Chapter 7

The Demigods

Kai, Lay and Suzy plopped down on the couch in the rec. room. Suzy, who sat between the two men, had observed the surroundings. There was a Ping-Pong table, foosball table and a couple of old-school video games. She looked at the people in front of them; Chiron, Dionysus, Grover, Percy, Thalia, Annabeth and other head counselors.  They all looked at them appraisingly.

“This is amazing. We found three ‘Big Three kids’ in one go.”Grover yammered. Mr. D glared at him. “Forgive Grover. He is shocked at this fact as well as all of us.” Annabeth said. “So…Suzy, this means you’re my half-sister.”Dionysus smiled. “And you two bozos are my cousins.” he added with disdain in his voice, looking at Kai and Lay. “How is this possible?”Kai finally spoke up. Everyone turned to look at him. “How can I be the son of Hades? I mean, it’s not possible. We’re two polar opposites.” he said.

“Sometimes, opposites attract, my child. Like in your case along with Suzy’s and Lay’s. I can guarantee you that you three are perfectly opposite to your fathers.”Chiron said, smiling.  Reassured by his smile, the three smiled back in ease. Kai held Suzy’s hand and smiled at her. She smiled back. Lay couldn’t describe what he was feeling, but he knew it wasn’t good.

Chiron cleared his throat, seeing the complicated situation in front of him. “Suzy, your father has sent a gift for you. He believes it will be very useful.” he said. “Really?”She asked with her eyebrows raised. “What is it?”She asked again. Chiron had given her a hairpin with a sapphire being surrounded by the diamonds. It was beautiful to look at, but how would a hairpin be useful to her? “Touch the sapphire.”Chiron said, with a smile playing on his lips.

She did and then, to everyone’s (except Chiron’s) shock, the hairpin had turned into a huge silver sword. It had a leather grip and it had a diamond encrusted silvery hilt. The sapphire shone in the middle. Electricity seemed to run through it. “Cool.” she muttered, feeling the blade in her hand. “This is Lightning Bolt. It’s the most deadly sword the Olympian armory has ever possessed.”Chiron said proudly.

 “But why is my father giving this to me?”Suzy asked. “I also have no idea, my child. But I do know this. If he is giving this to you, he must have immense faith in you and your strength.”Chiron smiled. She blushed. Her father believed in her.

“But how do I revert it back into normal? I can’t exactly go around carrying a sword during my shoots.” she giggled. “It’s simple. Just touch the sapphire.”Chiron instructed. She nodded and touched the sapphire, making the sword revert back to its disguised form.

Suzy put it in her hair. It shone brightly in the light. “I look pretty, don’t I?”She joked. “You are beautiful, with or without it.”Lay said absently. She blushed. “Suzy, control. Although he’s super cute, he has a girlfriend and he is your cousin-sort of.” she thought.

“One more question.” she requested. “Ask away, child.”Chiron permitted. “What if I lose it?”She asked. “You can’t. Like Riptide which is Percy’s sword, it won’t get lost. Even if you deliberately do so; it will always be with you.”Chiron said. She smiled. “Oh, cool.” she thought. “Run along now. We have organized a bonfire. Your other friends must be waiting.” he smiled as they cheered and they ran to the campfire site like little kids to a toy store.  

*Bonfire site*

All of the demigods present in the camp gathered near the lake where they had started up a huge bonfire.  The Hephaestus kids lit up fireworks which looked absolutely spectacular. The Ares kids (except for Tao and Rap Monster) were wrestling with each other, the Aphrodite kids were sitting by the water and gossiping, the Hermes and Demeter kids were playing a friendly basketball match and the rest of the campers were sitting around the fire, roasting marshmallows.

 Suzy, who seemed to notice the uncomfortable tension between Kai and Lay, sat next to Thalia, Krystal and Annabeth. Krystal and Annabeth immediately hit it off, as they had a lot in common. They both loved architecture, reading and mathematics. However, although Suzy and Thalia became good friends and they seemed to adapt to the fact they were half-sisters, they absolutely had nothing in common.

“So…you’re a Hunter, right?”Suzy asked awkwardly. Thalia nodded. “So, when you are here, do you stay in Artemis’s cabin or in Father’s cabin?”She asked again. Thalia looked at her with a raised eyebrow with a ‘Are you kidding me?’ look. Suzy blushed. Jimin seemed to notice the awkwardness that hung in the air. She took out her guitar from her case and strummed out a few notes. It was an acoustic version of their new song, ‘Sugar.’

Suzy giggled as she joined in the chorus. “Hey boy, show me how you shake it. Hey boy, show me how you shake it. Hey boy, show me how to, hey boy, show me how to, ooh ooh whoa.” they sang in perfect harmony. They all laughed. Applause followed. “You’re a good singer, Suzy. You too, Jimin and Yerin.”Thalia praised. The others nodded. “Thank you, Thal.”Suzy said. Thalia looked at her again with her eyebrow raised. “Thal?”She asked. “Yeah. Thal for Thalia. I hope it’s okay for me to call you that.”Suzy asked. Thalia smiled. “Sure. You may.” she permitted.

“Jimin-ah, can you give me your guitar?”Lay asked. “Sure.” she said as she gave him her guitar. As he played the guitar, he sang a ballad. His sweet and mellow voice was heard by all the campers and once he was done, all of the female campers swarmed around him like flies attracted to honey. The Aphrodite campers bombarded him with kisses and when they were done with him, he was covered with lipstick smears. He grimaced. Krystal took a photo of him before he wiped it all off.

“Yah.”He yelled as Krystal giggled. “What? This is leverage in case I need it.”Krystal grinned evilly. “Leverage for what?”He asked. She just smirked. Meanwhile, Suzy who had just witnessed it felt…jealous. “Bae Suji, you can’t. He has a girlfriend prettier than you. There’s no way in hell he’s going to leave her for you.” she thought sadly. Kai, as if he read her mind, decided to cheer her up.

He got up and took off his jacket, showing off his lean and muscular body. As he was wearing a thin black shirt as a result from the Stoll brothers stealing all of his camp wear, one could see the outline of his chiseled abs quite clearly. All of the female campers grinned like wolves.

EXO’s debut song ‘What is love?’ wafted through the air. He started to dance to the tune fluidly, making all of the girls literally drool. At the end of the song, he went in front of Suzy and put his jacket around her, making all of the female campers go crazy with jealousy. Suzy laughed. He bowed like a dork and went back to his seat. “Wow that was…that was…”Annabeth stammered, earning a glare from Percy. But the show wasn’t over yet. Now Lay got up and started to pop with Chris beat boxing for him. Cheers erupted from everywhere. “That was amazing. I can’t believe you’re Percy’s brother. He’s so clumsy.”Thalia teased. “Hey, hey. I am a good dancer.”Percy defended himself at which everyone laughed at him.

Suzy yawned. “I am going to hit the hay, you guys. Have fun.” She said sleepily and went back to the Hermes cabin. It was her last day in the cabin. Tomorrow, she was going to have to move out along with many of her friends as well as Capture the Flag with Camp Jupiter, whatever that was. She might as well sleep through the night to get some energy. She changed into a white nightdress and went to sleep.

However, soon she had heard the sound of a twig breaking. She got out of bed, took out her flashlight from her drawer and went outside the cabin. The lake was quiet though the party was still going strong. They had just moved it to Zeus’s fist. Then she had heard moans. She didn’t like this one bit. “Hello, is anyone there?”She yelled. She followed the source to the lake. It was Lay. She sighed with relief. “Oh. Thank goodness, it’s you oppa.”She said with a smile. Then she noticed; he was crying. “Oppa, are you okay?”She asked. “Eunji…Eunji…she’s cheating on Me.” he got out between heavy pants.

She was shocked. “Say what? How do you know?”She asked. “Well, I made an Iris-message to her to tell her about everything. Then I saw her with some guy. They were doing…”his voice faltered as he thought of the memory. Suzy’s heart went out for the guy. She decided to make him feel better. A mischievous grin appeared on her face. 

She pushed Lay into the water. He screamed as he went down. She laughed but it ceased after he didn’t come out. “Oppa?”She called down to the bottom of the lake. “Oh, no.” she thought. She was about to jump into the water when a hand grabbed her leg and pulled her down. She shrieked. She closed her eyes as she went down and when she did open them, she saw Lay grinning at her, holding her by the waist. How could she have been so stupid? He was the son of Poseidon, the Sea God!

-

He held her tightly in a tight embrace. Suzy was thankful that they were underwater, or he would’ve seen her blushing. She broke away from his hold and swam upward. She took deep breaths as she got out of the water. Her white nightgown was soaking wet from the water. It stuck to her skin. Her wet, black hair shone in the moonlight.  She started to shiver from the cold. Lay who swam up to the surface saw her shiver. He got out of the cold water and put his jacket which he had left hanging on a tree branch over her shoulders.

She looked at him with her big, blue-gray eyes and gave him back his jacket. “Thank you but oppa, it’s your jacket. You’ll feel cold. I don’t need it. I’ll manage.” she said with a smile. Lay was touched at her kindness, but honestly, being the son of Poseidon, meant that the water invigorated him. “Suji yah, it’s okay. I am Poseidon’s son. I feel awesome.”Lay laughed. She joined in the laughter. They sat down together, watching the stars. Lay looked at Suzy who smiled at the starry sky. Her milky white skin glowed in the moonlight and her eyes shone brightly.

His eyes trailed down to her body.  Her white nightgown which was slightly wet showed off every one of her attributes. Seeing her now would make any man go crazy with lust. Lay was not an exception.  He then realized what he was thinking and mentally slapped himself. “Zhang Yixing, what on earth are you thinking? She is too young and besides, you still have not broken up with Eunji. So push these dirty thoughts out your mind.”He chided himself. He heard the sound of someone sleeping. He looked at Suzy who had fallen asleep on the soft grass. She looked angelic.

He smiled. He picked her up and took her back to the Hermes cabin. He put her in bed and put a warm, fluffy blanket over her. Sitting beside her, he her hair gently. She stirred in her sleep. Trying to sooth the young girl, he had started to sing a Chinese lullaby his mother used to sing for him. After he was done, she smiled and nestled against her pillow and went back to sleep. He smiled.

“Have sweet dreams, Suji yah.”He whispered into the girl’s ear. He went out of the cabin and ran up to Zeus’s Fist where a couple of nymphs and Aphrodite campers dragged him to god-knows-where. Little did he know, Kai had witnessed everything? His fist clenched in jealousy. He knew the first thing he was going to do tomorrow; he was going to punch Zhang Yixing in the face during Capture the flag.  He wasn’t sure how but he’s going to do it.