Chapter 15

The Demigods

Kai’s mind was in a muddled state. Seeing her kiss Taemin, albeit to save him, broke his heart. Breaking it didn’t even seem to cover it. He felt as if his heart was torn out of his chest, stomped and spit on and then ripped apart into pieces. He knew he was going to have to confess sooner or later and he didn’t even care that there was a possibility that she would reject him. He just wanted to get the load off his mind.

He had never been more nervous in his entire life. He repeatedly told himself that he was going to march up to her and take her hand and just say the three magical words. But then he saw a huge bump in his task. A bump named Zhang Yixing. He was talking to Suzy. He looked nervous. “Oh, no…he’s going to confess.” He thought. In a surge of bravery, he marched up to Suzy and took her away from Lay to some quiet corner.

She broke away from his grip. “Yah, oppa. What are you doing? Lay oppa was telling me something.” she yelled. “I have a damn good reason to do so.” he said as he turned around and met her gaze. His intense chocolate brown eyes stared into her large, innocent blue-gray ones and in an instant, his nervousness returned. “Well?”She asked, tapping her foot impatiently. “I-I d-don’t want y-you t-t-to be near h-him.” he stammered. “Huh, why?”She asked. “B-Because I-I-I l-love you.”He said. “I love you too. But that’s still no reason to do that.” she chided.

He sighed in exasperation. She still didn’t know. He grabbed her by her waist. “Kim Jongin, what are you doing?”She asked, hitting him on his chest to let her go. “Yah, you pabo. I don’t love you. I am in love with you.” he whispered into her ear before pulling her into a deep and passionate kiss. She gasped. He pulled away after some time and let her go. “So what is your answer, Bae Suji? Yes or no?”he asked, tilting his head a bit to the side. She blushed and ran away, leaving him behind.

 “That was…y.” she thought before mentally slapping herself. “What are you thinking, Bae Suji? He’s your best friend. He’s been your best friend for years now. You can’t risk all that for a relationship.” she chided. Just then, she collided into someone. She fell on the ground, the person falling on her. Their lips crashed against each other. She opened her eyes and saw Lay. She blushed even more. He got up quickly and helped her up.

His hair was ruffled and his face was beetroot red. “Aw…that’s so cute.” she thought. “I am sorry, Suzy-ah. I didn’t mean to…”he said. “It’s alright, oppa.” She smiled at him. “Um, Suzy…about that time…I need to tell you something.” he said. He looked nervous. “I…I...”he stammered. “What is it? Oppa, tell me.” she said, holding his hand. “I THINK I AM FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU.” He declared and then covering his mouth. He ran away, leaving Suzy behind. She sank down to the ground, cursing her life. Two confessions from two hot and adorable guys who happen to her best friends. “What am I going to do now?”She thought.

-

Lay cursed himself as he ran away. “Running away after confessing? Real brave move, Yixing.”He thought to himself. “Now Suzy’s probably going to reject me.” he thought again. He stopped at the hallway. No one was there. He took deep breaths. “Then again, I broke up with Eunji. No girl wants to be a rebound.” he thought to himself. “I need to talk to someone.” he said to himself. Kai? No, he loved Suzy even more than his life. Krystal? She was going to scold him on how every girl doesn’t want to be a rebound. Tyson? He had his own personal problems about Ella. His father, Poseidon? He was probably going to laugh at him and . He took a deep breath. “She’s not going to say or do anything to me, is she?”He thought.

“Only one way to find out.” he thought as he went to the rooftop which had a fountain. He pulled out a golden drachma from his pocket and made an offering to the goddess Iris. “O, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering.” he prayed as he threw the drachma into the fountain. “Aphrodite, the Olympian throne room, please.” he said. The Mist shimmered and an image of Aphrodite popped up.

“Hello, Yixing.”She said with a smile. “Hello, Lady Aphrodite.” he replied uneasily. “Your confession was adorable. Not as y as Kai’s, but adorable.” she appraised, making him blush. “Lady Aphrodite, I need your advice.” he asked. “Sure, about what?”She asked, although she knew. “It’s about Suzy. I want to win her heart.” he said with a brave front although he was shuddering inside on what Zeus would do to him and Kai.

“Aw, that’s adorable. Young love. Romeo and Juliet-esque.”She sighed dreamily. Lay blushed. “Um, Lady Aphrodite…”he trailed off. “Oh, yes. First thing, wait.” she advised. He was puzzled. “What?” he thought. “No girl wants to be a rebound. And considering you confessed right after your official breakup with your girlfriend…”she smirked. He nodded. She did have a point.

“While waiting, do subtle things to let her know. Girls fall for that stuff.” she said again. He nodded, taking note in his mind. “Lastly, don’t put any pressure on her. If you do, you can say goodbye to any possibility of you and her.”Aphrodite warned. He nodded. “Speaking on that note, I must say goodbye. Something awesome is going to happen. Toodles.” she giggled as she waved her hand through the mist. “Take note of this stuff, Yixing. And she’ll fall for you.” he said to himself.

*Meanwhile at Olympus*

“Let me go. Those two need to be taught a lesson.”Zeus yelled, two lightning bolts in his hand, as all the other gods tried to stop him from electrocuting Kai and Lay with his bolts. “Brother, stop it. That’s my son.”Poseidon yelled, blocking the way with his trident. “And mine.”Hades yelled even louder, his hand on Zeus’s.

“That’s my daughter. A princess of Olympus. She is the most powerful demigod in the world. And how dare those two idiots maul her like that?”He bellowed. “It was an accident with Yixing. He likes her a lot and you know how gentle he is. He wouldn’t do this on purpose…though I can’t account for Hades’ son.”Poseidon said. Hades glared at Poseidon and looked at his youngest brother Zeus pleadingly.

“Zeus, be reasonable. He’s in love with her. Love makes you do crazy things. For example, you stole a golden apple from Hera’s tree for Gianna.”Hades reminded which made Hera send a shocked glare at her husband and brother. “I take it she didn’t know about that.”Hades said when Zeus glared at him. “But she didn’t eat it, dear.”Zeus told Hera as if to pacify her. He then turned to his brothers. He was about to say something which would turn into a full scale war when Aphrodite giggled. “What?”The three brothers said in unison. “Oh, nothing. That was just Lay. He was just asking how to win Suzy’s heart.” she said dreamily.

“Oh, that’s the last straw.”Zeus growled as he aimed his lightning bolt directly at Lay who was staring at the starry night sky. “Stop it, Zeus.”Hera said. He looked at his wife. “Two very handsome and powerful men are fighting over your youngest daughter. You should be thrilled.” she chided. “But…”Zeus said. “No buts.”Hera interrupted, making the other gods snicker. Hera immediately sent a death glare at them which made them shut up.

“She’s right. I am rather impressed at the two’s bravery to go against you. This is the perfect theme for my newest poem.”Apollo said as he cleared his throat. “Apollo, I am in no mood to hear your poetry. And especially about my daughter and her two…suitors. So please, for Mother Rhea’s sake, keep quiet.”Zeus begged. Apollo grumbled as he sat back down on his throne.

“Father, love is a weakness when it comes to battle. So I suggest why don’t we make Suzy a Hunter?”Artemis suggested. “No! I am not going to let you make my granddaughter into some never aging chaste bore who runs around turning boys into jackalopes.”Aphrodite protested. “Well, it’s better than what you do, flirting with men of whatever status.”Artemis retorted. “You wanna fight? Let’s fight.”Aphrodite said, taking off her earrings. Artemis got her bow and arrow ready.

“Girls, stop it.”Zeus and Hera warned. The two goddesses sat back down on their thrones, giving each other death glares. Zeus sighed. “Fine, I’ll let the two dimwits live. But if any one of them even looks at my daughter funny, I suggest my brothers to build memorials for their sons from the start.”Zeus grumbled.