Lay's Ending

The Demigods

“Hey, oppa. What are you doing here?”Suzy asked, looking at Lay who was wearing formal dinner clothes.

“I just came here to ask whether you wanted to go with me to Tyson’s birthday.”He said.

Suzy brightened at the mention of the sweet and huge Cyclops who was Lay and Percy’s little brother. He had treated her like a sister. She had promised him to come to his birthday party the last time he had visited the camp.

“We’ll be back before the fireworks show starts-“

“Oppa, do you really need to say so? I would love to.”Suzy smiled gently.

“Great, meet me at the beach in 20 minutes. Rainbow along with Pearl is coming to get us.”He smiled back and exited the cabin.

Giggling softly, she picked up the white dress her stepmother Hera had given her for her birthday and wore it. The soft fabric felt soothingly cool against her pale skin. She wore a lacy white cardigan and pretty white flats. Her long hair fell over her shoulders; her hairpin/sword pinned on it. She looked at her watch.

“15 minutes. Perfect.”She smiled.

She sprinted along the beach and saw Lay, Percy and Annabeth waiting for Rainbow. Percy, like Lay, was wearing formal dinner clothes and Annabeth was wearing a nice yellow dress with a light blue belt.

“Hey, guys.”

The three turned around and gasped as they stared at the daughter of Zeus who was looking like an angel. Annabeth recovered first and gave Suzy a small smile before stamping Percy’s foot. He yelped in pain, making Suzy erupt in silent giggles.

“Sorry.”Percy apologized.

Just then, the whinnies of Rainbow and Pearl were heard as they came up shore. Suzy ran up to them and patted them on the head. She laughed as they gave her a appreciative .

“Hello, Lords.”Rainbow and Pearl greeted.

Lay slowly walked up to them and gave them a hug.

“Hey, Rainbow. Hey, Pearl. Did you get the thing I asked you to bring?”

“Yes, my lord.”Rainbow said as she showed the small pouch which was hanging from one of her scales.

“Thank you.”He said to the two hippocampi.

Lay then turned to the two girls and handed each of them a small green colored pill.

“This will help you two breathe underwater and avoid getting your clothes wet.” He explained.

“Sorry if it’s bitter.”He apologized as he saw the two girls make a face as they swallowed the pill.

“I want the pretty one in white and you to ride with me.”Rainbow whinnied, causing Lay to blush.

“What did she say, oppa?”

“Rainbow wants us to ride together.”He said quietly, making her blush as well.

“Oh…okay.”

Lay took Suzy’s hand and they sat on Rainbow’s back. Annabeth looked at the couple and smiled.

“If Suzy chooses Lay, we’re going on a double date with them.”Annabeth whispered as they got on Pearl’s back.

“Let’s see if she even chooses him.”Percy mumbled, causing Annabeth to punch him on his arm.

“Don’t say that. It’s ominous.”Annabeth scolded.

“Fine.”He said with resignation as they went to Poseidon’s underwater palace.

-

“Big brother.”Tyson yelled as he ran towards Percy and Lay to hug them. The two gasped as their gigantic baby brother engulfed them in his arms. It was like getting hit by a truck.

Meanwhile Annabeth and Suzy looked around in awe at the palace.

“It’s beautiful. Look at those designs. And the color combination is fantastic.”Annabeth rambled in awe.

Suzy smiled at the older girl. She was quite in awe herself. The underwater palace of her uncle was much more beautiful looking than her father’s although it was more simplistic.

“Suzy noona!”Tyson yelled as he ran towards her for a hug. She smiled at the term he had used. She had taught him to say that. He enveloped her in a bear hug, causing her to gasp.

“Whoa, easy there. Big guy,” She spoke, gasping for air. Tyson immediately let go and huge tears rolled out of his eye.

Panicking, she said, “You didn’t hurt me Ty. I was just a little…surprised. Happy birthday, big guy. You have gotten handsomer.”

Immediately, he stopped crying and smiled sweetly at the girl who now was the Cyclops’s hair gently by tiptoeing.

“My beautiful daughter.”A familiar voice had said from behind. She turned around and smiled. She saw her father Zeus walking up to her in his usual godlike way.

“Tyson-ah, go and wait in the ballroom with your brothers and dad. I’ll be there.”Suzy instructed. The Cyclops obediently obeyed and walked into the room.

“Dad!”Suzy embraced her father warmly as he spread out his arms.

“How are you, my dear?”

“I am fine, dad. I can’t wait to taste the seaweed cake Tyson was going on and on about.”

“No, dear…I meant about…”

“Oh,”She said, understanding what her father was implying, “I am totally okay. Mom sacrificed herself for the world. I…I should be proud of that.”

“Now come on appa. Let’s go before the cake runs out.”She smiled, changing the subject. She linked her arms with her father and they walked together to the ballroom.

But Zeus knew that her heart was breaking slowly. And he knew the one person who could help mend it.

-

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Tyson! Happy birthday to you.”The guests sang and clapped for the gigantic birthday boy who blew out the candles of the gigantic peanut butter and seaweed cake.

“Did you make a wish?”Amphitrite asked.

Tyson nodded and stared at Ella, the harpy who he had a major crush on for a moment. But everyone saw and smiled indulgently at the cute Cyclops. 

Cutting out slices of the cake, Amphitrite handed them to the guests. Zeus grimaced at the taste of the cake. It made him shudder but his daughter, with her weird sense of taste, seemed to like it a lot. Using his magic, he disposed of the cake secretly and walked towards Lay who was done with his share and was now talking to his brother Percy in the corner.

“Percy, may I have a word with your brother?”Zeus asked.

Nodding, Percy walked away.

“Yes, Lord and Uncle Zeus?”

“No need with the formalities, godling. I need to talk to you about my daughter.”

“Yes, uncle. What about Suzy?”

“She’s dying.”

“WHAT?”Lay yelled, causing everyone within range to stare at him.

“Quiet down, idiot. She’s not dying per say. She’s dying emotionally because of a broken heart.”

“Why?”

“You really are clueless. Well, you must get that from your father.  She still thinks that her mother’s death was her fault. You were there, weren’t you?”

He nodded, shuddering as the memory of Gianna’s violent death came into his mind. Suzy would’ve died if it weren’t for him.

“That is why I am begging you to stick by her. I know you are madly in love with her and that she’s madly in love with you. You have saved her from the jaws of death many times and frankly, if I had to pick a son-in-law, I would pick you. I like you more than that kid Kai. You’re at least trustworthy.”

“Thank you…I think. And I will, sir. Even if she doesn’t choose me, I’ll stay by her side forever.”Lay declared solemnly.

Zeus smiled, “Good.” He handed him a ring, “This was her mother’s. I hope I can count on you, son of Poseidon. And now if will you excuse me, I have a pissed off goddess to get to,” gesturing towards Hera who looked pissed on being left alone.

Lay smiled gently as his eyes met with Suzy’s. She smiled back. “I swear it on the River Styx that I will always try to protect you, Suzy.”He thought.

-

The party ended just in time for the fireworks show. As soon as they reached shore, Annabeth and Percy got off and ran to the crowded part of the beach where the party was being held. Suzy was about to join them when Lay stopped her.

“Suzy-ah, can you stay here with me for a moment?”Lay asked nervously, biting his lower lip.

She shrugged and nodded, “Okay, oppa.”

They sat together silently, the moonlight shining on them. The stars even seemed to twinkle more. The night seemed even more beautiful as a whole. But Lay only focused on the pale, blue-gray eyed beauty in front of him. He sighed deeply. Not even Aphrodite could compare to her.

“You okay?”Suzy asked, making him snap out of his reverie.

He blushed deeply.

“Yeah, I am fine. It is just seeing you makes my heart pound.”

Now it was her turn to blush. She was used to these kinds of remarks from her male fans but from Lay, it sounded special.

“Why is that, oppa?”

“You’re beautiful, of course. You know it very well, but you possess qualities most girls don’t have. You’re brave, you’re a fighter who will go down for the people you love and cherish, and you’re kind-”He was stopped by Suzy pulling him into a lip bruising kiss.

At first, he was shocked but then he kissed back. It went on for quite some time but then he knew what he was doing was wrong.

“What in Hades are you doing, Zhang Yixing? She’s vulnerable. You can’t just take advantage.”He mentally scolded himself.

He pulled back and stared out at the waves crashing against the rocks, away from her gaze. He was too ashamed of himself.

“Oppa, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”She asked.

He then turned to look at her. She was flushed, her lips pinker and swollen. Her lips looked too tempting to resist but he knew he had to fight off the urge to kiss her again. He, being the gentle peaceful guy he was, knew that he just couldn’t take advantage of her vulnerability.

“I…I can’t do this, Suji-ah. I know that you’re still vulnerable from your mom’s death! Why would you kiss me for complimenting you like any other normal man? You’re weak.”He said softly.

She then started to cry. Tears came rolling out of her eyes as she slightly shivered. Panicking, he put his jacket around her and hugged her tightly. Her head was buried against his chest as she now sobbed uncontrollably.

“I am sorry, my love. I…I shouldn’t have said that. I am so, so sorry.”He apologized over and over again as he her head gently.

“No, you should’ve. You’re right. I still get nightmares of my mom’s death. The way Kronos mercilessly slit keeps on replaying on my mind. She shouldn’t have died. She should’ve lived. It’s all my fault. It’s all my-”Now it was her turn to be cut short by Lay’s soft lips on hers.

She was initially surprised but she kissed back. The way his lips moved against her was perfect. Soft, gentle...just perfect. He broke away and kissed the tears away from her beautiful face.

“Shh...Suzy. Stop crying. Don’t hurt yourself.”He whispered comfortingly as he planted gentle and soft kisses all over her face.

He stopped after a few minutes and smiled sheepishly. “I am so sorry for doing that. Please forgive me. But remember, I can go to the depths of Tartarus for you. I love Bae Suzy and I always will.”His sweet, innocent smile was replaced by a solemn look.

“I-I love you too, Zhang Yixing.”She whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a hug.

Lay’s solemn expression was now replaced with one of shock and joy. Did he hear right? Did the girl he love say that she loved him back?

“Did you just say you are in love with me?”He asked.

“Why? Am I not supposed to?”She asked, an eyebrow raised.

“No, no. It’s not that…WOW! Bae Suzy is in love with me.”He said slowly at first.

 Then he got up and yelled to the sea, “I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU TOO, BAE SUZY!” He was sure that everyone in Olympus, the Underworld and the Seas had heard him.

“Quiet down, oppa. Someone will hear you.”She chided.

But it was too late. Every camper had run to their spot to see the commotion which was going on and smiled at the new couple.  Clarisse was at the front, smirking.

“Finally! We thought you wouldn’t have the balls to confess.”Clarisse smirked evilly before motioning the campers to pick them up.

That they did and they threw them into the cold seawater. While underwater, Lay smiled at the girl and kissed her hand before slipping her mother’s ring on her finger. She looked surprised.

“Where did you get that?”She seemed to ask telepathically.

“Your dad.”He replied.

She smiled dazzlingly before kissing him on the cheek.

“I love you, oppa.”She said in her mind.

“I love you too.”He replied again.

*5 years later*

“Grandpa.”An adorable young boy of five who came inside the throne room hand-in-hand with Hermes ran to Zeus and jumped into the god’s arms.

“Hey, Theo. You’ve gotten bigger than the last time I saw you.”Zeus sighed.

“I was here a month ago, grandpa.”The boy giggled.

“Time goes by really quickly, my boy.”He argued.

“Give me my grandson, husband. I haven’t hugged him in a long time.”Hera said, holding out her arms to the boy who immediately jumped in and peppered her face with kisses.

Zeus made a grumpy expression before sitting on his throne, waiting for his daughter, son-in-law and his newborn granddaughter to arrive. He watched as the other gods fought over him.

Theseus ‘Theo’ Zhang was Suzy and Lay’s 4-year-old son. He had pitch black hair with puppy-like brown eyes and a killer smile. He had inherited his mother’s sense of fun and liveliness and his father’s kind and soft heart. The gods loved him dearly and spoiled him rotten. All in all, he was the spoiled cutie of Olympus.

His mother was in the hospital waiting to give birth to his baby sister, so he was sent here to be looked after by the gods. After staying for a week, she was discharged with a clean bill of health and now, she along with her husband was coming any moment now.

*An hour later*

Suzy and Lay came into the throne room with a small baby wrapped in a pink blanket. Theo, who was playing with one of Ares’ knives, ran excitedly to his mom.

“Omma.”He bellowed as he ran towards her and was greeted by a great bear hug and soft kisses all over his face.

“I missed you so much, Theo. You didn’t cause any trouble, right?”

“Nope,”said he, “Is that my sister? May I see her?”He asked.

“Of course, you can.”Lay smiled before stooping to his son’s level and showed the tiny little baby girl who was sleeping soundly to her new brother.

“She’s so tiny.” He whispered as if afraid to wake her up. Her hands were tiny, her skin was pink and delicate and a fuzzy warmth emanated as Theo grabbed his sister’s tiny fist.

“You’re like this too, baby.”Suzy whispered.

“Really?”He asked.

“Yes. And she’ll grow up to be just like you; naughty, spoiled and adorable.”Lay smiled.

“Is that my granddaughter?”Zeus asked.

Suzy nodded.

“May I hold her?”

She nodded again, handing over the child to her immortal grandfather. The baby was now awake but she didn’t cry. She stared at Zeus intently with her eyes the color of the night, then breaking out into a toothless smile.

“She’s beautiful. What’s her name?”He asked.

“Rhea. Rhea Zhang. We named her after Grandma Rhea, dad.”

“Mom will love that when she founds out, Suzy.”

Just then, the other gods surrounded Zeus. Aphrodite and the other goddesses squealed and cooed at the baby.

“Suzy, can I take her shopping? I promise that I’ll be safe.”Aphrodite asked with her best pout.

“Sure.”

“We’re coming with you. I can’t trust you alone with the baby.”Artemis said.

“I am offended.”

“Well, we don’t care. We’re coming and that’s final.”Athena said firmly.

With another pout, Aphrodite along with the other goddesses disappeared, leaving a blinding flash of golden light behind them.

“Theo, let’s leave your parents alone, shall we? They are tired and I want to spend some time with you.”

“Oh, can we go to the park to play baseball?”

“Sure. We’ll all go,” Zeus smiled affectionately before turning to Lay, “Make sure my daughter rests up nicely.”

“I will, sir.”

“Okay then, let’s go.”Zeus announced to the gods. He carried Theo in his arms. They waved goodbye at the couple before disappearing, the flash of golden light accompanying them.

“Can you believe this is our family?”Suzy asked.

“I know. It’s too perfect to be true.”He replied.

She leaned her head against his shoulder and laced her fingers through his.

 “I love you, Zhang Yixing.”Suzy whispered, hugging her husband.

“I love you too, Bae Suji.”He whispered back.