Chapter 3

The Demigods

Suzy took a deep breath as she looked at the tall, imposing building in front of her. It was the SM headquarters and she was to go inside and try to recruit Krystal, Tao, Kai, and…Lay into going with her to New York where they would live in Camp Half-blood for the summer.

It was easy telling Fei in JYP with the help of Yerin and Jimin. She still had a sliver of doubt that they thought she was crazy but she wouldn’t blame them. If someone had told her the same thing a week ago, she would have thought that the person was crazy.

She went inside the building where the security guards welcomed her with warmth. “One of the perks of being the Nation’s First Love.” She thought as she bowed back to them politely. “Hey, Krys.” she yelled to her best friend Soo-jung who ran towards her, enveloping her in a bear hug. “Suzy! I missed you. How was New York? Did you bring me gifts?”The younger girl had said excitedly.

Suzy laughed. Krystal did have an icy, chic personality but she was cute and bright towards her friends. “I missed you too, Krys. New York was…interesting. And yes, I brought you lots of gifts.” She grinned. Krystal cheered and tried to grab her gift from Suzy but she took the gift bag away from her and shook her head. “You’ll get your gift, Soo. But first, I have to give Jong-in and Sehun theirs.” She smiled at the younger girl. Krystal pouted. “Fine. But I am coming with you.” they linked arms with each other and they went to EXO’s practice room.

“Hey, oppas.”Krystal yelled as she waved to them. They bowed to the two girls. But Jong-in and Sehun ran to Suzy and hugged her. “Group hug.”Krystal said as she joined them. They broke away after a few moments. “I missed you a lot, Bae.”Kai said softly as he patted her head. “Yah! I missed her more.”Sehun exclaimed. She giggled. Suzy, Krystal, Kai and Sehun were best friends from high school and they still were close despite their busy schedules.

They heard a cough from the back. They turned around and saw the rest of the EXO members looking uncomfortable. Then Suzy’s eyes went on Lay who was sleeping.  She blushed. She had a huge crush on him when she saw him on a music show but once the news broke out about his relationship with A-Pink’s Eun-ji, she somehow managed to end her feelings for him-sort of.

“Hello, you guys. I got gifts for all you.” her eyes sparkled. “You didn’t have to. We aren’t that familiar with each other.”Su-ho intervened. “It’s alright. Any friend of Jong-in and Sehun oppa is a friend of mine.” she smiled. She gave her gifts to them. “Oh, cool. Gucci! How did you know?”Tao exclaimed. “Jia told me, Tao oppa.”She smiled which caused him to blush. 

“Well, we’re going out to eat. Do you two want to join us?”Su-ho asked. They shook their heads. “It’s alright. We are going to stay here and talk.”Suzy explained. “But I want to go eat.”Sehun whined. “Fine, you glutton. Go and eat.”Krystal said, pouting. But her adorable pout didn’t affect Sehun.

He decided he wanted to go eat out anyway. “I don’t want to go.” Tao said. “Why not?”Lu-han asked. “You were the one who suggested it in the first place.”Baek-hyun reminded. “I changed my mind. And besides I already brought a few sandwiches for us to eat.”Tao quipped.

Su-ho shrugged. “Fine. We’ll go. Come to the cafeteria if you guys change your mind.” He said. They then left for the cafeteria, leaving the others behind. Suzy was surprised at how easy her job was. “At least I don’t have to make an excuse to talk to them.” she thought. Suddenly, she noticed that Lay was stirring in his sleep. She looked at the boys inquiringly.

 Tao sighed. “I don’t know what’s happened to him. He always gets nightmares when he tries to sleep these days. He’s a total zombie.” he said. “Well, who could blame him? Eun-ji controls him with an iron fist.”Krystal retorted.  Kai glared at her.

“Why?”Someone moaned. They jumped out of their seats. They looked around and saw Lay as if in pain. “Why do you need me? And who are the other two?”He moaned again, this time rambling.

He then jerked as if he was trying to get away from someone’s grip. He couldn’t seem to breathe. “Let’s try and wake him up. This seems to be really serious.” Kai said. The others nodded and tried to wake him up.

They were unsuccessful at first, but then he woke up on his own. Lay looked at their faces and then his eyes rested on Suzy’s face which made her blush. “Hyung, are you okay?”Kaiasked worriedly. He got up from the couch and nodded.

“I just had a nightmare. It’s fine.”Lay said nonchalantly. “NO! It’s not fine. Tell us what happened.”Tao inquired. He sighed and then told him everything, leaving out the part about the Zeus thing. He didn’t need them to think he was crazy.

“Hul. That’s a whopper. You must’ve felt scared, oppa.”Krystal said. He nodded again. “I am fine. It’s okay.” he said. He then noticed Suzy whose face paled. “Suzy-shhi, are you okay? You look pale.” he asked. “I am fine, oppa.”She said. “Listen, you guys. About the dream…I think it’s a sign.” she said meekly. “What are you talking about, Suzy-ah?”Kai asked. She then told everything to them. 

“C’mon, Suzy-ah. It’s just a dream. That’s all. It’s just a coincidence that you’re wearing the same outfit as the girl in the dream. I mean, you don’t even have blue eyes.”Kai chided. “Yeah…about that…”her voice trailed off.

“I am going to show you guys I have never shown anyone.” she added. What she had done next shocked everyone. She took off the brown contact lenses, revealing her intense blue-grey eyes. Lay froze. She looked exactly like the girl from his dream.

“How? This can’t be…My dad’s half Italian. He’s human. He left us when I was three. ”Kai rambled. Tao and Krystal looked at each other and kept quiet. They were too shocked about the revelation. “Oh my god. Suzy-ah, you have blue eyes…well, at least, I don’t have to hide anymore as well.”Krystal shrugged. All of them looked at her. She also took off her contacts, revealing stormy grey eyes. Suzy noticed that she had the same eyes as Annabeth.

“I can’t handle this. My parents died when I was a baby. I was adopted.”Tao rambled. He looked like as if he was about to cry. “Guys!”Suzy yelled with authority. They stopped, looking at her.

“All of us have one thing in common. It’s that a parent abandoned us. Don’t you think it’s weird? That is why we need to go to Camp Half-blood. To find answers.” she added with the same voice.  They all nodded.

“I am ready to go with you.”Lay piped up. “We all are.” the rest added in unison. She smiled. “Great. We go to New York in 2 weeks. Be ready. But for now, let’s go and eat.” she giggled. They all left the room, with a sense of camaraderie. But only one thought was on Lay’s mind. “No, it can’t be. Suzy can’t be…”he thought.