Chapter 5

The Demigods

“The 600th floor, please.”Chiron asked the doorman who had immediately taken him to the floor. Chiron, being the teacher of the strongest half-bloods that ever lived was known and respected by everyone who knew about Olympus. He sighed again. “Why do gods have to make everything so complex?”He grumbled as he galloped his way to the throne room of Zeus.

As this was a serious emergency, all the Olympians were present. He bowed his head down in respect to the Olympians. “Lord Zeus. I shall like to discuss an important matter with you. With all of you actually.” he said. “Tell me then, Chiron. What is it about?”  “Well, there is this girl. Her name is Bae Suzy…”his voice trailed off. He then composed himself and told everything what Grover had told him.

The gods stood open-mouthed in awe. Zeus sighed deeply, as if he knew this was coming. “She is my daughter. I met her mother here in New York. She was a college student. She seemed so free, so caring, and she was so beautiful. She was a diamond among rocks. We were madly in love with each other. She then had Suzy. I stayed with them for 2 years. Those were my happiest moments ever.”Zeus said, ignoring Hera’s death glare.

"She's also the woman all of us fought over. But she chose me."Zeus added triumphantly, ignoring his brothers' glares.

 “When I left, Gianna didn’t seem surprised. She knew that I had to go. I vowed to her if Suzy ever came to Camp Half-blood, I would claim her.” he said wistfully.  “I haven’t seen my daughter in years. How is she? May I see her?”He asked Chiron. Chiron was surprised. Zeus never displayed any type of public affection towards his children, so this was a first. “Yes, my lord.” he said.

 He pulled out a golden drachma and threw it in the fountain near the Ophiotauras’s aquarium. “Grover Underwood. Camp Half-blood.” The mist shimmered, and the gods saw Grover Underwood in the infirmary with a worried expression, waiting for Suzy to wake up.

He finally saw them and bowed. “Hello.” he said, blushing. “Hello Grover. Are the new campers settled in?”Chiron asked. Grover nodded. “Yes, they have. They all are settled in the Hermes cabin.”Grover added.

“Good! And what about Suzy? Is she alright?”Chiron asked. “She is fine. However, she’s still unconscious. She might wake up any second, though. Ah, she has woken up.” he said, smiling. “Show her to me. The gods are eager to see her.”He said, a smile playing on his lips. Grover nodded and focused it on Suzy who had just woken up.

She blinked her big, blue-gray eyes and yawned. She gave a rosy smile to Grover who blushed. “She looks exactly like her mother.”Zeus thought and he smiled. Just then three boys came in. A dark haired boy who looked a lot like Hades hugged her and caressed her face. “I thought I was going to lose you. Don’t you ever do that again.” he said, his voice muffled.

“Thanks, Jong-in oppa.”Suzy said, smiling and hugged him back. Zeus had a grim, scary expression on his face. A lightning bolt appeared in his hand. “Thank you, Grover. Make sure she trains well. I’ll be back soon.”Chiron said, not wanting them to get blown to smithereens. Grover nodded and waved his hand across the mist.

“She’s beautiful. Even more beautiful than you, Aphrodite.”Apollo teased which earned him a death glare from Ares and Aphrodite. He immediately sank back to his golden throne. “No, she doesn’t. They look alike. The same smile, the same nose. Only the eyes are different.”Ares growled, trying to comfort Aphrodite. “For once, Ares is right. They do have a resemblance.” Athena said matter-of-factly. “Why is that?”Artemis asked.

“Let me see. Hmm…”Apollo said as he tapped his finger to his lips. “Her mom is a daughter of Aphrodite. So…let’s see…you banged and knocked up your granddaughter!”Apollo announced with a naughty grin. Zeus rubbed his forehead. Hera sent Apollo a death glare. “I don’t appreciate words like banging and knocking up in this throne room. Although it’s accurate, it’s very inappropriate.”Hera chided.

“Rather than discussing this, we need to talk about those boys. Who are they?”Zeus asked, his voice thundering across the room. “Let me see again. Hmm…ah, here we go. The blonde one with the intense glare is Huang Zitao, Ares’ son. He’s 21 years old. The tan, handsome one with the pout who hugged Suzy was Kim Jong-in, the son of Hades. He’s 20 years old and the one with…”he said but was interrupted by the loud “WHAT?!” made by the other Olympians.

“How can this be possible? Even Hades broke the oath? This is sacrilege.”Hera announced. “You have got a lot of explaining to do, brother.”Poseidon growled at Hades. “Well, this was when I heard about Jason’s birth. I was pissed. I mean if you two could have more mortal children, why couldn’t I? So I went back to Italy and met a Korean student there. Damn, she was hot.” he explained with a grin.

The arguing continued until Apollo had interrupted. “People, I don’t like being interrupted when I am talking. So shut your traps.” he yelled. Surprisingly, everyone kept quiet. “Now, where was I? Ah, yes. Well, the last one. The innocent-looking one with the brown hair and eyes is Zhang Yixing or Lay, the son of Poseidon. He’s 23 years old.” he ended with a grin. Everyone now looked at Poseidon who looked away from their stares.

“Yixing’s mom and I met in Hawaii. She was an environmentalist. So passionate about her work. She loved the water. I fell for her badly. After 6 months, she told me that she was pregnant. I stayed with her for a year and then I left. I moved to New York and met Percy’s mother. And you know the rest.” his eyes twinkled. 

“Men are so disgusting. When they’re done with you, they leave you for other women.”Artemis wrinkled her nose in disgust. “As much as I hate to say this, I agree with Artemis on this one. What you three did was disgusting.”Aphrodite said. Athena, Demeter and Hera nodded in approval. “Hey, hey. I only had one kid since the World War era. If you want to talk disgusting, my brothers are the poster boys. Not me.”Hades quipped where another fight broke out.

“Chiron, give this to my daughter. It will be very useful to her.” Zeus said, taking out a diamond encrusted silver hairpin from his suit pocket. “As you wish, my lord.”Chiron said as he took it and bowed again. Zeus then resumed on to arguing with the other Olympians. He left quietly, his head shaking in disapproval. “Gods,” he thought.

*Meanwhile at Camp Half-blood*

Suzy had settled in the Hermes Cabin.  She had noticed there were way too many people in the Hermes cabin but she didn’t mind. She actually liked the stuffy, crowded family-like atmosphere compared to the huge apartment she had to live alone in since her soar to fame. Her only problem was privacy. When she tried to change, another camper always came in unexpectedly.

Annabeth had let her change in the Athena cabin despite it being against the rules. She had changed into the orange Camp Half-blood T-shirt which wasn’t her size at all. One side of the shirt kept on sliding off her shoulder and it showed off a bit of her stomach.

 Maybe she shouldn’t have trusted the Stoll brothers when they gave her the tee. Nevertheless, she kept her cool and she wore the t-shirt with worn out, ripped shorts with high platform boots. Her long black hair had hidden anything inappropriate.

She got out of the cabin for her first class which was wrestling. Everyone stared at her for two reasons: her outfit which showed off every good asset of her body and the fact she had managed to defeat a freaking Minotaur without touching it or getting a single scratch.

She smiled in satisfaction when she found out that her opponent would be Travis Stoll. “It’s payback time, Stoll.” she thought. She had pinned him down instantly the moment the whistle blew. She even sat on him so that he wouldn’t get up.

When the whistle blew announcing that she was the winner, she bent down and whispered in Travis’s ear, “Revenge is a dish best served painful, dear.” she smiled as he blushed and shuddered.

She pinned down each and every one of her opponents with ease. She was done with Percy Jackson who accepted defeat the moment she sat on his back. “The advantage of being a giant.” she giggled. It was now her final opponent; Kai.

Kai grinned like the Cheshire cat and whistled a low tune which earned him a playful glare from Suzy. “Just because you’re my best friend doesn’t mean I’ll go easy on you, Jong-in oppa.”She smirked. “Oh, we’ll see about that, Bae Suji. We’ll see.” he smirked back. The whistle blew.

Suzy had held on to Kai tightly and spun him around. It worked as he fell down but he took her down with him. She fell on top of him. If she had been shorter, she would’ve kissed him accidentally but as she was a 168 cm giant, his lips grazed against her...chest area. She gasped and blushed furiously but thankfully, no one had noticed the embarrassing thing. 

She looked at Kai who was blushing as well. “I am sorry.” he mouthed.  She mouthed back ‘It’s okay’ to him. The referee had helped her up, announcing her as the winner. She smiled tightly as everyone applauded her.

“Class has ended. You guys can go now.” the counselor had announced. Suzy ran away to her next class before Kai could catch up with her and formally apologize. “That was so embarrassing.” This was the thought that was on both of their minds.