corner and looked at the source. It was blood. “I am going to die.”she thought as Peleus shot another fireball at her. She closed her eyes in fear but suddenly she was grabbed by something.

She opened her eyes in confusion and saw that it was Kai. She punched him on the arm. “Ow, what was that for?”Kai yelped in pain. “For not coming earlier.” she stated, rolling her eyes at the son of Hades. They were back in the room where Suzy greeted the younger girl with a hug. “I am so sorry, Suzy.”Krystal whispered. “Past is past, Jung Soojung. I don’t care. And considering you risked your life to save me, I should thank you.”Suzy said, breaking the hug.“Let’s get Kronos once and for all.”Suzy said with a twinkle in her eye. Krystal nodded with a smile on her face. She now had only two objectives in her mind-Defeat Kronos and kill Son Naeun.