Chapter 14

The Demigods

Within 10 minutes, the giant had been vanquished and turned into dust. But there was a lot of difficulty with the dragon. Although, all ten of them had tried their best trying to kill it, it still went strong. It threw aside Suzy, Kai and Tao to the side of the stage as it moved violently from side to side. All of them were seriously tired and injured. They had suffered great burns and cuts on their faces and bodies. The oblivious audience, thinking that it was a special stage, just watched in awe and excitement.

Suzy again looked up at the sky. A storm was approaching. She smiled. “Thanks, dad.” she thought as she took her sword in her hands and got up. “Oppas, do you think you can throw me into the air? I have an idea.” she asked Kai and Tao who panted while they got up and nodded. Making a formation, they boosted Suzy up and threw her into the air. Pointing Lightning Bolt to the sky, the lightning got absorbed by the sword and with all of her might, she hit the dragon on the head and she fell on the ground. A huge circle of white lightning surrounded them and enveloped the entire stage. It was followed by a roar of pain and the sulfurous pungent stench of dragon breath.

Dust fell on the ten warriors. They looked at each other’s condition. It was horrible. Beads of blood and sweat trickled down their foreheads and their clothes were torn and messed up. They had gashes and burns everywhere, but the funny thing was they didn’t care. The only thing they did care about was the fact that they had gotten rid of two gigantically ugly creatures. The innocent crowd cheered for them for delivering an awesomely ‘real’ action scene.

With a struggle, all of them had gotten up. They smiled tightly at their fans and hobbled across the stage to the waiting room where they sat down, exhausted with all of the crew and colleagues staring at them in awe. Yerin and Jimin, who were the daughters of Apollo and thus the healers, got out all their ambrosia, nectar and herbs from their bags and tended to their older friends’ wounds before their own.

“Ow, that hurts.”Krystal yelped in pain as Jimin put a salve on the serious burn on her leg and chanted an ancient Greek prayer. “Eat oppa.”Yerin fed her boyfriend Namjoon a square of ambrosia as she wrapped a bandage immersed in the stinging juice of herbs around his arm. Soon, they were all bandaged up and ready to answer their friends’ and colleagues’ questions.

“What the hell was that…thing?”Min asked. “That was a Hyperborean giant on top of a fire-breathing dragon, noona.”Kai said nonchalantly, as if a giant on top of a dragon was a normal thing in their lives. “Yah, anybody with eyes could see what it was. But why was it here? And how the hell did you fight it?”Chen asked. “Oh, boy.”Suzy scratched her head. “This is going to be a tough one. We’re going to have to explain everything to them.” she said, the others agreeing with her.

“Let me.”Krystal volunteered. They nodded as they looked at their fellow members and other idols. She cleared . “You guys know about Greek mythology, right?”She asked. They nodded. “So you might know that Greek gods and goddesses come down on earth and fall in love with mortals and have kids, right?”She went on. “Soojung-ah, where is this leading to?”Jinri asked.

“Well, we’re the products of those…encounters. We’re half bloods. Demigods. I am Krystal Jung, the daughter of Athena.”Krystal now got up with a proud expression on her face, oblivious to the shocked expressions of the others. Once again, Suzy was again stumped on how her best friend looked exactly like her mother, the goddess of wisdom and craft. “Yah, Jung Soojung, what are you saying? You’re my sister!”Jessica said hurriedly as if she wanted to hide it. “Sooyeon eonnie, we’re half-sisters.”Krystal said, putting emphasis on half. “I know about dad’s affair with Athena. It was pretty clear to me the moment I saw my grey eyes.” she added. Everyone turned to look at Jessica’s horrified and red face.

Tao, in order to break the tension, got up as well. “And I am the son of Ares, the god of war.”He declared. Soon, all of them were up, announcing their godly parent’s name. Well, all of them, except for Kai, Lay and Suzy. “Who are your parents, guys?”Sehun asked, curious on why were the three silent.

“I am the son of Hades, the lord of the Underworld.”

“Oh, cool.”Amber squealed. Kai tightly smiled at her.

“Well, I am the son of Poseidon, the Earth shaker and the god of the seas.”

“Oppa. You should’ve told me that.”Eunji grumbled.

“I was going to but you were too busy snogging Ji Hyunwook, so I didn’t bother.”Lay retorted angrily, causing her to keep quiet.

“And I…I am the daughter of Zeus, the god of lightning, skies and the king of all gods.”

“So have you seen your parents in person?”

“Uh,”Kai said but just then, Kai had noticed something curious on Taemin’s wrist. A silver bracelet with a symbol of a scythe…

“Taemin hyung is that…”Kai asked, but stopped when Taemin ran away. Kai ran after him, willing the giant steel doors to close. It did. Everyone who didn’t know his ability stared at him. Kai activated his sword but he was stopped by a barrier of water. He turned around and saw Lay and Suzy together. “Stop, Jongin oppa. Look into his eyes.”Suzy ordered. He did. He noticed that there was a change in them. His caramel brown orbs had a tint of violet in them.

“He’s under a spell. Cupid’s arrow.”Suzy explained.

Naeun…”they all thought.

-

Taemin was tied up. He struggled against the ropes in vain. “Let me go. Let me go. I need to go back to my angel Naeun.”He whined. Suzy and Sulli, his recently ex-girlfriend were in the corner talking as the others tried to think up of ways to lift the effects of the spell off of Taemin. “When was he like this, eonnie?”Suzy asked. Sulli shrugged. “Yesterday night, maybe. Naeun had come to visit him. And right after their visit, he broke up with me saying that he was in love with Naeun.” Her voice choked, tears b in her eyes.

Suzy patted the older girl’s shoulder in comfort and went to her prisoner who was still whining for Naeun. “I yearn for Naeun. I miss her beauty, her elegance and her kind heart. Let me go, please.”Taemin begged, on the verge of crying. Krystal rolled her eyes and looked at Suzy.

“I can’t take this anymore. He may be innocent, but I am going to kill him if he doesn’t stop asking for Naeun’s touch.”Krystal warned, her face grimaced. “Wait, I am going to talk to Aphrodite. She’ll know what to do.”Suzy said in order to prevent Krystal from knifing Taemin in the heart. Suzy had thought about her grandmother, activating their empathy link. “C’mon, Aphrodite, c’mon.” she thought.

Suzy, is that you, honey?”A melodious voice said. “Oh, thank god, gran-Aphrodite. Naeun betrayed us.” she said. “I saw. Oh, never mind. Love your children whatever mistakes they make, right?”Aphrodite replied, aloof.  “Yeah, yeah. Well, Taemin is under a spell of Cupid’s arrow. What do I do to stop it?”She asked. “I am afraid there’s nothing to stop the arrow’s effect…”Aphrodite’s voice trailed off. Suzy’s face fell. “Except a kiss from my legacy which is you.” she said quickly.

Suzy froze. She was not going to kiss Taemin. He was Sulli’s boyfriend. “What?”She yelled, oblivious to the stares. “That’s the only thing, dear. Now I’ve to go. Ares is taking me out. Ta ta.”Aphrodite’s voice echoed in her mind and it stopped completely. “Aphrodite…Aphrodite.” she said frantically, trying to get her back. She couldn’t. “Crap…”she cursed as she went to the other demigods. “The only way to stop the arrow’s effect before it ends…is a kiss from a legacy of Aphrodite. “She said softly.

“Where will we get one? Except for us and lover boy here, everyone is human.”Krystal yelled quietly. “You’re looking at her.” she said, irritated. “What? You cannot kiss Taemin.”Kai protested. “Why not?”Yerin asked. “He’s….he’s Jinri’s boyfriend. That’s why.”Kai said, flustered from trying to avoid telling the truth. “I’ll see about that.”Krystal said. “Hey, Ssul. Can Suzy kiss Taemin? It’s the only way to get him back to normal.” she yelled. Everybody looked at them. Sulli nodded meekly.

“We got permission. Now do it.”Krystal said, motioning Suzy towards Taemin’s lips. “No!”Kai screamed silently in his head. He looked at Lay, Tao and all her other fanboys who had the same expression on their faces. Suzy hesitated but she neared towards Taemin’s face which he still shook violently from side to side. She held his face by his cheeks firmly and their lips touched. Kai felt a thousand tiny daggers piercing his heart.

Suzy instantaneously pulled away and looked into his eyes. They were back to normal. She sighed in relief. “Huh, why am I bound? And why did Suzy kiss me? And where is Sulli? Oh man, she’s going to kill me.”Taemin rambled, confused about what was going on. Sulli quickly ran up to them and hugged her confused and bound boyfriend. “Naeun stabbed you with Cupid’s arrow to make you a spy for Kronos. But you are okay now.”Suzy explained, rubbing against her sleeve.

“Tell us what happened, oppa.”Krystal said. “Well, Naeun asked to meet me. We did. She said she wanted me back. I declined, telling her I was with Sulli. Then, I turned around and she stabbed me.”Taemin recollected. “Well, you’re okay now. Say, how would you like to fight along with us?”Krystal grinned.

-

Meanwhile on an invisible ferry to Korea, a tall, handsome man with a brooding expression stood on the deck, leaning against the railings and stared out to the sea. A young, pretty girl who was terrified went up to him. “Tell me, Naeun. Did they die? What did the new spy tell you?”The man asked. “I am afraid….we failed, my lord. They managed to kill both the dragon and the giant. And they must’ve cured Taemin oppa…”she said hesitatingly as she looked down to her feet and played with her charm.

The man turned around with a terrifying expression on his face. “Son Naeun, I don’t anymore delay or failures, you got that? This is your last chance. I mean you don’t want any harm on your beautiful face, do you?”He asked with a crooked smile on his face as he traced her face with his finger. “Y-yes, Kris oppa….I mean Lord Kronos…”she stammered.

“Now get to work. We need to reach Korea by tomorrow. This arrogant little host of mine is fighting against me.” He roared. Naeun ran away, getting to work. Kronos/Kris turned back to his view and grinned crookedly. “Soon…Olympus and this entire world shall be mine!”He let out a deep, scary laugh as thunder rumbled across the sky.