Chapter 29

The Demigods

Suzy flew to the 63 building on a golden cloud. She landed on the observation deck where Kronos was waiting for her eagerly. His golden eyes gave her the creeps as he showed off his (well, Kris’s) killer smile. “Hello, Suzy. You seem to look even lovelier than the last time we met.”Kronos complimented. Suzy rolled her eyes. “And I see that arrow hit you where I wanted it to.”She smirked, looking at the side view of the freshly dressed wound on his .

“Oh? Then, I applaud you for such an accurate mark.”Kronos smiled, wincing as Kris fought him. But he shook it off. He didn’t need to show Suzy that Kris was fighting him and apparently winning. “Let’s get on with it, Kronos.”Suzy said, taking out the Spear from her quiver. Kronos just smiled and shook his head. “Be patient, child. First, I want to show you something delightful.”He grinned, gesturing over to the view of Seoul.

Curious, she looked at it and froze. The most horrifyingly ugly monster was in front of them destroying Seoul. “Typhon?”She asked, though knowing the answer. Kronos nodded. “The one thing that had almost singlehandedly overthrown Olympus. He keeps grudges like no other creature in this world, Suzy. Watch as he crushes this puny city and the weaklings you call your friends and family.”He laughed. Suzy obeyed and looked on, horrified.  Kronos looked on from behind and groaned silently.

She watched as Typhon advanced, knocking down buildings and towers like bowling pins. To her relief, Hades and Demeter were working together and stopped them from falling down. But he still was going strong. Suddenly, she saw multiple thunderbolts attacking the monster. She smiled in relief. “Way to go, daddy.”She thought. Typhon stepped into the river, barely mid calf. Poseidon’s sons Percy and Lay created a chain of water and held him. The monster struggled furiously as he tried to free himself.

Just then, a conch could be heard. The call of Poseidon. Alarmed, Kronos ran up to the view and saw Typhon being ensnared by huge black iron chains with the courtesy of a battalion of Cyclopes on different sea creatures. Then, Poseidon impaled him with his trident. The other gods joined him. “NO, NO, NO, NO!”Kronos yelled. But it was too late. Down Typhon went to Tartarus. “He definitely destroyed this ‘puny city’, Kronos.” Suzy laughed. Kronos clenched his angry and struck Suzy and sent her flying across the room.

Suzy got up quickly as soon as she fell. She wiped off the blood trickling down from the side of . “Oh, that’s the last straw.”She growled, picking up the Spear which had fallen next to her. A scary skirmish pursued. Suzy successfully dodged each and every attack Kronos made, but she was exhausted, tired. But then she had realized that he was also tiring. His face changed every time he tried to kill her. “It is a wild shot but is Kris fighting him?”She thought.

Just then, she fell down in exhaustion as she tried to stab Kronos in his chest. It made a tiny little scratch but other than that, he was fine. She looked up at him. His scythe was over her neck, just itching to behead her and taste her blood. But he was hesitating. Her hope was confirmed. Kris was fighting him. Now was her chance. “Kris…is that you?”She asked hesitatingly. For a moment, she saw his gold eyes flicker back into his normal brown ones. But then the creepy gold color came back.

“Bye bye, Suzy. It’s been nice knowing you.”He grinned and bought down the scythe with full force. Suzy closed her eyes, waiting for the force to come crashing down upon her. But, it didn’t. She opened her eyes and saw Kronos on his knees, groaning. His scythe was out of his reach. She grabbed it and threw it down the deck. “Hope it didn’t hit someone.”She thought.

Kronos got back up but he sank back down, cursing everything Olympian. He then roared which was probably heard across town. She covered her face with her hands in frustration. Now her dad along with her friends and siblings would come marching in full war regalia, trying to ‘save’ her. “Suzy…”Kronos’ voice changed. It seemed more human like. She glanced at the Titan and saw that he was in unbearable pain. Her fatal flaw kicked in and she ran towards him with the Spear in hand, just in case.

She looked into his eyes. Intense black-brown eyes like his father, Pluto. Kris was back. She sighed in relief and was about to hug him when she stopped and look at him in horror.  His body was turning into a golden color. Kronos was coming out. He was going to assume his true form in a few moments. “Suzy…please stab me. It’s the…only…way…to… stop….Kronos.”Kris got out between huge pants. He unlatched the side straps of his armor and exposed a bit of skin under his arm. “Do it now!”Kris ordered. With tear filled eyes, she had stabbed him.

It wasn’t deep but he howled in pain. Tears flowed freely out of her eyes. She cradled Kris’s head in her lap. “I am so sorry.”She whispered gently. He held up his charred hand and wiped her tears. He smiled. “Shh…it’s okay. You did what you had to.”He comforted. “I always wished for this to happen, though under different circumstances.”He joked with a chuckle. She then remembered. “You pabo, why didn’t you confess?”She yelled, hiccupping.

“I was scared that you would reject…me. I wouldn’t have been able to handle it….I loved you and still love you too much.”He confessed. “I wouldn’t have, just so you know.”She said. “Damn it.” He cursed, making her chuckle. “Do you know something? When I took the curse of Styx, I had to focus on something important that would hold me to my mortal life. I saw you. The memory when I first saw you flashed through my mind. So innocent…so beautiful.”He croaked. His breathing was becoming slower. Suzy fought every urge not to cry.

“Do you think…that if we had met under normal circumstances…you could have fallen in love with me?”He asked. She nodded. “Yeah, Kris oppa. I think I would have.”She smiled sadly. “You called me oppa…”He noticed. “Well, aren’t you?”She asked with a smirk but the tears were building up. He laughed and then winced in pain. It was getting to him now. He tucked a loose strand behind her ear. “Bae Suji, I need to get this off my chest…before I die.”He said his voice barely audible. “Go on, oppa.”She urged.

“I love you...You’re the only woman I have truly ever loved.”He confessed and sighed in relief. “That wasn’t hard at all. Death does make it easier.”He smiled. Just then, everyone thundered into the room, expecting a battle. They became quiet as they saw the two. “Kronos…”Kai asked. Suzy shook her head. “It’s Kris.”She smiled sadly. Hades ran up to him and caressed the demigod’s face. Kris shivered. “I am so sorry, my beautiful son. I shouldn’t have tried to kill your dream. Now look what’s happened.”Hades whispered. Tears glistened in his eyes.

“It’s okay, dad. I am the one who should be sorry. I rebelled and that cost me everything I loved. I love you, dad. Please tell Proserpina that I am sorry and tell her that I love her too. And I have a request. Don’t erase my memories. I want the good with the bad. I need it to last in the Fields of Punishment. ”He smiled, looking at Suzy. “You died a hero, my boy. You’ll get Elysium. I swear.”Hades patted his head and looked pleadingly at his fellow Olympians who nodded in agreement.

“Think…rebirth. Try for three times. Isles of the Blest.” He shook his head weakly. He gasped for air. “Call…the other members.”Kris requested. Suzy nodded and looked at Tao, Lay and Kai who nodded back and ran towards their dying dhuizhang. “Hyung…”Tao cried. “Shh…Zitao. Be strong. Be the son of Ares you are. You have Krystal now. Be happy with her and forgive me. You will always be my little panda.”Kris said. He then gazed at Kai and Lay. “Both of you…keep Suzy happy. If….you two hurt her…I will haunt your asses.”He threatened in a serious tone.

He then looked at Suzy. “I…have a request.”He smirked. “Anything. What is it?”She asked. “A kiss for me to remember always.”He requested. “What?”Zeus bellowed. “Brother, he’s dying.”Poseidon scolded. Suzy nodded and smiled. Hades along with Lay, Tao and Kai went back to the group, staring intently. Suzy cupped his face, leaned down and captured his lips. He kissed back. She was amazed. This was the greatest kiss she had experienced in her life. It went on for some time until the others coughed uncomfortably.

She broke the kiss. “Sweet. I can now die a happy man.” He smiled. His breathing became shallow and he closed his eyes for the last time. Suzy now let go of all her tears and cried inconsolably. But eventually, she calmed down and wiped her tears with the back of her sleeve. She got up and turned around, facing the Olympians and demigods. “We need a shroud,” She announced, her voice cracking. “A shroud for Kris, the son of Pluto.”